Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

March 22, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: March 22, 2021, one fuse, six hours.
Five years ago today: March 22, 2017, effective since day one.
Nine years ago today: March 22, 2013, 25 miles by electric bike.
Random years ago today: March 22, 2007, “overseas employment.”

           What a glorious Florida morning. Here’s the sunshine streaming through my double window panes and reminding me to get the stepladder and wash them. The red cardinals are all over the feeders, now in the back. They still regularly patrol the front yard with high hopes. They focus on the one ball feeder, possibly because the others are not a couple feet closer to the house. Spaghetti for breakfast and we are off to a good start. JZ called at 5:30AM to check about the Fair, so I’ll make some plans, he always forgets what happened to the prices. Hmm, visible in this picture is the blog template, but you already know how that evolved.
           It turns out, at least from early comments, Dominion has been exposed. Cheating at every election since 2000, but face it world, America did NOT ever legitimately elect anybody like Bush or Obama. It was just such a long, slow process of waking people up, we knew they were cheating but as long as people felt pretty much “left alone” they never spoke up. Ah, but now that they lost their jobs, food, children, bank accounts, identities, and rights to speak, they finally decide to listen when they are told.

           I happen to like that Fair and not just out of habit. They stress science projects in the exhibit halls (two of them) and there always seems to be something new, or at least one fantastic display or demo that makes it worth it. I coordinated my Rx renewals, so sometime this week is probably good. After more planning, I may transfer my prescriptions to a nearby facility as the cancellation of the study has other impact. For example, because of the need to keep the medicine refrigerated, there was always precise times to be there and back.
           Now, I can pretty much go when I want, which is my own schedule. My own in the sense that I don’t expect others to be as free-wheeling. Like Alaine, who does a ton of volunteer work, can’t drop everything to have brunch. We always had it arranged a week in advance, but that is not feasible any more. Except for a few minutes, we never meet up any more. A few times I get asked why I can be so casual about my prescriptions. A number of reasons, the biggest being is that I am not sick when I miss them I have a lady friend that has back pain if she misses a single daily dose. When I was first on the Star Trek injectors, the Rx renewal dates did not line up with my clinic visits and I found I could easily wait a week without any symptoms.

           There is another factor, and this is off the record. I would sometimes miss a day or two when traveling and this would advance my renewal date a few days or even weeks every year. Now, prescriptions are only good for a year, but renewals get handled somewhat differently. And that is the case today. My Rx expired in February but my refills are good until September. Most pharmacies will just backdate the order and fill it. I didn’t say nothing about this because I might need that to happen.
           What’s this Biden is sending US troops to Australia to counter the threat of Chinese invasion? Nonsense, you think China honestly did not know Australia was there thousands of years back? They just never had any use for it. The troops are there because that is the most likely spot for an armed rebellion to overthrow a tyrant. Plus, it’s another distraction for the Biden administration, where minimum wage is $7.15 and a gallon of gas costs $6.00. Australia, where chronic illness and heart disease among the vaccinated young is now considered normal.
           Tell you what I think is funny, that Democra klutz Brnovitch who is about to get his hide tanned by the Trump endorsee. Brnovich has people pronouncing his name as “Burn-o-vitch”, when it is really Br’no-vich. Next he’ll be claiming he’s Anglo-Saxon. Remember, it is not about the pronunciation, it is about making you feel guilty if you don’t accept the lie.

Picture of the day.
Summer in Svalbaard.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           For weeks now, I have a little bell I ring just before I throw a handful of birdseed into the yard. It’s to encourage the birdies to use the new spot, but no results until today. I don’t see any birds, but I get a chirp or two response. Maybe we’ll win them over yet. Reading the Brit news about America is more enlightening that anything in our own media. They know over there that freedom of speech has many constraints ranging from defamation to blasphemy, but the American press does not get it. Being told the STFU does constitute censorship.
           We got the next tryout on the phone, and this guy is thick as a brick. But his videos show that he can play. His problem is typical of guitarists, he lacks the complete side of the presentation that has to do with what the audience wants. My ad specifies it is a duo only and that I don’t use backing tracks, “I do not require a drummer to keep on time or a lead player to play the instrumentals”. Of course, for those who cannot fathom that, it always commences a 15 minute conversation whereby I have to convince them to listen to the demo recordings I send them, and on a real stereo, not a speaker phone where you cannot hear the bass. Before continuing, there’s me pointing at the round feeder globe the birds like best. Not so focused through that window pain, but that little black ball way in the background. Back to the guitarist.

           He’s also a no-tech, five goddam minutes fumbling with his phone after you told him you don’t want him to listening on a ½-inch speaker. Then he wants to know why you don’t want a big band, another 15 minutes waste of time. Then he brings up “backing tracks” which are utterly forbidden by my ad, but he always knows somebody who uses them. Like he’s testing to see how open-minded you are. Buy I’m used to this type of crap. You have not played a single tune yet and he wants to know if the band will get bigger over time. No. What part of duo don’t these people understand.
           Like most guitarists, he wanted to know how I was playing gigs without a guitarist. They don’t believe it can be done. So I sent him two videos of me doing it., knowing full well that can backfire if he’s really a lying lead player claiming to do rhythm until he can take over. The good news is he lives twelve miles away, the bad news is that those six demo songs he sent me may be his entire song list. Normally I’d tell this guy to come back when he grows up, but Polk County has made me desperate.

           I mean, it’s a Minnesota area code, so he’s had the phone a while. Why try to play an MP3 on it for the first time in your friggen life when somebody else is on the line. You tell him to uncheck the mute button, and he’s like, “What’s that?” He finally admitted he has not played in a band in close to twenty years, and that means hardly at all.
           The only item that irks me is his mention of backing tracks. The usually have a lot of time invested in that and usually the wrong version in the wrong key. I relistened to his demos and there are faint tracks in the background, this is always an obstacle. It’s already evident he will struggle with some of the more complicated pieces I do, but I can work around that. He’s smart enough to pick up that he’s used to dealing mainly with rookies, most of whom I rejected the first year I was in Polk. But, every possibility in this trade deserves a tryout. I’ve played in bands successfully with people who were near total rejects, but they showed up on time.

           This is a link to an XOR gate, an exclusive or, demo. It is the basis for most computer circuitry for reasons I don’t understand, since it isn’t the easiest gate that does the job. JZ calls twice, y’think maybe his memory isn’t as great as it used to be? At any rate, he wants to move Fair time up from 4:30PM until 1:00PM. So I’ll need to get an early start. He’s on about something, I think he may want to bring his old girlfriend along, but I flatly vote no. She moves 1/10th of a mile per hour and is one of those people who needs constant attention, which she has learned to do by having little accidents. This is not being cruel, she takes advantage of him but that’s what he’s grown used to.

ADDENDUM
So, the news company that posts Trump rallies has been suspended just ahead of his upcoming Georgia appearance. Where the corrupt governor stands to lose heavy to a Trump-endorsed contender. Like most Americans, I don’t understand why they don’t just post it on some other platform. I’d watch it where it was available, say BitChute or Rumble, though I understand most non-youTube sites have been maliciously painted as nazi-far-right-extremists, but those terms don’t mean much any more. People would rather listen to a righ- wing hot-head than a left-wing liar. As it stands, the Democrats are pouring hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars into ads for the incumbent, usually not a popular move with voters.
           One has to wonder if Twitter still has any accounts left to suspend. I know little of the operation but all you hear is people getting shut down. And a lot of obvious shitty posts from shills thanking Twitter and youTube for “keeping them safe”. I dunno, if I had any real enemies, I’d want to know as much as possible about what they are saying and doing.

Last Laugh
Hey, I think it’s pretty funny.