Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, July 1, 2022

July 1, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: July 1, 2021, my first T-50.
Five years ago today: July 1, 2017, it is actually harder.
Nine years ago today: July 1, 2013, a certain abandon.
Random years ago today: July 1, 2010, I recall the Philippines.

           Without pretending to understand how it works, the Supreme Court is issuing rulings in favor of a classical interpretation of the Constitution. It could hardly come at a worse time for those sad individuals who call it an outdated document. I guess the EPA ruling was a big deal, as it affirms the rights of the individual States to block or even overturn edicts from the Federal agencies that have be issuing them—and who are also the strong-arm part of the central government. I’ll warn again, the bad guys are not going to give up without a fight.
           This comes amid a flurry of decisions which include gun control, abortion, and voting. None of this is pleasing to the radical left, following as it does on over a hundred Trump endorsees winning from street level up and some key states enacting anti-fraud elections laws aimed directly at drop boxes and rigged machines. These are interesting time.

           Time to mention food (it’s random on my desk calendar), but I have nothing for you. No, wait, last day I had to put chicken back in the oven for a total of nearly an hour to reach 165F°. Is this the year I wind up getting all new appliances by necessity? Have you seen the price of appliances lately? Try $3,500 for a kitchen stove.
           My mailbox stand finally gave out. It rotted through right at ground level so I can have the fun of digging out the stump part. I’m repurposing one of the legs from the neighbor’s tree house. That will be a good project for tomorrow. Because I’m having a DMZ day. Trim the flowerpots, weed the trays, make coffee, read a lot. This photo shows a couple new sprigs showing on the pistachio tree I don’t want. It is next to the peach tree, so I keep cutting it down and snapping off new growth. It comes back like this. If only the plants I wanted had this much vigor.

Picture of the day.
Check-in at The Jane, NYC.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Two hours for a forty minute trip, but I’m back from Winter Haven for rehearsal. I see the new guy struggling to find the time to play this unfamiliar music. He does recognize some of it. I can imagine it comparable to asking me to play swing era music, I just can’t. It all sounds alike to me. After, we met up for a couple brewskis at the local craft brew place, $7 per glass. The plan was to listen to the duo, as the place is known for that entertainment. I instantly recognized these guys as part of a larger band from Auburndale. The guitarist and vocalist.
           And they were making the same mistake I see a lot. Performing the whole act the same as they would in the larger group. It works, but it is far from the ideal way of putting on a good duo show. Friday or not, I was home early and deep asleep. Home your day was as restful, not that I need a reason to sign off.

Last Laugh