Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, August 9, 2021

August 9, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 9, 2020, a dream come true.
Five years ago today: August 9, 2016, that elusive woodpecker.
Nine years ago today: August 9, 2012, High Springs, Florida
Random years ago today: August 9, 2014, mouth-breathing historian.

           Yeah crap, I can’t get the pubishing tutorials underway, I need pirated software from home. It’s downloadable, but ain’t nobody that stupid around here. Turns out the operating system is also a copy. Am I the pirate? Nope, I’m not the one who copied anything, I have no privity of contract with MicroSoft, and for all I know, my installation is the original. I can confirm from last day, do NOT download any programs (they are programs, not apps) from Win XP unless you can find the original unadultered XP versions. And you can’t, really. Stay away from Win Movie Maker, everything out there available is dangerous to your computer, privacy, and bank acount.
           For dog lovers, here is your classic of the day. That’s what you call a mammoth mouth and the picture of contentment. Stand back, he doesn’t slobber but he’s got butter-breath. This is the maw that ate the slab of Irish butter that hit the floor last week. He turned his nose up at all else for the next day. Ha-ha, no chance big guy.

           And in six weeks he’s gone from car-shy to piles in there and won’t leave. He’s learned at more than half the Reb’s weight, she can’t pick him up once he’s lodged inside the back seat of her car. So it was when she drove me to the shop to get my new windshield today, and have the guy look at my A/C, though that part if iffy. I want it done closer to home so if there’s a problem I can take it back. That A/C has not been the friendliest, wallet-wise.
           With time to think about the Disney movie, "Jungle Cruise", I've changed my recommendation. Wait for the DVD as I'll be surprised if this release accomplishes much more than living off Disney's long-term reputation. Even the impled chemistry between the stars doesn't really kick in until you have grown weary of waiting for it. Admission for two (I get a discount) was $23 and some popcorn took the total to $31. Quite frankly, I would rather have spent the bucks on a good dinner. Yes, the movie was enjoyable, but it would have been equally so at half the price we paid.

Picture of the day.
1936 Ford Phaeton.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The Tennessee lawn swing. Agreed, it is history. Closer exam shows it beyond fixing, but we had many a great time with the pets in the yard, it is not totally junk maybe yet. I'm salvaging the hardware. A few hours after starting this project, the humidity soared to Florida levels, leaving me exhausted.
           By the time the Reb got home, we were too tired to cook, so we drove half-way into Nashville and dined at the veggie place, "Sunflower", I think. It's around the best you can do for this type of food and they serve real coffee if you ask for it. She was concerned about the latest Tennessee executive order, where the governor has authorized detention camps claiming it assists hospitals. Yeah, then why is he calling for the National Guard to enforce the detentions. And why is the National Guard obeying when they are sworn to uphold the Constitution, not obey any given government bozo?

           The hot August weather has returned. There is too much that won't get done this trip as I don't have air-conditioned sheds in this part of the world. If it doesn't happen in the next few days, I'm all for returning here in the fall when things get temperate. Plus, I've found it difficult to work the publishing lessons on the new computer as well as scheduling is always more challenging when you have others in the picture. One again, I'm surprised how little the bestsellers list changed in the past four weeks. I thought these days it could upset itself on an hourly basis.
           No videos or gifs for now. I tried to download my familiar editing apps to discover all the versions on-line have become millennial-ware. Ads, gimmicks, fake versions, spyware, trial periods, and generally a lot of junk & shit you did not ask for. It's how these people think and live, you know. I've never in my life before seen such a sub-class of shifty operators whose entire business philosophy rests on small-scale con jobs. And, never having lived overseas, and sorely lacking the brainpower to comprehend history, they think they invented it.

ADDENDUM
           Next item is the Arizona audit again. That slowpoke operation has dragged on too long and the results will be simple. Either the Biden bunch cheated or they didn't, it's not rocket salad. The laugh is a RINO over there called, of all things, Bill Gates. He maintains the ridiculous, that turning over the routers would give somebody access to how the country information systems are set up, as if they don't know already. (I'll bet you $50 it is an ordinary SQL database, no encryption.) But he is such a dunce, he doesn't know that routers don't store data, rather only usage logs. And that he is blindly and stupidly admitting to a felony. It is illegal to store voting information along with other data.
           I still do not understand why there is no single database one can go to and find the voting history and alignment of every politician on the slate. Let me rephrase that. While it can be done by scanning individual states and candidates, I want to see a single list that categorizes every one of them as to their suitability, adherence to Republican or Democrat principles, and these days, their allegiance for or against Trump--there is no middle ground. Here is a sample of a Fulton Country ballot changed from Trump to Biden.

Last Laugh