Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21, 2010

           The last Quebecers have left, this area is now in summer ghost town mode. This has a huge and barely calculable draining effect on the economy. The wrecking crew is back at the old trailer court, albeit at a snail’s pace. Those who know what to look for can see my old unit just below the famous tree in today’s photo. Hint, it is blue, white and green.
           The majority of homes still in this area are Canadian-owned, although Quebecer is a more accurate term. Says something called the Meech Lake Accord in 1987 (was it), the French are “considered a distinct society”. I only recall this news because it was the same year as the free trade agreement, which even fewer Canadians understand. The local news, CBC, said the Meech thing was supposed to take 13 years to “ratify”. (Like England, weird laws are often slipped in over long periods to ensure voters always have something more important to worry about at any given time.)
           Ha, did you hear that quip by Schwarzenegger? He said he was going to make a speech at an Arizona high school, but with his accent he was afraid they’d deport him. That’s from Time Magazine, who also quotes Willie Nelson making a classic, “I think America works best when there’s nobody in charge.” That’s close enough, I remind all that many quotes here are done from memory, so look them up yourselves if you want total accuracy.
           FireHow still gets top billing today. It has led my research far and wide. I see the Kindle e-book is down to $259. When it is $40, I’ll look, as that is all it is worth to me. It would have been a godsend back when I lugged 60 pounds of texts in my college knapsack. Another spin-off of my topic-hunting shows a need for mundane pieces like how to properly write a check. Seriously. Overall, I am 86% finished the FireHow project in 64% of the allotted time, mainly thanks to electric bass tabs.
           That doesn’t tell the whole story. Depending on the rarity of your search terms, my writing can handily dominate a first page search in Google. (I never thought that would happen to me.) For example, search “Korg”, an oddball name in musical equipment and add [veryatlantic] to the terms. Count my first page responses. Another point is that in itself [veryatlantic] has proven a unique word, something I’m getting a lot better at on the Internet.
           I am still unheard of in Yahoo and Alta Vista, thinking so what? Google is the big one. I’m certain some financial gain will eventually come of this. Although I can’t link from Epinion, I can link to it, and I’ve placed even more shadow ads in the musician’s columns. Be aware that each step adds complexity plus makes things progressively more difficult and time-devouring.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++