Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, November 26, 2022

November 26, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 26, 2021, mitre lock bit instructions.
Five years ago today: November 26, 2017, a scolding older woman.
Nine years ago today: November 26, 2013, a dollar-back scheme.
Random years ago today: November 26, 1984, I had the real flu.

           It looks like the new leader of Italy is serious about cutting people off welfare if they turn down a job offer. It is not the answer, I think, but it is a step in the right direction. Another would be cutting off women who get pregnant while on welfare. I woke up grump with a sore shoulder, so there. I got into town to pay the bills and caught Agt. R at home. That’s rare [catching him at home] and here is a photo of pallet slats. This is the bunch I told you about, a batch that could be turned into a profit. I put him to work immediately.
           You see, I thought for some reason the wood was in Kissimmee and wanted it here before I left town. Turns out it was just up the street. We had to back his truck though the yard to haul the hot dog cart out of storage and make room for this wood. It is three piles, two of slats, and one pile of rails. The problem was the guy donating the wood can’t speak a word of English. How do these people get past immigration? Did you know every 770,000 illegals who get into this country and fill out a census for gives the Democrats another seat? But this guy Iegit because of his daughter. But she’s never around to translate. That’s what got me over there today.

           Now this could be wrong, but not very wrong. The reason the guy had the lumber is he was contracting building pallets and they wanted to drop his price down. At $4 per pallet, you don’t make money. What I think he said is he has the option to build for another place. The pallets have to be in batches of 80 for which the company pays $400. Now, with my cost accounting background, I’m interested. He goes on to say, I think, that the company pays in cash. Now I am really interested. He says if he had somebody reliable to help, he could build the pallets in a couple of hours once per week. Do we know of anybody reliable?
           Here is Agt. R off-loading the rails. I helped load them but that took my daily quota of energy. I was elected to go buy the beers, shown here is a Landshark. Why? Because for some reason most of the local outlets don’t see the single most popular beer in the country. Budweiser in bottles. They have coolers full of lite beer, it shows you how gullible Americans are. They think if they drink more weak beer it is better for you. Then again, there’s the story of the lady who fills her bathtub from the shower head rather than the spigot because she heard it uses less water.
           This lumber is now stored over at Agt.R’s place but I can help myself. The dogs know me and I know how to get into the yard. Still, I want to get up to Tennessee and take care of a few things, so not much will happen until I return. Sure wish I had this wood up there as the old fence is falling apart. I may line it with chicken wire. It’s really gotten bad in the last five years. I’ll pay you $10 an hour to help me but forget that $15 per hour stuff.

Picture of the day.
London duckweed infestation.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The hurricane did a number on the hotdog umbrella, but the stand itself is unaffected. Here is the unit out in the open for the first time in probably five years. Lookie, another Landshark and you can see the dust and debris in the corners. I’ll get you a better picture soon. The whole thing has to be cleaned up as lots of leaves and such got at it under the tarp. The whole rig is a little worse for the six years of storage. The working part is those two burners which are easily replaced. The actual selling of the hotdogs is less than half the total work involved. And as I mentioned, it takes more than one person but less than two for operation and that gets back to the reliability ordeal. You ain’t gonna find no one.
           Hang on, I got a better [hotdog cart] picture already. This is the cart after six years under a tarp. Nothing is tested yet, we are planning on towing it over here tomorrow. All the paperwork has expired, but that would not be the same challenge it was the first time. In the end, we were never asked to show any papers. One of the propane tanks shows a little rust. All the metal needs polishing. I don’t know if the hot water heater still works. I’ll hunt up the owner’s manuals and such. Let’s take it from there. Right now, check the news feeds. What I want to hear is that the housing market crashes.

           Loab, rhymes with lobe, is a woman created by artificial intelligence. She’s appearing everywhere. It works like this. There is A.I. software on the market to do facial modeling. You chose the features you want and give it a “gravity weight”. Thus, if you like women with blonde hair, you could give that a high positive gravity. You can get an infinite number of pretty faces. Then, a strange phenomenon comes along. There is a feature of the software that you can give all the things you want a negative weighting, prompting the software to give the opposite features.
           You would expect an equally large number of unattractive faces to keep showing, but that’s not what happens. The same woman keeps appearing. Sunken eyes, gaping mouth, scraggly hair, I thought I was at an over 40 singles bar. I have an easy explanation but this phenomenon is freaking out some people. I say it is bad C+ code again. It isn’t lost to the world that most stupid people are ignorant about much the same basic things. It is what keeps them stupid because they can’t unlearn the stuff. Since C+ code always carries the bias of the coder, sooner or later that code is going to sink to a common level, and Loab is her name.
           Some 16,000 Teslas have been recalled because the tail lights conked out. How does one even manage to pull a stunt like that? Easy, hire millennials. They have no teamwork ethic because each one stumbles along in isolation thinking he’ll be the one with TNBT. Sounds like Elon needs to do a Twitter on his own engineering squad.

ADDENDUM
           Here is the picture of Loab.

Last Laugh