Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August 4, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 4, 2020, the Jimmy Olsen model.
Five years ago today: August 4, 2016, Thirty-five dollars!
Nine years ago today: August 4, 2012, Made in Russia.
Random years ago today: August 4, 2005, my first rental station.

           Darn rights you get poltics today because I woke up with news blaring from overseas and not a peep in the US fake media It took me a bit to find out what was going on. Part of the delay was these special interest activists have begun to post their relatively nothing views on sites that are general focused on the big issues of election fraud, Trump, and vaccine backlash. Suddenly you get ten posts about some jerkoff losing his job. But it gets rankings because there are no shortage of idiots in the same boat. See addendum.
           Meanwhile, let’s give a Bronx cheer to all those people with nothing to hide. Like the ones who even looked at sites that Facebook deems to be misinformation have had their accounts cancelled. Each such event brings it closer and closer to those who blindly supported censorship. Gee, not so funny when the searchlight starts swinging your way, is it you left-winger? Don’t look at me, Facebook cannot cancel my account. Instead, look at this super neat photo of my new wood clamps holding the shed door together while i get some fasteners in place. Back to the news.

           Here’s the kerfuffle, molehill that has become a mountain. Big media will have to move fast to bury this one. It seems up in Ohio, a relative unknown with little going for him except Trump’s endorsement ran up against an entire slate of top tier pro-Democrat-leftist candidates. The mainstream media chose this contest to be the once and for all demonstration that Trump’s endorsement was worthless, They went so far as to say the new guy could not possibly win and they had their minions of paid pollsters to prove it.
           I have no numbers, but the complete news blackout by the fake media pretty much seals it. It sounds like a landslide, what say you? Why is this a landmark? Because big media angled matters to use this election as absolute proof that Trump endorsements in the upcoming mid-terms mean nothing. I’ve said from the beginning, those endorsements will be everything, allowing Trump to govern without being president.
           Yet another independent audit has shown statistical fraud. What a pity more Americans don’t understand statistics. They show Biden with 8.3 million more votes than reasonaboy possible. Remember the media has a double standard for proof. They will always demand more proof that exists, but when they want something, mere suspicion is enough.

           I’ve been reading a book about the final bombing runs into Japan during the Second World War. A bit of an expose, I’m not surprised at the degree to which things went wrong and how close things came to disaster many times. By late in the war, we’d like to think certain problems had been ironed out. Things like planes that are supposed to join up flaying at the same altitude, or that critical wiring on an atomic bomb being designed so the cables won’t fit in the wrong sockets. Nor have I been a fan of Douglas MacArthur, whom I view on a par with England’s Montgomery. That given such massive overwhelming strength, it is appalling how little they accomplished. Say what you want, bowling over the enemy twenty to one is not the same thing as winning by superior military means.
           “Killing the Rising Sun” does a good job of portraying incompetence on both sides. Americans making idiotic decisions based on flimsy premises like who went to school together and then the Japanese near-brutes who thought they could actually win after the bombing raids began. As far as learning from mistakes, both their own and the enemy’s, there is one lesson everybody got from that war—that propaganda works on stupid people. Some say it was the primary output from that conflict, now carried to a fever pitch by every military and every press corps since.

Picture of the day.
English rapeseed field.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Nope, I can’t find much on that Ohio election. But I see there is an increase in leftists suddenly reversing positions. This ruse will not save them. The governor in Missouri pardons the couple who defended their home, the officials in Georgia now okay with voter ID. Somebody tell these commies it is too little too late. They abused their power as long as they thought they could get away with it. And now they want to pretend they are suddenly tuned to the public outcries? They could let out the January 6 people by now and they will still be in it up to their necks.
           Here’s the shed with the trim painted. Not a bad color match of $2.50. The doors are now largely fastened with screws rather than staples. For unknown reasons my energy shut down shortly after I arrived here, so this shed is most of what’s happened. Did I mention the Reb & I leveled the thing using a plank and an old tire rim? Yeah, and for the first time in my life, I pulled a muscle badly enough to skip a day of doggie walks.

           Planning, however, proceeds full blast. I am able to contribute enough hard money on a regular basis to take on more than we have been. Folks, that is the difference made by having a partner you can really trust—even if it takes a lifetime to get there. I think the new doggie is a solid pal now, here’s what happened. This morning swung open the fridge and heard what I thought was a fridge magnet hit the floor. I could not see it, so left it for later. Ha, too much later. The Reb goes in the kitchen around noon and finds Chookies happily licking up the last of a quarter pound of my special breakfast Irish double cream butter. I hope he knows how much that costs. And quit laughing back there.

ADDENDUM
           You can guess my stance on people who stand to lose their jobs if they don’t vaccinate. Listen closely, I do not empathize with liberals. I identify with somebody who, despite his best efforts in the past, faces such a decision. The tone of his post will NOT be the “poor me” and “why me” blocking the real headlines. As I pointed out, it is not the “conspiracy theorists” losing their jobs because they saw this coming. And they were powerless to stop it because they were outnumbered by the complacent masses who supported what’s going on today because they did not oppose it. Sounds harsh? It is, allow me to explain.
           Sure, I could just point and chuckle, but to me, anybody who claims they are “surprised” by what is happening has been part of the problem all along. Sitting there, collecting a paycheck and thinking as long as they side with the cutesy politically correct majority, they can skim by and keep their little cocoon together. Why, it was those people who were opposing things that were causing all the trouble. Why can’t we all just get along.

           That crap does not fly with me. I know the tone and character of these people and I only have to be right 51% of the time. These people losing their union and government and hospital and civil service jobs deserve what they get. I would not care if they all got canned wholesale and tried to collect on the useless welfare system they’ve been ignoring for decades, thinking it would be their safety net. The more of these types that get wiped out, the better the world is for the people who are net contributors.
           And I can even specify why I think this way and why reasoning won’t change things. Because when I was young and inexperienced and these people had the upper hand, I will never forget how they tried their damndest to tax me to death. How they mercilessly lopped off desperately needed dollars to play Good Samaritans claiming microwaves and color televisions were “necessities” for people who did not work. (Hint, the same people are now saying the Internet is a necessity for welfare cases.) I say turn welfare over to the churches or start taxing the churches. Enough is enough.

Last Laugh