Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 2, 2017

Yesteryear
One year ago today: December 2, 2016, Yes, I could.
Five years ago today: December 2, 2012, Miami has tanked.
Nine years ago today: December 2, 2008, a generic day.
Random years ago today: December 2, 2002, World IQ map.

           My new porch plan involves ripping up a lot of what I’ve already done. Since I’m doubling the strength with sister joists, out comes the insulation and much of the re-routed electrical wiring. I would have had to do part of this anyway, as I ran the wrong kind of wire to one of the dedicated air conditioning receptacles. (I used 14/2 instead of 12/2.) That will occupy the morning. Like most construction, it is systematic grunt work, so expect to hear me snarl about Bushnell adultery radio. I’m going over to Agt. R’s to arrange for delivery of the 2x12’s and possibly some gravel. That I swore I would never buy.
           Feast your eyes on these, the most expensive glasses I’ve ever owned. Horn rims? Yes, there are several good reasons for that. One is that when I’m driving, I want to appear as conservative as possible. The road patrol does not need to know I’m the leader of the underground revolution prepping for the moment to defend our country from its domestic enemies. Also, I only use them for driving, so the money was poured into those glare-free safety lenses.

           Another aspect is comfort, all glasses except this style and granny-glasses give me a slight headache. You are looking at the best ‘cheap’ glasses that insurance can buy. Around $400. Ooooh, security lapse. Did I just say something about insurance? That is a no-no blog topic, so strike that reference from the records. What? Well, they say things like that to a jury and think it works, don’t they? You say what? Oh, I agree. If the jury outranks the Judge, what the hell is he doing telling them what to disregard?
           The order is in for the deck lumber. It ain’t cheap. On the other hand, you have not seen the projections on the value a front porch will add to this place. Trust me, it is worth every penny. I even considered putting in a faux roof gable. To be more specific, the pricing involves those 5/4” treated deck boards and that is not a given yet. They are $10 bucks each for the good ones and I would need something to the tune of 38 pieces.
           The allocation further includes full GFCI wiring, all-weather lamps, sconces around the main door, exterior outlets, and two overhead fans with speed controls. While the deck is a screened-in design, drive around the block and count how many houses have the porches walled in for extra bedrooms. See, I told ya. Scale models are worth many times their extra cost.

Picture of the day.
Utah.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Some trivia. The Enola Gay was the B-29 bomber that laid the atomic egg on Hiroshima. To any newbies here, that event is taught in Japanese grade schools as the beginning of World War II. That’s correct. At America’s expense, Japanese school children are taught nothing about Pearl Harbor, Nanking, or the Bataan death march. They are taught that the war began when America dropped the bomb and ended a few days later when the peaceful Japanese people surrendered. They are also taught not to offend Americans who have crazy notions about Japanese atrocities. But we are interested in the Enola Gay.
           The bomb weighed 10,000 pounds. It was ten feet long and five feet in diameter, so the dang thing would not fit into a B-29 bomb bay. It was also heavy enough to shift the center of gravity. The Americans had a bomb they could not deliver. Working day and night, a squad of mechanics ripped out as much of the armor and guns as they dared. Remember, the Japs had by then developed some pretty snappy turbocharged fighters, though only an idiot thinks there was ever any real chance of the Japs winning a war against America. Following is a jpeg of the entire Japanese twelfth grade history lesson concerning the Rape of Nanking. It is referred to as an “indicent”.


           [Author’s note: the Japs did not have a Jewish-owned banking system to finance their side of the war, a trait to this day shared by every one of America’s “enemies”. What? I can’t say 'Jewish'? Okay, I meant 'state-owned' banking system. But I meant the part about banks. The international banking cartel demonizes (and bombs) all countries that don’t live on credit. They need to be brought into the fold. The list is familiar. Libya, Cuba, Syria, Bosnia, North Korea and yes, Germany. It has been said that every printed dollar in the world is an IOU to the Rothschilds. The Rothschild banks are known for lending money to both sides. Can't get much fairer than that, huh?]

           Back to the B-29, a new bomb bay was carved out of the insides to accommodate the nuclear weapons. This was so time-consuming and expensive, only two planes were modified. The Enola Gay and Bock’s Car. The process so weakened the superstructure they were mothballed afterward. Still, until the utterly useless Space Shuttle came along twenty-odd years later, these were probably the two most expensive aircraft ever made.
           As a footnote to that, the cost of weapons is not always measurable. By the wars end, Germany was only devoting a few percent of its economy to building tanks. But some estimates say they were forced to pour nearly half their production effort into building fighter airplanes. You see, Germany’s air force was designed to win battles, not to carpet bomb the enemy’s civilian housing. (The bankers who financed the American war effort did not just want to destroy German armies, they also wanted to teach Germany a lesson. Kick us out, will you?)

ADDENDUM
           The year-end totals are coming in, 2017 was not that bad. I was $4,586 over budget, but that, I caution, was budget items. Not the extraordinary expenses of $4,891. Extraordinary is a kind of category hard to explain. But it is necessary because it is caused by those rainy days that you save up for. Hence, it cannot be counted as an asset. The bulk of the cost was buying the car in September, the non-budget cost [of that vehicle] totaled $3,185 so I wasn’t just squawking about how that car nearly wiped me out. Wow, am I ever a success in life.
           For curiosity’s sake, let’s peek at some of the items that were categorized as extraordinary, if only because some of them can hardly be called emergencies. We got the bedroom A/C unit, a microscope, a new guitar case, and a ride home from the Ft. Meyers hospital. The rest was mainly that car—registration, tags, license, insurance, tax, and numerous other useless government gouges. The cost was absorbed by my buffers but we don’t want to be taking too many hits like that.
           The good news is that I’m up $6,740 in rent I didn’t pay this year. Okay, it’s not all good but most of it is. Overall, this cabin was a smart move and then some. The actual cost of traveling back to Miami for the entire year was $258, peanuts really. Yes, I spent more than these numbers reflect, but things like gas, food, entertainment, and coffee are separately budgeted. And I’m not saying what my total was. It’s a pity more people don’t have a better attitude toward budgeting. Look how well it works for me. My income is probably half what you think it is.


Last Laugh

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++