Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, August 5, 2021

August 5, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 5, 2020, rock samples.
Five years ago today: August 5, 2016, boring Clewiston.
Nine years ago today: August 5, 2012, good-looking helps . . .
Random years ago today: August 5, 2014, I was exhausted.

           Pets in America. This morning the smaller cat, Lilli, was listless Most unusual but no lead up to it and no other signs in advance. Off to the vet and just in time. No word on the exact condition but it was surgery and now the poor little gal is in isolation. Put another way, she is in a cage and thinks she is being punished. She eventually settled down but the critical period is a full three days. I repeat, no symptoms in advance. Thus, here is the only morning picture I have for you, the sun shining through the door glass.
           If you want some hard figures on the vet bills, the operation today was $721. This is right on the heels of the new doggie and a recent declaw which came to $620. Sparkie’s been gone a while now but the last bill of his final treatment was paid off just last month. When I report these pets get the best we can afford, I don’t just mean food and shelter. Lilli is resting now but they removed what appeared to be a tenth of her body weight. Lilli was found as an abandoned kitten in the ditch a quarter mile from here.

           The lawn swing is no more. I was clear from the word go that once the fancy cut parts gave out, I don’t have the gear or savvy to make replacements. I’m surprised in a way that it lasted this long. We havet to leave the stand up because that’s where I put the new house number. We have not had a wrong delivery since so that stays. Ours is the only number that can be seen from the main road before the turn so we are not the only ones who like the arrangement.
           We’ve been easing the dogs into getting walked by two people and once again the small dog becomes the instigator. He knows he’s got backup again so no squirrel, cat, or bird gets any peace and quiet whie he’s on the prowl. He gets the big dog fired up and then plays innocent. Sadly, I must say the big dog gets spooked by a lot and I don’t know if that can be trained away. She says yes, I say maybe.

           In political observations, the protests in Australia are numbering in the upper hundred thousands. Biden is a sad humiliation to himself and America, the lockdown mandates are slated to return just before the mid-term elections (so the Democrats can do the mail-in fraud sequence again), and why doesn’t somebody put that ugly Fauci prick out of his misery? Recall his medical degree if he actually has one. It would not be quite so embarrassing if he was even a partly good liar.
           The Tesla electric car is another joke. There is just no way existing battery technology can be tweaked into the realm of practical automobile power. Unless there is a breakthrough, which I have already said must happen through nanotechnology, the rest of the car is bunk. And that is highly combustible bunk, as five recent fires have shown. The cars do not like being charged more that 80% of their rated capacity. Tesla downplays the issue, saying the cars are “less likely” to catch fire than regular vehicles. Yeah, by a head count maybe.
           Folks, these electric cars have been around a hundred years and they cannot be made to work without a new generation of batteries. The current impetus should be obvious. The government already controls your computer, your house, you bank account, your phone, your kids, and your media. If you can’t see what is coming, then iyou deserve whatever you get. A ten-minute read is all it takes to understand the lure of tracking your automobile usage to any sinister party. Well, I got news for you. Tracking is only one thing they desperately want to do to your car. The billions spent so far are not on a safe vehicle, but on the software environment. Wake up and smell the coffee.

           And you are only getting this picture temporarily. Um, but that's because it is a link and those things usually only last as long as on-line dating relationships.

Picture of the day.
Somewhere in Malta.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I drove up to Greenbrier, roughly 25 miles. There’s a no tech guy up there but he is a whiz at refurbishing computers. I had it with Google and Amazon gumming my work unit up so now I’ll have a dedicated work station. Firefox is not innocent either, the way it defaults to opening as many as eight copies of itself. Don’t believe me? Expand your task manager. You can disable this and I direct you to the Internet, I’m too lazy to tell you the easy way.
           I took this picture with my phone, it is about the anniversary coincidence this week. If you are new here, these are a strange phenomenon in this blog. I’ll cover something then discover during the posting process that on some same date in the past, almost the exact same events too place I think some will always say that because of the way things go, these could be caused by some subconcious link, so I thought to go a bit deeper into how this one took place. There is no possibility of a psychological effect. The only common factor is the two puzzle pieces.

           Here’s what happened. I was due at the recycle on Old Hickory an hour earlier. The day’s blog had not been written yet. When I got there late, only one other vehicle was in the compound. It was this rather odd-looing lady with oragne hair in a bowl cut. As I was finishing the cardboard she suddenly starts waving me over and pointing at the ground. I walked to the spot and there was this single puzzle tile, she said that was the missing last piece that broke some kid’s heart.
           Now, no matter how you approach this, I had utterly absolutely no control or influence on the situation. It was a random lady in a random location. It was only much later the next day when I posted the blog that I made the third random factor—which year did I pick for the header. When you add these up, there is no reasonable explanation except pure coincidence. And I’m saying these things happen often enough that they have their own label in this blog: “anniversary coincidence”.

Last Laugh