Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, September 5, 2019

September 4, 2019

Yesteryear
One year ago today: September 4, 2018, an on-off day.
Five years ago today: September 4, 2014, condo farms.
Nine years ago today: September 4, 2010, your $5,000 tent.
Random years ago today: September 4, 2016, fraught.

           Yeppers, another visit to the vet and another hundred bucks. And the discovery that the broken fridge light is somewhere in the circuitry, so nobody is going to spend $80 to fix a $70 fridge. Turns out it always was a clunker and that’s what the people who left it behind had paid for it. The Reb borrowed a multimeter from Jimmy so I could test the circuit and he hands her a $400 Fluke meter. I didn’t have the heart to tell him a free meter they give away at HF does just as good a job. See what a nice guy I am when I want to be?
           Taking the dogs for one of their three walks today, I decided to head back this weekend. Just not directly back because the unspent surplus for this trip is now $380. I think I’ll take the Reb someplace really nice presuming such a place can be found in Nashville. I may have retired, but my skepticism still works overtime. Now there’s a term I may see outmoded in my lifetime. These are fascinating times to watch as machines finally can outperform humans on all the less skillful tasks. Every workplace revolution in the past displaced workers into other (usually lower skilled) occupations, but this time it is those very occupations that are being taken over.

           This raises the doubtful situation where said workers can only be displaced upwards. (Pardon me, I have to dry my eyes before continuing.) Now anybody who thinks that would be an easy task need only try to buy a newspaper in Georgia or ask directions to a library. Harper’s quotes that 45% of American adults never read books. Even if we build new shopping centers fast enough hire mall cops, that’s scratching the surface. As the Medium Corporation puts it, dumb people are not only a nuisance, they reflect an epidemic in our society infected (spread) by people who control information.
           There is, in my estimation, no power on Earth that could now pull America out of its liberal dumbed-down slide except drastic measures that are politically unacceptable. Just you be careful, because the same has been said of other countries that effectively put a stop to the nonsense. New Zealand comes to mind, then Iceland, and getting there, Australia. And remember who said in a hundred years the world would know he was right. Somebody has to come in and kick the bad people in the heinies. Take a look, it is not the uninformed or the uneducated with the handbasket, it is the government indoctrinated and the gimme gimme left-wingers who want to remold your world to their own liking. Stealing your money to do it.

Picture of the day.
Mosquito heart muscle.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The summer heat is abating enough to get the doggies out in the morning sunlight. Look at that classic sparkle off the windscreen. This would be by most standards the perfect day. The dogs got three walks and everybody’s routine is back to, well, routine. We talked about the houseboat I’d first mentioned, and she wants to take a look although I have no intention of paying retail for such a thing. At $80,000 I can buy something on land and not worry about “mowing the water”.
           After Labor Day can be a depressing time, with all the end of summer and back to school goings-on. So, I suggested we take in a movie and, the two of us being supporters of independents (indies) she chose a film called “Peanut Butter Falcon”. Does saying “film” date me? Do they even use film any more? The movie centers on a mentally handicapped man who flees an institution to become a pro wrestler. I give it a thumbs up because of the novel theme, but overall the scores are not so high. The acting is second tier but still right for the roles. If it goes to video, then definitely worth it. The one exciting scene involves a fishing boat.

Last Laugh