Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

February 17, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: February 17, 2020, the Irish Police.
Five years ago today: February 17, 2016, “pending” , my eye.
Nine years ago today: February 17, 2012, the unforeseen was not barred.
Random years ago today: February 17, 2010, from $1M to $77K

           I passed another battery of medical tests at the clinic with full honors. The only better news would be that my now perfectly corrected cholesterol levels will stay permanently. This is not likely seven years into the program. I’m a fixture around there now. We may be the only two original members of the study, but they do have other subjects with no opioids. And finally, this check was down to the original level. What I’ll never understand is where they found other people in Florida with no illegal drugs in their systems.
           This unclear photo show the MetroMover el along Dixie Highway. Somebody cam up with the idea of painting the domino numbers on the pylons. Since the shutdown hoax, the train is free. Interesting what would happen if Florida had earthquakes. The medical bills ate that paycheck, but aren’t I supposed to have insurance? I do, but remember Obama’s list of lies? On top was the big one, you can keep your doctor. And it’s true, as long as you pay for the treatments that Obama won’t.

           Two hours on the phone got nowhere with the health insurance people. They are hired, I suspect, to be clueless about the system Last November when spent all that time switching to the new facility, the insurance people failed to mention they had split several payments into separate categories, assigned me a new primary care physician (way in the hell out in Weston), and the best way to find out if they pay for a given procedure remains to have it done and see if they send you the bill.
           My goal this trip was to have my prescriptions renewed. Turns out the new physician only does virtual. They don’t tell you this until you drive 16 miles through the city and find parking. Now, one thing you don’t hand me is the concept that because it is new it is a must-have. Bottom line, virtual doctor visits must have a camera, a still picture will not do. There is no way I have going to discuss medical anything about my person with a doctor I’ve never met with a recording device in the room. Yes, they record these things.

           So the runaround began. You can’t get a Rx renewal without an appointment, which you can’t get without a telephone number. See how they force this on you? Ah, and no virtual appointments without a credit card. This is what American medical offices have sunk to, by and large. Every step of getting an appointment involves them angling matters so that if anything goes wrong, even if it is their fault, you’re on the hook.
           Having enough of this in my life already, I drove back to the office I want. I asked how much the appointment was if I paid for it myself. She said $175, which I peeled off a bankroll and asked when. Tomorrow at 11:00AM. What’s the bloggable part? Well, to you and I it makes sense. It costs money to drive out to Weston and there are no rules that say this nonsense has to stop. Well! From the reaction of the room, this must be something that never happened before.
           Even my doctor half-apologized that I had to pay, I assured her she was worth it. We can agree it worked. I have the pills in my cabinet to prove that. One of the pills is Lisinopril, which I can be very sensitive, a side effect not listed. I get a prickly tightness across the back of my upper neck and it gives my coffee a slight lemony taste. Enough to be annoying,

Picture of the day.
Porshe torsion bars.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Here’s one of Florida’s most famous teeth, or it will be once it gets the average 691-695 views. Yep, she’s broken. Clean across the middle. The upper part is the root, still embedded in the gum and jaw, which will cost who knows what to be removed next week. For all this looks, there is no pain, the part that broke has no nerves. Strange, in this era of crazy glue and laser welding that dentist cannot repair this sort of boo-boo.
           I visited with Fred for an hour, he’s no longer riding his motorcycle. There’s another circle about to end, we are the only two left from the crew and steady customers at the computer shop. We stayed open at a breakeven level the last 16 months (I think) just to have the place. He plays a mean accordion, we watched some videos from the 80, he had the sideburns and leather vest.

           Next stop was Agent M’s, who has a Saab car for sale. It’s got some paint damage, but just had $4,000 worth of work done. A four-cylinder turbo, so not for me.. We loaded up the club welder and a Viking trunk of tools he can’t use any more. There’s Mikita circular saw and an orbital sander. I’ll keep them because you watch, he’ll need them back. But not that Viking, this is an extreme high quality armored case. That solves my music pedal and transformer transportation problem.
           Yep, this prescription went right to my neck, I’ll have to get you any pictures of this another day. I stopped at the old club for an hour, chatted up all the pretty women, talked to a few of the old timers, but not Rick the Plumber. Turns out he did move to Pompano Beach.

Last Laugh