Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, July 26, 2020

July 26, 2020

Yesteryear One year ago today: July 26, 2019, he knew my story.
Five years ago today: July 26, 2015, an education in itself.
Nine years ago today: July 26, 2011, remember PAS mosde?
Random years ago today: July 26, 2007, random memories <> thinking.


GOOGLE IS DEAD IN THE WATER WITH THEIR PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO COPY THIS BLOG'S FORMATS. THEY FORGET A LOT OF THIS BLOG WAS DEVELOPED TO CIRCUMVENT THEIR JUVENILE HTML/CSS FIASCO. THE POSTING CALENDAR HAS DISAPPEARED, SO THE BLOGS CANNOT BE PROPERLY ORDERED. BUT THEY'VE GONE FERAL OVER THE "LABELS" BUTTON, LIKE THERE ARE ANY MORONS WHO USE THAT. (I ONCE TRIED, THEY ARE USELESS, AND NOW CANNOT BE DELETED.)
FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE MENTAL MIDGETS AT GOOGLE, I WILL GIVE THE PROPPER HTML SCRIPT FOR A PARAGRAPH - BUT NOT UNTIL TOMORROW.

           Years now I’ve suggested that a replacement Internet has to come along. America has made such a mess of things, that prediction would also include attempts by other countries to splinter or bypass the American system. You keep hearing about China and India but most of it is not so much the Internet (for now) as the huge market for cell phones. It is amusing to see Google and other US tech giants moving piles of cash into these third world area, where a 2G phone is considered a luxury. I know Google is banking on profiling, not product. Four-fifths of their revenues (not profit, careful) comes from advertising, something that has yet to impact most of the world. They may not tolerate it.
           I snigger when I hear that Garmin, the GPS people, have been hit with ransomware. If their security precautions use the same wretched code as their GPS, the hackers must have been giggling and rubbing their hands together. To me, Garmin represents the low point to which C+ code can sink. It took a wonderful idea, GPS, and turned out a software device that probably could not be made any worse than it already is. Imagine, a GPS screen that can’t show where you are going because the screen is plastered with undeletable restaurant icons.

           This is the 32 foot fiberglass ladder. Oops, got pic of 12-foot lumber instead. Use your imagination. It’s somewhat covered and lying on the ground since it is worth over $300, I’m sure I already said that. My intention was to haul it to the back yard. My back and arms said where it I dragged it here is just fine. I wish gas chain saws were not so expensive, it seems that’s one thing that should come down in price.
           I know better than to trust Harbor Freight and I wary of Poulan with their 8” saw that requires a special 7-11/64” blade. I’m trying to recall who sells reconditioned Stihl saws, was it Northern Tools? Rumor has it another stimulus check gets approved in a couple weeks. My last one bought me an excellent work shed, bailed out my scooter, and I still have $334 of it left. C’mon DC, where’s my free shit? It’s my own money so I should get first dibs.

           Still cramped up, I got out to Winter Haven and planned out the week’s Forex trading. I’ll be near the computer most of the trading window, so another week of trailing equity. This is the mode where your software trades as usual until it passes a level set by you. Mine is 5%. Then it “preserves” a set amount, mine is 3%, and trades for what ever it can grab before closing time. It’s risky, last week we closed 1.7% down from peak, but overall were up over 5%. I see how this could be nerve-wracking if you let it. The news is back, two checks in the mail did not arrive at the far end, or by now I’d be trading real dollars. Nothing makes things focus like playing with your own money.
           Bryne is back in the loop, the guy is totally focused on collecting and restoring classic guitars. He can tell you which wires and screws are factory originals and can name the wood used in the body. Like many he is convinced the grade of manufacture is the most important feature of the instrument. I say it is the talent of the person behind it, but I’m just a bass player. An early siesta have me watching the DVD ”District 9”, that weird alien movie based on the looming genocide of the Boer in S. Africa if they don’t arm themselves to the teeth and get out of their vulnerable farms.

           The sick “representative” S, African government has refused to protect the Boer while making it illegal for the farmers to form a militia. And the western press is cooperating by not reporting the massacres of white farm families. Basically, the blacks are killing and torturing. I can’t imagine what they are thinking, but it could be similar to the American fantasy that once whitey is gone, the welfare checks will continue. In better news, silver has surpassed $23 per ounce. Darn tootin’ I’m watching. It’s up over 94% since the virus scare, though not enough to tempt me yet.
           I’m surprised “Distict 9” has not been tagged as hate speech. It is based on dozens of strong parallels and one is that every race will turn on outsiders just as quickly. I’ve seen the movie before but until the BLM rioting started, didn’t give it much thought.

Picture of the day.
Canterbury.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Becca from the west coast is back home from surgery, I’ve offered complete help to do all the chores and shopping. So far, she seems fine. I’m ready to drive over with an hour’s notice. She wants to sell all the stuff in the house and office. Sadly, without major effort, there is little profit in that but it will cause the Florida vultures to swoop in. I will take another look though the sheer amount of things scares me away. That’s the gal whose late husband restored all those antique radios.
           The yard work slows down. Here is a one of three piles of limbs, again waist high. These must be cut an I’m thinking of saving some of it as kindling. It’s been a while since I’ve worked the burning barrel and that was in the winter.
           I’m still working on the latest Google screw-up. I can imagine the low mentality of the people they have assigned to the blog editor. Look, Brandon, those users don’t know what they want. Google has changed the indented paragraph specialty of this blot to make each paragraph a division subject to span controls. This brain-fart is taught in HTML school but I never thought anybody would be retarded enough to use it in blog setting. Since each set of paragraph style tags must be deleted manually, this makes the blog into an impossible chore.

           They are seriously clueless, they have also embedded a centering command in each picture upload. This causes all subsequent text to be centered unless you read through the picture style code and delete it. This is typical of Google’s inability to leave well-enough alone. I’m going to try the backwards approach of embedding the tags on my word processor which is more convenient that trying to get anything done on the “new improved” Google which clutters every screen with such nonsense. They’ve further made it difficult to keep my style of an extra blank line between every second or third paragraph to improve readability.
           Just to make your life that wee bit more difficult, they have also added a second click requirement to the edit page—sometimes. It is standard to insert the cursor at the click point. Now you have to click twice—sometimes. This is the signature of the single-finger typist cohort. They like to look back and forth between the keyboard and monitor after each tap. It occupies them. While they are now being sued in Australia. Google and prostitution prove the lower orders will do anything for money. The rest of the world at least knows when what they are doing is morally wrong.

Last Laugh