Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, June 29, 2020

June 29, 2020

Yesteryear
One year ago today: June 29, 2019, tractors & birdfeeders.
Five years ago today: June 29, 2015, most real estate agents suck.
Nine years ago today: June 29, 2011, the next generation of danger.
Random years ago today: June 29, 2016, the termite nest.

           In the feast or famine world of blogging, last month was my slowest in years. And y’day, with only 14 hits, is probably the ten or fifteen year low point. Is there yet another trend in my way? My readership always comes back, but it’s disheartening that many of them are so easily distracted. I remain housebound, so today the project is to see about getting all those sound effects off my keyboard and into my movie-making computer. To do this, I have to rearrange the furniture. Forex trading began late last evening moving to very active markets this morning. On average, I have 14 open trades, too many to process manually or mentally, you trust the software. The charts are acting weird as Facebook stock plunges.
           It seems major advertisers are dumping Facebook. You know what I suspect? The big clients have long been dissatisfied with Facebook’s sordid reputation, but needed some sort of excuse to bow out with grace. They’ve collectively latched on to some anti-Trump cause or similar, using it to bail wholesale and still keep Facebook as an option. Oh, and how do you like that “movement” away from cash because of COVID scares. People are advised to wash their hands after handling cash. It’s a false sense of security for those who are unaware germs can stick around a lot, lot longer living on the surfaces of their plastic credit cards.

           Now for a quirk. The Reb disagrees with my theory that we’ve moved along fast enough with trading that the reason we can’t get answers is because the people there already don’t believe we could possibly need that yet. Make sense? They also have a strong interest in making sure new people don’t plunge in, lose money, and wind up mean-mouthing the organization. I’m not even suggesting any of this exists at their conscious level—only that it is an accurate way to consider the situation.
           What they don’t know is I have money to risk now. That I don’t have to become psychologically trained to resist panic, take losses, or deal with disappointment. Therefore, since they advertise you can trade with “as little as a hundred dollars”, I propose we begin using my old “found money” account. To any newcomers, this is an account established when I was in my twenties to prove that in this life I would find more money blowing in the streets than my parents raised me with. I was right countless times over. The fate of this account was it saved my bacon time after time and was often the catalyst for many of my good times and big purchases of my life—up to 2012.
           That’s when I began saving to buy a house. Most everything that normally would have gone there went into the big pot. The account is dormant, but still exists. I don’t know what is in there, but it is more than $100 for sure. Last week I decided to unpack my Tennessee work clothes suitcase, for instance. I found $62 in the pocket. I have not emptied my coin jar in a year. We operate at a surplus here so we’ll dig into the corners. Let’s see what I can scrounge. Later, in the coin jar I found $92.

Picture of the day.
Custom wallpaper.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I finally got the trailing equity feature set reasonably well and it has been chugging along since Sunday. It has produce 3.737% this week. I attended two meetings after asking our mentor to e-mail me when one is actually in progress. I got a few items cleared up, a snag with Auroria Prime in that they tend to call several things the same name. They love calling things “equity”. One amusing topic was how so many of the people have run a spreadsheet for their future. Funny, not that long ago I had a hard time meeting anyone who knew what a spreadsheet was. But as they say, that was before the Internet came along and made everybody an expert.
           I further noticed the simplistic nature of their projections, ignoring things like taxes, expenses, inflation. And they are candidates for what I mentioned over people having trouble taking large sums of money out of the system. The most the Reb could talk me into re-investing is 50% of any net gain. And better to have several small accounts than one big one.

ADDENDUM
           The University of Exeter has published one of the more obsequious “studies” of the year. What, you never heard of this prestigious university in the ass-end of England? Here’s your prime example of how survey data gets a whole new spin when you hand it to liberals. Study after study produces the same results in the workplace, simply put people will go along with most anything just to be left alone. The contrived issue here is gender bias, we all know the average worker enters the jobsite everyday with nothing else on their mind. Right?
           Well, here-in lies the root of the American agenda. People here have problems of their own and don’t give a twit about other people’s gender issues—which have no place in the work environment. What happens is the libtards shame people into taking sides. If you are pro, you are right, if you are anti, you are not just wrong, but also evil, racist, and Nazi. As time goes by, the weirdo liberals lull themselves into thinking they are changing society. But then along comes a Trump who demonstrates it is okay to be called all these meaningless names by the bunch that comes up with them. And they panic.
           The study simply shows that people don’t care and never did care about sex identity problems at work. They are just no longer putting on a show to make the queers go away. Exeter has “interpreted” this to conclude people are gender biased again because “they no longer think it is an issue”. Um, Exeter, they never did. All you are seeing is, for people who act queer in the workplace, the latest version of social distancing. Bwaaaa-ha-ha-ha.

Last Laugh