Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, November 24, 2022

November 24, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 24, 2021, Tennessee vehicle woes.
Five years ago today: November 24, 2017, cultural non-equivalents.
Nine years ago today: November 24, 2013, wearing out the sidecar.
Random years ago today: November 24, 2006, No, no to Mexico.

           Good morning, except for the head of China’s largest industrial bank, who hung himself this morning. Yet another announcement of Soros dying, it’s such a long string of fake obits which I suspect is designed to cover the real event whenever. I’ve long suspected that son of his knows you can’t keep milking a cow. America must be kept alive and living on credit cards. If I’m not too mistaken, that brat knows he better soften up on the Deep State funding. There is also a half-hour each morning now monitoring the latest investments. It seems every time you initiate a new account anywhere on-line, something goes wrong. I watch every move, there’ll be no Enron here.
           Medical sources report babies are having heart attacks in the womb, but none will state the vax as the cause. If you want full acceleration from your Mercedez, that’s a $100 per month memberhip. BMW only charges $18 to use their heated fart cushions. Have you heard the term “renovicted?” And, though it is not commonly known, the Speaker of the House can enforce single subject bills. This would spell the end of 2,000 page omnibus crap the Democrats use to push through snark laws.

           Here’s a shot of the much-coveted long pieces of pallet lumber, in this case some 2x3” pieces 12-feet long. I finally found Agt. R in his yard, it turns out he was the one that got the hillbilly’s stuff out of my yard so quick. Says he took it straight to the dumpster. Anyway, we got a plan to get the hotdog cart into that space. Agt. R has no schedule but his own, so good luck setting a time. There’s some good news in a way, he knows this Mexican with “three large stacks of pallet lumber. I need that lumber and the bad news is must rely on Agt. R to get it.
           The story is that big pallet place south of Bartow has been bought out. The Mexican was going to build pallets but the new management won’t pay his price. To me, free is always the right price but it’s going to take some time to haul it away. I’ll see about fixing up a spot to keep it. Agt. R wants to just sell the lumber, but I would rather build something from it and sell that. Apparently the pieces are all new and matching, with no nail holes. However, we know Agt. R so be ready for disappointment.
           Next, I drove into Winter Haven and got some chasing around done. I would have liked to shop but Thanksgiving is one of two big holidays here, the other being Easter. Even Wal*Mart is closed. Doing what I could found me back here before noon, in the mood to crawl right back in the sack.

           Here’s a statistic, women under 40 are solid Democrat voters. Makes sense, and the majority of them are single. Let’s be realistic here about such people. They were mainly several categories of feminists, a movement which gains a lot of traction in my lifetime. I never had much to do with them, as they tended to be the leftovers, cruel as that sounds. Hey, I had to work with what I got and so can they, but there’s the problem. The society is not geared toward the single older woman and by that I mean much over 24, certainly over 28. They seem to have overlooked the necessity to become ever more self-reliant after that age. Instead, it’s as if they expect some sort of pay-off to come their way.
           I read four articles by such women. They all peaked long ago but refuse to admit it. In a man’s world, which they chose, if you don’t make it by 30-ish, you never will. They are complaining this elusive man never comes along, the one who lets them be themselves. My take is they can’t get a man, so they want society to take up the slack. Problem, the vast majority of taxes are paid by working class men, who owe these women nothing. It’s a deep wound, but a self-inflicted one. Other than friends of friends, I do not and never have any feminist single women in my circle of friends. I’ve no intention of changing that. And I believe the old adage that if women ran the world, we’d still be living in mud huts.
           I need a siesta but first a half-hour watch of a remake of “Journey to the Center of the Earth”, a version I never heard of. The acting is a little off and the lead actress must not have shown up because her mother took over. It’s not a winner, but has the odd Grade B gem like, “a woman’s heart is the last frontier”. That was enough for a bit, so I went out in the yard with the leaf blower. Then I figured on moving those concrete shelves. One hour, that is it. My gumption shut down right at 6:00PM in the mosquitoes, a reminder that I will never work much again. Too bad, I could make a tidy bundle. It was a disappointment, only moving maybe 15 blocks using the wheelbarrow. But that’s the big events of today so they are quite bloggable. Plus, I noticed that when I talk food or mention aches, my readership goes up slightly. Pure coincidence I’m sure, but as long as it continues, so do I.

Picture of the day.
Hole-in-one lightning strike.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Before we forget, there are now five papayas, all deep green. One big, as in grocery-size, three small, and one tiny just getting underway. I have a small plan to reveal my methodology of investments. Normally this would not get this far, but because this one came about as an experiment in itself, the importance is in learning the process and tracking the investment. The idea is you come along for the ride, as I will post the actual performance (but not the true amounts, just pretty close enough to learn the ropes). This is the Caltier Fund, first mentioned here in late October. The incentive was to learn about this form of crowdfunding. It is completely new to me, I don’t care that it has been around seven years—there is absolutely nothing in my books or background that gives a shred of experience in how it works.
           Nor is there one person, including all the tech-types in my circle who have a shred of experience or advice. This is not unusual. Ah, but the concept is clear. Many small investors treated as one big unit. It’s the Templeton fund (which I missed out on) applied to the Internet. Much as it appears new, I cannot rate crowdfunding as the “new” concept I’ve wanted to see on-line for so many years. Crowdfunding is an adaptation made possible by computers, so I’m accepting it as the standard on which I will move ahead. However, this is a blog, so there is no schedule. You get the results in the same fashion I do.

           So, here is the report up to this morning. The offering is Caltier Fund 1. It is $50 million invested in Class B and C single family rental units. As explained, if by 2030 there are mostly renters left in America, we will be at least partially on the receiving end. The Caltier site is slick but not efficient. You must sign up for an account and complete the government KYC (know your customer) forms, and provide a SSN. Minimum investment is $500 and can only be done via bank account e-transfer.
           The transfer goes in two stages, the bank account must contain the same name as the your Caltier sign-in. The transaction is initiated from the Caltier web page and is no means instant. I waited three days now, and the bank finally confirmed the withdrawal, while Caltier still says it is pending. Also, there is an option to set up a monthly auto-transfer of minimum $50, which I have enabled. For now, I am tracking the time taken for each development and marking the calendar. If it works out, my plan is too publish amounts that represent what is going on without saying the same are exact. The nearby graphic shows the message from Caltier now entering the third day. Thanksgiving or not, 72 hours is too long to not ask about potential kiting.
           Class B and C are the “middle class” rental units, as opposed to fancy penthouses. That’s what I figure Wall Street means by “own nothing but be happy”. Class B apartments/townhouses for the working class. Class C are similar, but need some fixing up first. Be advised that while you do NOT have to be a qualified investor, meaning you can ride over the bumps, you must declare a net worth of at least $5,000 and I did not like the screen that collected this information.

ADDENDUM
           Here is my record of how I understand a DC transformer would work. It appears to fake it by imitating an alternating current. That would normally throw me, but according to the literature, this is quite efficient, something up around 85%. I works by creating a magnetic flux that induces current in a nearby wire. As long as the field is moving, you get power. Otherwise, it is very similar in theory to pulse wave modulation (PWM), a topic I have read up on for dozens of hours.
           In an alternating current (AC), the field is constantly moving from positive to negative, which is the same in the wire as moving back and forth. DC doesn’t do that. It builds a field only when it turns on and off, that is, while the current is rising to its maximum and back to zero. PWM simply turns the switch off and on in a duty cycle.
           The result will still have to be rectified. The changing current is still rising and falling, which causes the magnetic field to expand and contract, resulting in an alternating current. I’ve got a box of those 555 time chips around somewhere. Just not now.

Last Laugh

           x margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em; margin-top: 1em; margin-left: 1em;