Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 19, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: February 19, 2021, Aussies mass-delete FB profiles.
Five years ago today: February 19, 2017, early renovation work.
Nine years ago today: February 19, 2013, she played the gender card.
Random years ago today: February 19, 2014, the new tin & plastic Camero.

           Yes, the band leader quit this morning. Goodbye latest group, he felt the clubs were not burning up the phone lines for us, but that’s hardly a big deal these days. The trick is to form a duo that can make money on the $300 budget the local clubs pay any more. Or stick to holiday weekends, I’ve done both. The good news is we aren’t in Canada, that friendly neighbor to the north. Where the police on giant horses trample old ladies to death and arrest women and old men. Meanwhile, I’m looking for a band again. Got to get my priorities straight. (Later, the lady survived, but Trudeau will wish she had not—she is a native Indian clan leader. He’s in for some real shit now.)
           The phone system finally got me, they are canceling my non-chipped 2003 cell phone some time this month. They signed a contract they would not do that, and there was once a law about backward-compatibility. Now, if you want phone service, your old devices won’t work and they don’t have to replace them. I get zapped for an $85 phone with a chip, but we shall see if I can find a workaround. The days are closing on when I will never again accept incoming calls. Once again, I’m ahead of the pack, because I will still get calls. And you will never rid me of the lingering suspicion the true reason they changed the entire network was so they could spy on interesting people like me. Ha, or was I just checking to see if you caught that?
           To those who know how often I've been right, try this one. The 5G network is not primarily a phone system. It is a tracking device. The next generation will have a phone number assigned to them at birth, which must be biometrically renewed each month on their birthdate. Or else. How do I know this? Two ways, I often read code, not for it's declared use, but for it's capability. And real programmers know coders are evil and will do anything for money.

           I measured out three sets of water taps, or more technically, hose bibs. The back yard tap leaks and sprays and generally makes a mess. I have the two taps for the pending washer, and a third tap that comes out of the tree. I’m tempted to make a fourth run over to near the incinerator instead of running a hose over whenever. I pay $10 per hour if you want to give me a hand with this.
           For lack of a better photo, this is a freshly oiled bedpost finial, which a variously put aroune the back yard as fencepost finials to seal the top surfaces a big. Let me guess, you figured out this was a nice warm day. Except for those who don’t belong reading this blog, I mean. Sure, I’m darn particular, this blog would never get invited to an Opie convention.

Picture of the day.
German D-Day War Memorial.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The hectic few days past caught up with me, I had to take the day off. That means I worked a bit in the shed but mostly vegetated. Hey, one day a year, I’m allowed. And it dawned on me where I knew that drummer from. I did jam with the guy in Kissimmee because he was playing guitar and was so bad at it. I jammed with the next act. Yep, he’s the dodo who runs his ad incessantly claiming to be multi-talented. And, by his standards, he is, but you would not want to compare his talent to anybody who really can play those instruments. He got $100 out of us, but that’s not likely to ever happen again unless desperation strikes, he really was that bad.
           Thought I’d relax by watching on-line documentaries but the millennial standards have sunk so low it isn’t work even trying. Even the documentary about Russian nuclear subs was mostly XYZ-ers complaining about the cold. Tyler, if you can’t take 40 below, don’t go to Murmansk in January. But don’t take that to head for Florida, as this nice picture shows. It turned out to be a warm and sunny afternoon, but we don’t want you here, either.

           I closed a set of books for the days before the payment system with Tennessee was set up, and yessir, it was a complicated situation until I stepped up to the plate. I could only make mail-in deposits, which sometimes took twenty days to clear by computer. It used to take three days when done manually. Further, I have little faith in the “credit card” payment system, whereby money taken out of the account is replaced. The timing and amounts rarely match up and people tend to remember what is in their favor. To this day, there are 11 transactions I cannot account for, but since I know who made them, no big deal. Just don’t try this by yourself.

ADDENDUM
From Gab.com, I have compiled a list of behaviors that prove you are a white supremist. This is a self-test, no time limit, and there are no wrong answers, which is probably also supremist.
Being punctual.
Doing a good job.
Being healthy.
Personal responsibility.
Air travel.
Good at math.
Auto insurance.
Impulse control.
Paying taxes.
Two-parent households.
IQ tests.
Home ownership.
Flushing the toilet.
Basic home maintenance.
Investing money.
Returning grocery carts.
Turn signals.
Farming.
Visiting national parks.
Mowing your lawn.
Walking on the Moon.
           If you do or have any of these things, CRT says you are racist to the core. We just know they consider this a partial list.

Last Laugh