Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, February 19, 2001

February 19, 2001


           Summer’s here. I recall thinking that getting out of the car in my shirtsleeves at 6:00 this morning. Forty below is a distant memory.
Now, a curious challenge. We do have a bit of a redneck over at OT-2. Doesn’t make any difference to me. But he has an almost my-family tendency to underestimate, no, to out loud doubt [that] anyone else knows what they are talking about. And apparently he doesn’t think the new intersite job code input sheet is complicated. We shall see.
           (The problem is not the sheet, it’s what happens to the info. He’s not thinking to the next step-once I crank out the first report from the Continuum, it will become company standard. I pity any no-tech who tries to do that by hand. A small job with 20 employees means 1600 passes per day.)

           [Author’s note 2016-02-15: The company was in the process of standardizing the data input to match headquarters in Texas. Not every site had someone like myself who didn’t mind the paperwork. OT-2 (Ocean Towers II) and Continuum are the names of jobsites under my “middle management”. As shown here, I worked only on luxury high-rises.]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++