Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

February 25, 2004

           Hey, it’s Hebti and I snoozing in the afternoon. The jacket tells us it was a chilly winter day. Note the special reading lamp and the obviously quiet surroundings. I’ve never been one to party at home, if at all, I party when invited somewhere else. My home has always been full of small, valuable, handy articles.
           Database! My favorite subject, but I’ll go easy today. We have one of the best databases in the state now, and it just proved its flexibility again. Unlike the payroll system, the database can allow for special employee situations. I printed the apprenticeship records and showed them to Rhonda. Pure coincidence that someone else also noticed the records were not up to date. Everyone seems to blame Tim, but not so fast I say. Maybe they told him to keep the records, but unless he was also given the mandate and equipment, how was he supposed to do that? The records stopped on 8/27/03, and I will check with him to see what can be updated from any paperwork he may have.
           My new people from Belize are a bit more avid than the last outfit. Plus they answer questions, in itself most un-American. The cheapest lot is $7,900 but that is where they become Americans again. They quote you the price without the compulsory extras, where my stance is that if you have to pay it, it is part of the price. There seems to be two hints buried in the fine print, one about a so-called modest closing fee, and a mention of up to 12% in government fees. Is that California modest, or dictionary modest? Is that like saying a postage stamp currently costs up to 37 cents? Ha!

           The financing also sounds American, dictating minimum down payments and all that crap. Face it, without controls over where people get the money, they are only trying to ensure their own commissions. This is important, this Belize thing, because it is my cheap way of discovering what can be done overseas by indirect investments. I’ve traveled a lot, it’s investments I don’t know. I honestly believe every person who rises above living day to day should have a nest egg somewhere else in the world that North American governments cannot touch.
           Or cannot until you’ve had time to clean the thing out. Is this ethical? Just as ethical as the Yankee System of suing you for your plant and equipment as well as your income.

           [Author’s note: this refers to the government system of seizing assets, which means you should always have two sets of assets, the one they seize and the one that you can get to once being tipped off the others have been grabbed. I have always used this method even though I’m not wealthy. It just makes good sense, you know, the egg and basket theory.]

           Consider the Yankee System. The wife who divorces her husband, the piano player, often gets the piano – which she herself cannot play, for Christ’s sake, and puts him out of work until he can get another. Read on, for by now, the husband cannot disguise the fact that he is a piano player, and pianos are not easy to hide, the stupid idiot. Some may say I am not anywhere near wealthy enough to bother with this. To them I say I have also known too many others who played by the rules and trapped themselves, like the husband above. Later when it became necessary to disguise wealth (not income), they found it impossible to do so. Too many agencies were already watching their every move.
           For the record, I learned this when I was even more poor. A crooked mechanic, over a minor repair, tore my car to pieces and demanded thousands of dollars to put it back together. I took him to court, where the judge treated me like I was bothering them with my stupid problem, and bent over backward to help the mechanic. Delaying the case for five years, letting him lie and manufacture evidence under oath. It did not good to show the police advised me the only way was through the courts (another issue). In the end I proved my case entirely, and that the mechanic was a liar who had done this to people over a twenty year period. I should have gotten my car back, right? I did not. All I really got back was the money I had already paid up front for the original repair, plus a few thousand in damages. What about MY damages for the five year delay?

           The judge ordered me to give him my car! However, my car was not registered in that judge’s jurisdiction. I found out, when I went to where my car papers existed, I did not have to listen to orders from that old asshole, so screw him. Ten years later, I drove past and noticed the car rusted to a heap right where it was, and I hope that judge knows about it. That is how I learned about police advice, rotten judges, and limits on the damage they can do. Right after I found that out, I quit paying parking tickets, and parking at all. No reciprocal fine-sharing between the states, you see. And I ran up $10,000 plus in parking fines in the area the judge lived. It’s too bad he may never get that message.
           What if everyone did what I did? Read again, more deeply – they can’t. They’ve trapped themselves in the system before they realize it is too late. It takes a special set of circumstances and a very open mind to do what I did. There is no danger of the average population figuring it out on their own.