Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 2010

           This odd photo is a perspective on the Memorial Hospital entrance. This is the main entrance, looking down on the oval shaped information desk. It’s hard to put a definition on today. I was in for my scheduled stress test, which I got to the 80% stage, remarkable in itself. But it left me weak for the remainder of the day. I’ll tell what I managed, and you can take it from there. First place goes to that marketing firm in the Pines Mall. I’m another $5.00 richer for watching an Olive Garden commercial.
           I’ve eaten at Olive Garden once in my life, the salad bar. It’s expensive and too heavy on the “family dining experience” theme. Now imagine this guy who has not eaten since midnight last, just finished a blood test, and sitting down to watch a commercial for cheese and chicken chepelles. (It’s like a stuffed crepe with tons of cream sauce.) The ad shows a family of six hitting the trough and I was near fainting from hunger. None of that food is on my diet and the commercial shows a close-up of them pouring on the cheese.
           To kill my appetite until I got home, I read some articles about non-organically grown food. How you ingest up to ten pesticides a day from the most popular fruits and vegetables. There was also mention of C3 and C4, no not explosives. These are two types of photosynthesis. For those who slept through biology, C4 is more efficient in that it allows plants to grow in hotter, drier climates. Could this mean rice fields in the Sahara and backyards in Arizona?
           Sony does it again. Their IC series of voice recorders require that stupid USB-B cable with the tiny end, and between Fred and I we can’t find one. I’ve got paid work to do and Sony gives us the run around again. Also, not every cable works with the Sony for some unexplained reason. How do I just know that cable will cost $20?

           More input on FireHow. I decided to slip in a couple of bass tablaturess from the public domain to see how they’d react. The site has 25 categories and I see they must have moderators who watch their own areas. It seems whenever I enter a new category, one of them goes in and alters my title. I left them a note indicating I did not require any help from their direction, that it was difficult enough creating a unique style under their term of usage. I have notice at least one author trying to copycat but he’s a real rookie.
           The income has flattened out at 0.00321 cents per click. Now we know. Generally I’ll check if a topic has already been covered, but last day I went ahead and gave photographic instructions on how to clean a mechanical mouse. Today I spotted the same posted a month ago. I checked it out and there is no comparison. Where mine gives photos and clear directions on each step, the other is a couple of paragraphs that assumes people know how to disassemble the device.
           Although both posts are found by the same search, mine already has 27 top ratings, where the other doesn’t even show a rating. So the question is, did I clobber somebody else’s work, or is my article clearly the popular choice? I’ll wait and see if anybody complains. The other article was rattled off in a few minutes, where my post is a slick, professional presentation that walks away with first prize. It took me over an hour to compose the material, take the photos and upload everything.

           If nobody squawks, I may attempt another repeated topic. I was also able to experiment with the source code, searching for a way to reduce white space (leading, rhymes with “bedding”) between my bass tab lines. I doubt another author on that entire web page even knows what the hell that is. FireHow uses a weird IDE called “Dragonfly”. To date, I am their heaviest uploader of photos and I’ll soon learn if I can introduce some baffling complexities to make sure the competition remains in the dust even if they figure out how I do things.
           What I cannot do so far (and it seems neither can anyone else) is put a box around anything, get the system to read the tag, make my backgrounds a unique color, place two photos side by side (which will guaranty my reputation), frame items that have no borders, and paste from Word. But I’m learning.
           So that’s where it stands. A thousand clicks earns $3.21. I’ve published 49 articles that are already attracting secondaries (people who are disinterested in my topic but like to read what I wrote). My work is top quality for the web site so there is every chance of other offers. There is no easy way to monitor any individual posts. The opposition has been measured and found wanting. It has been 40 days and I haven’t resorted to articles like “How to waste time.”

           [Author's note 2015-04-24: In the end, I did not do any of the above. I was soon to abandon writing these "how-to" articles. The cause is easy to understand. The money to be made is from writing tons of crappy articles and multiple posting them on as many different sites as possible. Ward Cunningham put it right, "The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, but to post the wrong answer."]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++