Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, January 6, 1980

January 6, 1980

TRANSCRIBED:
           I dropped in to see Rob and guess who showed? Uh-huh, and they spent the night reminiscing, you could call it. Myself, I went for my usual drive, and did I mention, when I got home last nite, Heather had drank an entire gallon of ripple. Almost, I had a small glass or two.
           The hardest part about being poor is I always have to accommodate certain people. That is to say, if I could afford a private place, I would never, never stand to let someone talk to me the way, for instance, Heather does. Her major failing is that the thinks the combination of age and booze has given her X-ray vision into people’s lives.
           Her mind is gone. Why do I live there? Two reasons. I found it on a dime and there is no place else. The guys are already talking behind my back, wondering how I can stand it. I could actually have done worse. Being a loser has made her 100% reliable. Sort of, I know she’ll always be there and pay her half, since she has no other options. I speculate what would happen to her if a couple of crises came up at once.

           [Author’s note 2012: When I was calling around looking for a room, Heather answered the phone and said I could move in, simple as that. Rob had got us kicked out of the place we were crashing for stealing the other guy’s lunch bag out of the fridge. Heather was too ugly in every way, so don’t even speculate. I was to meet another Heather in 2010. Named Theresa. I hope a pattern isn’t emerging here.]

           [Author’s note 2024: Here's this page updated to 2024 formatting. There is a dirth of any pics from this period of my life, just out of school, no camera, the whole story. That's Dudley Moore, a comedian who died in 2002. Beside him is the 1969 Miss California, Susan Anton, who is still around today and worth $10 million. This is a publicity photo, they never dated. Since most people would ask, Dudley if 5-foot-2 and Susan in 5-foot-11. The picture is here because it was taken in January, 1980, I think.]