Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, March 2, 2005

March 2, 2005



           Here is a picture of the Golf Course entrance on a typical day in March. Technically, winter will be over later this month although many prairie visitors will warn you there is still plenty of time for a stinging nasty cold spell. I’m trying to recall which year it stayed below zero until the end of May. 1966? Before I forget, I saw a harness designed to put on your bird, like a pet dog, and “take your bird for a walk”. The sadist who designed this plainly does not understand how fragile a birds wing bones are. You should never touch then, much less put them into a harness.

           [Author's note 2015-03-02: An entry like this is definitely taken off a desk calendar. I would often scribble a note at my desk of this nature. But this not the case, for on this date in 2005, I was completely stricken with a creeping paralysis and could not possibly have been working. Chances are these short entries were the best I could manage at the time. The pictures are from later, but essentially timeless and taken by myself.]


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++