Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, November 20, 2020

November 20, 2020

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 20, 2019, it’s that look.
Five years ago today: November 20, 2015, who really mines caladium.
Nine years ago today: November 20, 2011, 9, down from 25.
Random years ago today: November 20, 2002, routine “calendar post” of the era.

           Dang, I missed the deal on that fantastic cherry flooring. I stopped in there after taking a half day off to pay bills. Anybody who thinks they really own anything in America should try stop paying the taxes for a year. How about those Dominion voting machine people? They are packing up office gear out the back door and ducked the searchlight. What Americans don’t understand is who has the power to certify the votes when so many voters don’t want that to happen. Biden vote counts are under fire in five states. The MSM is cheering that how a major election fraud charge was dropped in Michigan but forgot to mention it was Trump who dropped that case because the Democrats caved in.
           I’d like to take time to watch the drama because I love it when liberals squirm. What they’ve done is a disgrace and it looks like they’ve been caught. The voting fraud now looks like it took place in ten cities, all known corrupt hotbeds with a history of their mayors going to prison. And how about that Georgia mess, with a second memory card full of Trump votes being found. My question is how come 100% of these investigations are finding problems only with the Democrat votes. How can swing states proceed with certification when they are being investigated?

           I share my garbage can with the neighbor, since between us we never fill the thing up. Turns out, one of the guys is a pipe layer. I never thought of that as a trade but he studied for two years. Underground water pipes and such, I mean. My property taxes went up by $72. I don’t recall hearing or seeing any notice of the hike, nor any public meetings being held. Then again, I’m not here all the time. My concern is that I’m being taxed to support failing businesses or causes. My hope is to be left alone to work in my nice new shed and find out why my scooter would not start. It cranks, but won’t fire, let’s hope it’s just flooded.
           This yellow box is the eyeglass recycling drop at the Factory. I don’t like them for reasons. This could explain why we get so damn little mail from color-blind people. It’s one of the catchy type pictures I’m thinking to put up for sale. And as a warning, I’m finding a few things wrong with the ascendant Newsmax.com service. Something just ain’t quite right about it and the bad vibe just will not go away. And in a stroke of unbelievable good luck, I found a brand new in the box adapter that powers old IDE drives directly into a USB port. I may recover some ancient photos for this blog yet.

           Time to peek in on my old five-piece. Yep, still managing two whole gigs per year. They have more demos uploaded. It’s the same old, if the fifties roll around again they’ll be fine. It would have been different if the constant rehearsals had been any kind of fun.

Picture of the day.
Pariament building, Zimbabwe.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Here is a scan of the IDE to USB device. It includes a power supply to the old model drives, of which I still have around twenty. It’s always a hassle to have to rig up the plugs and cables. I have a supply of dongles that will expedite matters enough that I may actually find time to see what I’ve still got. Dozens of my older files were created with Win98 and WinXP. I never bothered with the garbage that came out between those two issues. I have two of those plug in slot adapters but the IDE versions are unreliable, of then showing drives as blank or unreadable when they are full.
           This pictures shows only the adapter, it’s what’s included in the box that eases my chores. It is an wall-wart power transformer that you cannot get anywhere else, certainly not the complete kit for $4.00. If it works as well as expected, I see a custom built wooden box for it in the near future. Those old hard drives contain a massive amount of material but I lack themotivation to begin going through them using ribbon cables.

           Now I would like to share something with you that causes me to believe the accusations made against the Democrats and their rigged Dominion voting machines. I never followed politics until Trump came along, but I have followed computer code all my life. I can tell instantly when somebody talks computers whether they know their stuff or not. Naturally, it thus surprises me immensely when a no-tech person gets things beyond their comprehension faultlessly right. That is what I’m hearing from those who describe the problems with the Dominion machines.
           My background on how this fraud works goes back a long ways. Back in the late 1980s I was hired by a company to program into their then-new computer system a variety of ways to short-change their salespeople on commission. You can judge for yourself how ethical that was, but remember, at that time in my life I was being shortchanged by the entire system. What’s more, I changed and the system still hasn’t. When good men are held back by the system, you can expect them to do what is necessary to beat it. I won’t moralize beyond that, I was paid good money to create formulas that I knew were to be used for specific purposes. My logic at the time was that I was just a beginner, and such formulas would never have fooled me for a second. If they fool salesmen, what does that tell you? Are we clear?

           For those following the election fraud proceedings, what I did in the 1980s will sound familiar. I calibrated the machine so that figures entered by the salesmen could be weighted. Expenses were given less weight and markups on certain goods were given more. Some figures were changed after the final user entries. The printouts were intentionally complicated but plied to make sure every total was good in case somebody with a calculator but no programming skills decided to cross-check. There were plenty of truncated decimals, enough to underpay the commissioned employees up to but not over the suspicion point.
           So you bet I recognize these Trump lawyers have uncovered the right things. They are just terrible at presenting it effectively—but they’ll get their chance if it goes to court. My point is, nothing they describe is computer conjecture, they are bang on about what has happened even if they don’t seem sure how it was done. What amazes me is that such a vulnerable system could ever have made it into any US election. Anybody with the slightest programming knowledge would catch the fraud in a wink.
           Funny, I was in Venezuela when the software was being developed and probably had more experience than those who did it. My life is full of such missed opportunities and events, for instance, if I had been following Enron, I would have caught the bastards the first week. I would have spotted it was taking too long between the deductions on my paycheck and their appearance in the pension plan statements. For now I’m saying that, in their own ways, these election fraud lawyers have unknowingly or otherwise peeled the lid off this sort of computer chicanery. And, based on my lifetime of reading code as a hobby, they cannot possibly have made it all up or I would have caught any slip.

ADDENDUM
           Some news out of France, the de facto symbol of continental European liberalism. Their leadeer has called out the Muslims. No more politics, you guys either adopt the French ways or suffer consequences. He’s given them a deadline to renounce Islamic interference in politics and end foreign influences on French policies. Too little too late, but he surprised the hell out of the globalists by growing a pair, at least on paper. You see, his threat is they sign or be declared “enemies of the state”. And they’re like, dude, tell us something we don’t know. Um, the guy is up for re-election.
           What happens to enemies of the state? I can’t find any details, but other European nations have had some truly effective policies on dealing with such people. Something funny is going on. He’s nuts to think getting the Islamists to sign a paper means anything. Those people burn down libraries. When he starts deporting then I’ll take him serious.

           The shutdowns continue with some governor proposing a $25,000 fine for anyone who advocates defying the shutdown. That gymnasium owner is being fined $15,000 per day. It’s a power grab, since governors traditionally had very little power. One advantage I see is that the majority of small businesses that folded were using the flawed credit-based model. If an improvement comes out of all this, it might just be the smarter operators revert to good old cash. In which case, the leftists have thwarted their own drive toward a cashless and entirely controlled economy.
           That crazy Democrat money distribution idea is again making the rounds, but it’s just scaring more of the people who would have to pay for it. Hey, if tuition goes free, I’d jump back into school. But otherwise, giving people money does not work. Look at what we’ve already given to welfare and ethnics with zero return. They don’t know how to handle money and proven they are unwilling to learn. Plus I’ve seen it so often I consider financial irresponsibility the norm. Or as I like to put it, give me and the next guy each ten thousand dollars and you will see to polar opposite outcomes.

Last Laugh