Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

February 23, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: February 23, 2021, 95% of the time.
Five years ago today: February 23, 2017, longer than a lifetime.
Nine years ago today: February 23, 2013, nokedli.
Random years ago today: February 23, 2012, Riviera-like.

           So, rumor has it that freak Bill Gates is funding a lab to produce a vaccine that is a virus. It spreads like a flu so eventually most everyone catches it. Somebody is going to put that bastard out of his misery, but one thing of this is how it is tacit admission that masks and distancing don’t work. And the Dominican Republic is building a wall across the island to keep the Haitians out. And the best the anti-Trump critics can come up with today is that his Truth Social can’t meet the demand and puts people on a waiting list. Good morning. May I begin by what some would call bragging? Sure, those people call everybody names.
           Who recalls what these are? Little spacers you put on the screws of your electric boxes when your wall covering is thicker than the original depth setting. Today, I may do some wiring. This blog knows that topic tends to increase readership, don’t ask me why. But I can tell you since December 3 the blog here has had some record low numbers. Let me look back ten years on that. Yep, the lowest readership yet, but there has never once in those 3,653 been a day when I had zero hits.

           It was pitch dark overcast last evening so I went to the old club for a beer. I told you I may have started something a short while ago when the server and I began playing trivia. Soon, the whole place was in on the game. Well, last night I found a group playing when I walked in. I sat at the far end of the counter, my usual leave-me-alone stance except for Taylor. I began to answer the occasional question where a dead spot indicated nobody else got it. I guessed some by the logic that the answer must be opposite or they would not ask the question, and so on.
           Well, it turns out there is a regular game in town at a place I visited once and did not like. A craft brewery. Little did I know, one of the players was on a team over there, and yes, they give prizes. I have a special invite to show up tonight on the mayor’s team. I was the only once asked to join, but then again, while all this was going on, I was the only one working a crossword puzzle.

           When you are done examining the frost damage to my agave plant, we’ll continue. We have the answer why Truth Social is taking so long. Every Democrat shill hacker in the world is trying to sabotage it. I won’t join because of the need to member up and install an app (I’m told). They making a big mistake using Big Tech hardware. Anyway, the delay is apparently caused by verifying every account belongs to a single person. No bot farms, no multiple accounts, it takes time.
           One curious twist is Truth Social uses Hive (Hive Moderation) censorship, which claims to use A.I., but it cannot understand context, so it isn’t very intelligent at all. Most A.I. is (as I’ve explained in the past) a group of coders following orders. The result is the product inherits every one of their personal quirks and subliminal prejudices and drops to the lowest IQ on the team. My interest is how it will be used because Big Tech has tweaked it to disfavor whomever they don’t like. My thinking is Truth Social can do the same to cancel woketards. That would be something.

           It was not mentioned here but a short while ago I wrote several Canadian people I know about the arrest of a tiny lady (4-foot-11) from Medicine Hat, Alberta. Tamara Lich, sI knew she was a guitar player. Like many, she helped out the Trucker Convoy. A little under twelve hours ago she was found dead in her Ottawa jail cell.

Picture of the day.
Istanbul food market.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           TMAP, the website, is soliciting donations now. That the Rittenhouse project to hold media accountable for what they say. If it muzzles the woketards on CNN, I’d support it, but not financially. Because you cannot donate anonymously, which I warned about twenty years before what just happened in Canada. Now 46% of the entire population could have their bank accounts seized to pay for “damages” in Ottawa.
           Also, Rittenhouse isn’t that great a spokesperson or intellect, he should maybe avoid doing too much of his own promo. How about that video of the guy offering people either a one ounce gold coin or ten bucks. All of them took the money, one guy adding that he “couldn’t use the coin for anything’” because it wouldn’t fit in a parking meter. Why do people never make me offers like that? Maybe because I’m carrying a crossword puzzle in one hand.

           Another afternoon of easy work, the scooter signal lights are done. In the end, no glue or clamps worked. I made two stubs from PVC pipe and drilled holes for set screws. This took time as the entire lens, reflector, and casing had to be dismantled and put back. By that time it was hot out there. So I got inside and finally fixed the bathroom outlets. They had no plate covers as the boxes were set to match the drywall, not the layer of cedar fence panels I decided on later. Again, take apart the whole assembly and put it back together. It seems a lot of homeowners plain don’t like this sort of work.
           I finally started the five-string weight reduction work. Like many, it was built by a guitar factory and they have this 1962 mindset that a heavy bass sounds better than a light one. And this puppy weighs 8 pounds, about twice what it should. I thought about cutting down one of the horns, and I may do that yet, but so far I’ve drilled out roughly half the non-structural lumber shown in this photo. Yep, just take a Forstner bit and take out the biggest holes first, then get progressively smaller. This is exacting work which will spread over two days.

           Trivia, I attended the show. It’s not real trivia, but Triviosity. That’s the team game conducted by a disk jockey. It’s played in two rounds, I watched the first and participated in the second. I don’t like it because the DJ can slow the pace for the dumb-bunnies who should not be playing any game that requires fast thinking. There are four groups of questions which follow the “Jeopardy” format where one entire group is “TV questions”. The sort you cannot answer without paying inordinate amounts of time watching that crap. (Example, which 1980s show had a character called C.J. Parker. Answer, “Baywatch”.)
           Maximum score was 60, but you had to know the authors of books like “Two Boys Pissing”, so you had to admit being queer to answer. It is also a craft brewery that is wildly over-priced, a single small glass of near-beer is $6 and the staff all look like they’re on some kind of program. They were announcing the scores as I left so I listened as I was alone against seasoned teams with matching T-shirts. Highest score was 44. I came in fifth at 28. Not bad since I only played half the game.
           Heck with that, I drove the five blocks further to the old club, where the discussion of trivia led to another real game. What did I do with that tray of cards? Anyway, the success of this spontaneous game is not lost to me. Yes, we had the same troubles as Jimbos when we started, the ass-clowns who try to break up the game because it isn’t what they want. But, there is a corner of the room that is a natural spot and the lady and I have plans.

ADDENDUM
           True, I’m only a hobby geology reader, but the announcement of a new continent makes consistent sense with what I’ve learned. Called Balkanatolia, it is the land mass between the Alps and Caucasian mountains, pushed into place by continental drift. Based on the non-volcanic mountain patterns and fossils which reveal a change in European flora and fauna 34 million years ago, I’d say there is a lot to this. You can get more info at the Earth Science Reviews site but I won’t link because the design makes it very difficult to find specific articles.
           But it is not a real continent until England or Russia invades it and they have queers clamoring for equality.

Last Laugh