Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, February 19, 2021

February 19, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: February 19, 2020, a sobering notion.
Five years ago today: February 19, 2016, we need another crash.
Nine years ago today: February 19, 2012, early privacy warning.
Random years ago today: February 19, 2001, luxury sites only.

           Winding down at therapy, it’s sad because you get to know all the people there. Fact is, if the therapy could target my injury, there would be a chance. But the cost of ongoing treatment is beyond any recoverable costs. There is something pending, their policy is to say nothing. I’m going to seek other damages if I find the guy has any assets. He hid behind his buddies, I recall watching them after the collision. They were not questioning him and taking notes.
           The happy part , here’s the club welder. Minus that ridiculous thing they called a carry handle, we have what looks like all the working parts. The only use I can imagine for it is to build those security cages for all my wall air-conditioners. That’s something else I’d be learning from scratch. There’s other things that will come up, however I don’t know the limitations of a 110V type machine like this.

           Dang Lisinopril gave me a headache, which had me napping most of the afternoon instead of cleaning the place, as planned. I have company on the way and there’s spots around here that have not been touched since I began regular commutes to Tennessee. And that was, let me count, 27 months ago. If you think I was behind before, now I will never get this place really finished. Now hold on. What if Biden is stupid enough to continue the lockdown until 2022? His big tech companies will have their money back by then and, as promised, no competition.
           How do you like the double standards in America. The left tries to pull and impeachment over calls for a peaceful protest, but today they called for bombing and execution of Republicans. This just alerts more people of their agenda and tips us off how worried they really are. I even heard a rumor at the Thrift that on April 6, there will be a big breakway and Trump will form a new White House, declaring MAGA to be the legitimate US government. The scary part is he could probably do it.

Picture of the day.
Smoothie blender, commercial model.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Once again, a state with a known history of disaster is caught unprepared. A cold snap and power outage in Texas has food shelves empty and soaring prices. Sorry, it has become wearying. California surprised by earthquakes, floods in Louisiana, tornadoes in Kansas and hurricanes in Florida. I’m prepared for what can hit here unless it is truly something catastrophic and unexpected like a meteor strike. The operative word being “unexpected”.
           NASA needs a good ass-kicking. They are turning the Perseverance rover into another lame publicity stunt. The site crows about new images just released, rife with adjectives like “dramatic” and “stunning”. Instead you get that half-tard commentator and four still pictures. I want to see the Mars Helicopter, not the AOL drone in the company cafeteria. Did I mention JZ got the vaccine? He says there is no side-effects, but this is the third week he’s been complaining about a very sore left arm. No side-effects, huh?

           From all the mentions, I infer the host Rush Limbaugh, has died. I’ve probably heard him many times without knowing it. To me, it would have been just another commentator, I’m saying I never tuned in to hear him. I kept an eye on Parler and what I hope is a growing backlash against big tech. Australia is a source for me and they are instigating the movement by what I see. Of course, Facebook and gang fight back. They do not want people to know how precarious their true position really is.
           Thousands rushed to delete their Facebook profiles down under, but duh. You can’t delete your data. Te tech boys keep your data for ever and ever, you were warned. I used those tech sites only to pump tons of misleading information about myself, just to see what would happen. I do not patronize companies that use intrusive advertising. I do not shop at Amazon. I’m still at a loss why a parallel and very private Internet has not sprung up. It would not make as much money, at least not initially, but the response would be overwhelming.

           Which brings me to another million dollar idea that will go nowhere. Other than in millennial households, the computer often sits idle for long periods of time. We know they are profiling you on things like your buying habits, but the biggie is your search engine activity. Why doesn’t somebody, particularly somebody who knows how they categorize these things, invent a script that uses your idle computer to spoof? Create either a random profile or one designed to make them think you are somebody else? Do you see how this would work?
           You download it and when your computer has been idle some settable time period, it begins to search. Randomly, or with say, a set of preset buttons, begin to match the search pattern of what you want them to think. This idea, or some other idea that disrupts the value of profiling, which is how they make their money—selling your profile to advertisers. And advertising has gone from a source of product information to one of the most hated industries in America.

Last Laugh