Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, August 28, 2021

August 28, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 28, 2020, love my NetGear modem.
Five years ago today: August 28, 2016, I’ll be working alone.
Nine years ago today: August 28, 2012, to the da Vinci.
Random years ago today: August 28, 2011, a generic day.

           Biden bombed a Taliban hideout in retaliation for an airport bomb. That should infuriate them enough with 15,000 known Americans behind enemy lines in a desperate attempt to take American minds off the border, the vaccine mandates, and the audits. If that doesn’t work, and it hasn’t so far, there is the nuclear option. Damn that Trump. The Democrats need a constant war to keep you distracted from what they are up to behind our backs. Forget the Green New Deal that will rob you blind, “we” have a war to win—and you’re worried about CRT? C’mon, man.
           So Reddit asked the question what was the most difficult things women could not get men to understand? Are you ready? Was it their deep understanding of the philosophical underpinnings of the universe, or an intuition-driven solution to Dighton Rock? Nope. Menstrual cramps. Is that self-centered enough for you, or you need more? And you wonder why such a tiny group of men own the world.

           Mid-morning found me out to see the $50,000 trailer—the cheapest piece of livability in Polk County. I was not alone. The result is no decision. You still get what I found. Importantly, the “trailer” is big, my guess is 14x58 foot at least. The yard is overgrown, there is a well and a septic tank. Four other parties showed up for a look while I was there, maybe because I was there the longest, which I will explain. I have no reservations about asking the neighbors for the story behind the sale.
           It is owned by a brother & sister who grew up next door, where their mother still lives. One of them had a younger brother who was a doper. They let him live in the unit with the mother of his children, marital status unknown. But constantly fighting until he kicked her out. The unsupervised kids made a total mess of the place, leaving holes in the walls and broken toys all over the yard. They finally got rid of him and rented to an old guy, who died before he could clean the place up, this was apparently a month ago. The place needs around $20,000 in work and effort to be presentable again.
           The siblings had stack roofing tin up in the yard (see photo), as they have to recover the whole building. Overnight, somebody stole it and a day later the unit was on the market. They want $25,000 down and payments of $400 per month for ten years. Good luck finding anyone with $25,000 in cash, an amount these days viewed as “excessive”. A similar unit across the road sold last year for $15,000. Nine of the nearby houses are owned by a single party who rents them out. The area is a bit rough, but I’d live there. The atmosphere is one of dominance by older good-old-boys, who tend to keep crime and bullshit to a minimum without any need to involve the police.

Picture of the day.
COVID wine-tasting domes.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I can’t get today together, but I see that Songsterr is paying for contributions. Took them long enough. They don’t have enough bass tabs and there is also the factor I don’t want to go up against studio perfectionists. My style is made for stage presentation and there are corners that must be cut and they are offset by a better audience experience. My question, is this a market niche? If so, I am super fast at creating tabs, which I often do so as not to forget some of my own work. What say I try one using a new concept that I know has never been touched by the on-line tutorials. Bass designed for duo work. The hard part is done, since my style involves adding a few extras that enhance rather than just accompany. In the end, it is about the money.
           First thing is they only accept software generated tabs. I don’t pay for software if there is any alternative, so ditch Guitar Pro. I don’t like the attitude on their web page. Now this TuxGuitar looks okay. But it won’t install on my system. So, this gets shelved and maybe we’ll take another look another day. Sorry, Brandon, one day you will learn to write for what people actually use rather than the latest piece of crap you can find on a Google ad site. Trust me, most people who write music tabs are not doing it on a smart phone.
           Before we continue, here is a photo of KETO coffee. I did not associate it with the diet, as you see the label does not specify any connection. The ingredients included “grass-fed butter”, so I gave it a try. Rather unique, I like it, but it will never replace coffee proper. The flavor is mild, neither butter nor coffee. I’ve only read tales of people drinking tea with yak butter, and I suggest they’d more enjoy a yak burger. This K-cup says mind-body-soul so I tried it with breakfast. Admittedly, I could be missing the effect.

           Another amusement is the law case filed by the guy who got his bitcoins stolen by some teens over in England. He’s suing the parents, saying they should “reasonably” have known what their kids were up to on the computer. Sounds more like he ought to be suing his own parents because they didn’t.
           You know what a “reverse warrant” is? It’s an arrest warrant for people with nothing to hide. When a crime is committed, the police grab all the Google records for whoever was in the vicinity and put them on a suspect list, an activity forbidden by the Constitution. True, on should obey the law, but at the same time, warrantless searches are forbidden for good reason. Police should never be allowed to comb through records looking for people to charge, which is exactly what happens. I say again, it’s a pity I won’t live long enough to see this all come back and bite the millennials in the ass. Some say it already is, I say they ain’t seen nuttin’ yet.

           This raises all new possibilities for fraud and misdirection. My phone has no SIM card, so am not tracked unless I make a call. If I was going to pull a heist, I would get some solenoids to have Arduino place calls from the library or something, and use some ruse to make people I don’t like be near the bank. Alibis become easier or harder depending on how well you can plan ahead. And watch out for police sting operations when they know who you are but can’t find you. In essence, a smart phone is all it takes to join the ranks of Jimmy Hoffa, Adolf Hitler, and Jason D. Brown.
Speaking of infamous AOLs, did you hear they are letting Sirhan Sirhan out? It seems the Kennedy’s sprung him. I wonder what the deal was on that one? Time to take another look at grand-pa's last will, methinks.

ADDENDUM
           I see there is dissention where it was never supposed to exist. Canada. A nation of wimp leftists with 40% of the population on some form of welfare. I worked with Canadians for 15 years and know what I saw. They are groomed from birth that they are free and better than the Americans, who are tainted by success. They are indoctrinated that their government is good and anyone who questions that is crazy. The fact is, I’ve seen Canadians put on one show for the TV cameras and quite the opposite when they get home. Easterners are often vilely hated both for their welfare politics and their culture. So it was with great surprise and a bit of glee to see that stooge Trudeau getting repeatedly booed off the stage. The video does not say, but that would be west of Ontario.
           Sadly in the USA, the libtards are still winning the race to take over, but resistance is growing faster than they though possible. It took a year, but there is finally organized opposition, although it still takes the form of heated speeches a the school board and filing cases court cases that will be thrown out by the first liberal judge who get his hands on it.

           Later, the situation in Canada may be more serious than thought. The entire media is government-owned, you must have ID on file before any broadcast, and there are severe restrictions on what you can say. It seems what was not shown was desperate Canadians trying to claw through chain-link fences to kill the Prime Minister. I have investments in Canada so I am not going to post many pictures of the violence, but I examined the faces closely. In most scenes was 100% mothers, children, and grandfathers. I have a subtle understanding of the enormous effort required to get Canadians to even speak up, much less march in the streets. When you incite such people, Trudeau, you days are numbers.
           Worse, Trudeau was whisked away by an RCMP thug squad and later called the “protesters” both wrong-thinking and sinners. There is a special place reserved in Hell for people like Justin Trudeau. But no mercy for the people from me, my experience is Canadians will do anything to appear nice on the surface, and they elected the Liberals. (TMOR, Canada does not elect a Prime Minister, they elect party representatives, who then appoint between themselves the Prime Minister.)

           Strongly NOT represented in any of the released pictures of the riots are any Hindus, Jamaicans, Ethiopians, Iranians, Syrians, or Chinese who have been flooding into Canada for the past forty years. They know when they got a good thing going.

Last Laugh