Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, March 14, 2020

March 14, 2020

Yesteryear
One year ago today: March 14, 2019, but the Internet IS plagiarism . . .
Five years ago today: March 14, 2015, noon is still on time.
Nine years ago today: March 14, 2011, it became a cabin in Florida.
Random years ago today: March 14, 2014, cardboard chandelier.

           Wow, there’s spike in my hits. Must be the publication of Martin Shkreli’s mailing address, because this is the blog that dares. Not constantly or every day mind you, but still. For clarity, the reason the man is in jail has nothing to do with the price increase of an obscure drug, which by the way, is not an anti-AIDS treatment. He is jail for the same reason as Al Capone. The system could not catch him on anything else so they used “money laws” to set him up. His real crime was being an outsider.
           The big drug companies price gouge all the time. They were terrified of Shkreli for bringing the whole affair to light. They used the system to villianize the player instead of the game. I think if Shkreli starts now, he’s got a real crack at 2024. The things he needs to put on his ticket are

                      A) consumer privacy laws
                      B) final ban on all telemarketing
                      C) reduction of civil service by 50%
                      D) disbanding of all DMVs
                      E) investigation of welfare fraud
                      F) ID that never “expires”

           How about that couple who bought out all the Lysol wipes and resold them on-line for a $100,000 profit? Nothing illegal about that. The carona virus scams are unstoppable, as is any virus. All the hoopla will not save a single person once the first carrier sneezes in a crowded room. But I would point out to these crybaby liberals that it is not Trump’s job to stop the spread of communicable disease. Demonizing him for “not doing enough” is, as usual, going to backfire on you. Take care of yourself for a change, dammit.
           In other news, Bill Gates has stepped down from MicroSoft. How many goddam times has that been now? And before I forget to mention it, with the SUV that I would need to get to Florida and park, it figures. Not one of the dozens of people who owe me favors can help. They are all to busy, too broke, can't spare the time, have no parking space etc. Of course, I predicted that is how most of them would turn out.

Picture of the day.
Trinity Square private club.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The temperature plunged again, keeping me inside with the pets.So much for getting any work done, I began packing up. The virus scare is messing things up for a lot of people. The Reb is due to return soon and one of the connections is the Sea-Tac. That’s all I need is her stranded at that place. What’s so bad about this time is my medical appointments cannot be postponed. I have to leave and be gone at least two weeks. No matter what the situation, this is the one time I cannot turn around and head back in a day or two. Once again, an example of how mass stupidity doesn’t even need to know your name to screw you around.
           My people out west say the virus is no worse than a bad cold, and statistically fewer people are dying than from regular strains of flu. It’s hard to tell if any news reports are reliable since they make a fortune spreading bad news. And there is no vaccine against the made-in-America disease, the viral press. You can’t even tell them to smarten up and behave without them screaming it into a censorship issue.

           Here’s a photo of JeePee on an art appreciation tour. He was out of the cage a few hours but keep an eye on him. He can find a hidden corner and stay there a week if you can’t find him. Other than that episode it’s been music and I’ve hit the doldrums. A tone of effort for little results, but it is recognizable as a normal phase in the process.
           I sent demos to my inner circle for critiques and some of them are not musicians. So I get a variety of replies, the most serious are from Elliot, who plays guitar. On his suggestion, I’ve taken my vocals down to 85% volume. It’s better alright, but to my ear it sounds to quiet and I find myself just singing louder. I’ll get over it. A secondary problem is my voice at that setting is not loud enough over the microphone when I’m talking. Comedy one-liners are an integral part of my show.

Last Laugh