Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, July 27, 2020

July 27, 2020

Yesteryear One year ago today: July 27, 2019, $243 a month for nothin’.
Five years ago today: July 27, 2015, that’s Lord Trump to you, CNN.
Nine years ago today: July 27, 2011, ants, everywhere.
Random years ago today: July 27, 2008, Wallace had brains, once.

           Not a good day, stick around anyway. I drove to the south end to set up appointments and wound up doing a little shopping. Goodwill is definitely no longer a cheap place, but still remains somewhat cheap enough for certain items, like a complete set of fake security cameras. I enhance them by running a fake wire as well. The club has a lot of wire and it’s stored here. Do you need any? Got doorbell wire, auto wire, breadboard wire, speaker wire, phone wire. Come on, you must need something. Catch me now, I housebound because my back is still sore. I’ll be here all day.
           If they send me my free money next moth, I may spring for a real security system. The new shed still needs a few days work before I commence the week-long job of clearing out what can go outside and beginning the cleanup of this place. The fans operate daily and over the years, sawdust has worked its way into every corner. Up to now, all rainy day cutting has been done inside the house. That’s a lot of sawdust, chum. Look around for pictures of spools of wire. Take some, it’s free.

           Forex trading is off to a slow, maybe medium start this week. We’ve reached 1.355%. Just you keep aware that could disappear in a nanosecond. I’ve learned to keep around 10 transactions open at a time, a tiny risk of my own capital in the sense that I have more confidence in the software nowadays. There is no chart or report in their system where you can examine all your trades so you can map what made and lost. You get one meaningful number only, your balance at the moment. But not how it got there.
           Is that important? To me, yes and for two reasons. First, output, in this case reports, is one of the few areas of contemporary software that can be determined by supply and demand. Second, that means I’m one of or maybe the only person who wants the information. These add up to a conclusion, that none of the other Auvoria people attach much importance to the report. Then again, I think I’m the only management accountant on the program, so go figure.

           I promise to get outside and check the raised garden. For now, I’m watching a weird DVD about the production of Peter Pan as a play in 1903 or something. There is plenty of testimony about how underlying smart kids are for their age. I counter that by how many of these movies and plays reveal adults are prone to vastly overestimate that factor. At seven years of age, I could pencil in every country in the world on a blank map. But I could not have named them from memory. Movie scripts show a similar trend. This move has a massive disconnect between what children know and the resources needed for them to do what is depicted.
           Having said that, I don’t care for movies that depict otherwise, it’s a plot I find sour. But the movie is a period piece with okay acting and scenery. If you like that sort of thing, myself I don’t care to see extra footage of how the movie was made, or the actors revealing how dull they are in real life. I like an element of fantasy in my movies heroes, but not too much fantasy in the story line. I feel l’m stuck watching it now that the “other woman” so obviously has tuberculosis and somebody has said the word “Tinkerbell”. You've got it by now, but I'm not paying full attention.

           I had to stop for gas when a van-load of teenage women showed up in skimpy tops and shorts. Every man in a forty food radius stopped on the spot. I looked and it was nice, but folks, the American diet has done something evil. Nice as the scenery was, there was not a perfect 10 in the lot. Maybe they were cheerleaders but they already had the signs of decline. I hate to say it, but at that age, a millimeter of fat on the thighs or around the waist or the slightest sag where there should not be is a sure and early sign of look out below. Sure, I’m judging by looks, I’m not the one wearing clingy nylon shorts at the gas station and, importantly, I’m also judging by experience. These gals were nowhere near 22 but were heading there fast.
           I could have said 26, but that is where silver is heading. Ha! It was $24.25 when I checked near suppertime. What’s my dream goal? Why, $330 per ounce. That could really redistribute a pile global income. Come on, carona! If that Geraldo freak can completely wake up and change, so can this second cousin metal. Hit $330, just once, and I’ll never point out how ugly Pelosi is again. They say you are not supposed to judge a candidate by their skin color, or gender—but it don’t say nothing about pug ugly. Double ha!

Picture of the day.
East Iceland.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           It’s a situation, every day now by the time I feel limber enough, the rain starts. Great study time, but my chosen window to the outside work, live radio, plunked me in central Florida. I’m busy enough, but one can only play bass and read so many hours a day. You know what I ponder about the two Shania Twain tunes I just added? Why, because I’ll never have the opportunity to play that material on stage, which is what my entire act is geared to. What if I’d stayed with piano, or never sold that guitar to Eddie from the lumberyard? But don’t think on it too long, I tell myself.
           Because when I started music lessons, I was already ten years old, hardly a prodigy. And it was piano simply because if I wanted music, there was no other choice. If anybody played anything else in town, I never heard of it and there were no bands within 50 miles. I recall my thinking at the time and on one count I was right. That I was not like the rest of my family. None of them ever fully grasped that I wanted lessons or that I practiced every day. This also meant they never attached any value to it which added to the struggle. I could wonder what direction things could have gone had not a university education taken on such crucial importance as the vehicle out of that situation. But that part is history.

           I won’t go outside, but I can see what’s in the yard. The squirrels have defeated by bird feeder experiment. If the wire is opened enough to admit a bird, which cannot squeeze much, the squirrels can muscle their way through. So we move to the next stage. A pole of some sort they cannot climb. I saw an ingenious system where the pole was inside a slinky toy. The squirrels could not get past and it seems a good idea compared to grease on the pole which gets dirty and must be regularly replaced. I may expand the feeders to the back yard, which is an even better environment.
           Here’s a delicious photo of my radishes, batch one. I’m pleased with the rapid progress but can you see how that growth is quite uneven. Other than maybe greenhouse conditions, these plants from the same seeds have had identical conditions throughout. The largest are four times the size of the smallest, and the weaklings were culled when they were an inch tall.

           The late afternoon cooled enough to take the chainsaw to that pumpkin tree that has been shading my radishes. I had to take it down in sections, that winded me. I have to leave the pieces for later retrieval. This took until near dark, which reminded me that shed lighting is a priority over receptacles. I have plenty of extension cords for now, but no light. Shown here is a connection done right. A 20-amp switch tapped into a duplex receptacle with the regulation pigtails. I meant to finish the roofing over the bench area, how Florida that the only part of the shed that leaks is directly over that spot. Squelch that idea when the sun went down before it dried out enough to get up there. This switch is one of two that will control two strings of four lights each. The plan is for 100W bulbs. The three 150s in the other sheds generate too much spot heat.
           The neighbor was over again, the avocado tree he was going to give me died. He has another but says wait a few days. He outright said he hoped I did not wall in the shed on his side. I was ready and showed how I did need an enclosed work area, but had left a four-foot gap facing the shaded area of his yard. My goal is to create a safe and dry set of shelves along the north wall to get thing out of the house, particularly the kitchen, that don’t need to be there. You know how junk accumulates.

ADDENDUM
           Told you, finally some small business owners have realized how much they have in common. A Seattle group are suing the city. Keep an eye on that outcome. Trump has won the propaganda war hands down. The leftist media has become a joke. Bravo, Trump. That’s what he meant when he said he was not responsible—for the damage the Democrat left & their media cause, he was not even talking about the virus. And the radical left has fully cooperated in hanging themselves. It’s been fun to watch because I don’t view liberalism as a political movement. It is a mental disorder.
           Thus, I’m not contradicting a thing by saying that while the courthouses and federal buildings under attack should be protected. But that does not extend to what the property represents. People have every good reason to hate the federal system in their power grab and gross overreach. Most Americans are fed up with federal interference reaching into every area of their lives. Thus, while the buildings should be protected, the feds should realize they have instigated every molecule of any hatred upon themselves. Protecting those buildings is protecting a system that has lost touch with the people it is supposed to serve. You done been told.
           Before continuing, here is a closeup of what I think is an onion sprig. If so, there are two of them in this picture. I’m going to devise a better way to plant seeds are the identical depth. Only half my beets have taken off.

           This election could be for the soul of this country. The Democrats with their record of disasters are playing every card in their deck. All it is doing is revealing how treacherous they are. Every stunt they’ve pulled has boomeranged on their asses. There may be some good ones but where? The narratives I’ve heard don’t jive with the big picture, which is the chaos is being both caused and supported by left-wing ideologists. Marxist tactics work on countries with a ruling elite, but not so well when there is a large and fully-armed citizenry.
           The clincher today, I only heard about it, is the media pulled the newsfeed with their puppet Biden botched another debate or something. As Tucker (a news commentator) says, half of what these people say is false and the other half they don’t fully understand. I contend Trump will landslide the election with a majority everywhere it counts, locally and nationally—and the Democrats will attempt every form of voter fraud they can imagine except this time they will be caught at it. There is something else. While Democrats are all alike, there are Republicans of every stripe. And the incumbents of the wrong stripe could be replaced this time. I’d like to see it.
           And here’s a parting thought. To all you foreigners who hate the USA, I have a question. If we are so bad, why are most of the people around you desperate to get across our borders? If you had an answer, I didn’t hear it, I was busy confirming at my closing time today, my Forex trading account was up 2.066% in 24 hours.

Last Laugh