Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, December 10, 2022

December 10, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: December 10, 2021, IoT, what a joke.
Five years ago today: December 10, 2017, you “imagine” the note.
Nine years ago today: December 10, 2013, wild speculation.
Random years ago today: December 10, 2010, drawing guffaws.

           Chilly enough to keep me indoors, I spent the hours studying and diminishing my supply of coffee cartridges. Things that got my attention include a solar farm in Texas that puts the panels directly on the ground. I never thought about it but a major expense of these farms is the mounting the panels on steel frames. This move indicates that panels have become efficient enough buying more panels is cheaper than having them angled toward the sky. And predictably, A.I. Is being used to produce fakes that pass every test. A completely fake person named John is the prototype, I'll see if I can find any pictures by tomorrow. More about this taxi price list in a moment.
           There's not much incentive to fix anything in a rental unit, but I got underway this moring. Most pressing is the bad electrical and this time it is the kitchen light. The breaker box does not indicate which circuit and I hesitate as many times hitting the breakers causes bunt out bulbs and tripping other devices. I'll get it, but it's finding the incentive. I walked the dogs all the way to the next sub-division just to avoid starting early. Right now, all my tool batteries are dead, so that buys me some time.

           In another revelation why America needs to tighten up its laws on predatory law suits, a bunch of ugly women are suing Twitter because Musk terminated more useles women than useless men. If later I get flak for calling women ugly, let me restate in other words. I'm not saying they were ugly, I'm saying when they walked past the walrus tank at Sea World, their iPhones unlocked. And how about the latest in illegal immigration. Book a flight over the target country. Have one of the women fake going into labor, so the airplane lands. Then make a run for it. This happened in Spain.
           Here's one that has the feminists screeching. Albert Einstein’s marriage contract with his wife ihad three major provisions. Thatshe did the laundry, cooked his meals, and minded her own business. Feminism is the demanding of equality with men, but without any of the responsibilities. So the women are horrified that his wife agreed, while men are appalled that such things in a Victorian era marriage even needed to be spelled out. You stay at home, you don't work, dammit, you make the sandwiches and tidy up the place.
           Remember those old taxi meters from the movies? The ones with the little metal flag that said “For Hire”. They now sell for as much as $300 for a working model. The rare ones (you'd think there is no such thing) go for a thousand. They were not, as some suppose, connected to the mileage meter of the cab, they are clockwork only. There are versions for rickshaws and speedboats. Taxis were one of the most highly regulated early transportation modes. Insiders referred to them as fare meters and supers, for “supervisory” when the meter was owned by the cab company. I think, that is. The sources are unclear on this.

Picture of the day.
Antique tobacco shredder.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The Reb called, she'll be back in ten hours. I reported that me and the boys had voted to move to Bowling Green, the Do-Nothing Capital of Kentucky. She's not believing any of it, so we voted again and went into the kitchen to make garlic chicken sandwiches. They get only to enjoy the aroma. We are out of varmite, the Reb educates me that it is British. The Australian version is vegemite. I'm getting the impression Nashville is so off the map that these are considered imported specialty foods. Many have argued it isn't even food. As Al Klit once put it, “I have never licked a dog's ass, but that is the closest thing I can imagine.”
           So allow me to pass on the lesson. Marmite was invented in Germany by a chemist who may have been looking for a source of vitamin B. The concentrate was used to make a beverage. Around fifty years later, war cut off the supply to Australia so they made their own version with carrot and celery juice and a less appealing odor to many. Either is fine by me, but after reading this, I'll go for the Marmite. The label says use sparingly but I've seen people use it like butter.

           Oops, another call, a delayed flight. If so, that means a side-trip to Detroit and arrival tomorrow. I quit flying some twenty years ago because they've made it an ordeal. If historians ever ask what is the on thing diversity brought America other than having to lock your doors at night, I would answer having to show ID to get on an airplane. The majority of Americans are anti-immigration, but they have no organized voice. If I was going to run for office, I'd promise all the military who disobey mandates and get discharged will receive full pension and back pay if they fight the domestic enemy.
           Today the average amount of credit care debt per family in America just passed the $14,000 ceiling. The connection is the growing number of “families” who are single and (generally averaging), $14,000 is the poverty level for a single person. If you like statistics, the Washington Post lost 20% of it's readership once Trump was gone. Same with other MSM and significantly, all media in America makes itd money from the last 20% of their subscribers. It is unlikely WaPo or NYT can make any profit this year under these conditions.

           Now 8:30PM and the Reb called. Her flight missed the connection. I know Sea-Tac as it was twenty years ago, before they converted most airports into shopping malls. She is carrying sentimental material that she wisely chose to not have sent on without her. We'll go pick her up in the morning, she'll be glad to get back to the real world. Her parents were English, so she deals with Canadians much more than I ever have to. The current mind-set in Canada is that Biden's terrible performance is because he inherited all the problems from Trump. It's fruitless to even talk to such people as they must have ignored obvious facts for so long they no longer possess the resources to think their way out of that pit.
ADDENDUM
           The kitchen light is a real chore. It is one of those end of run switches that is a good 25 years older than the structure. I'll replace it with a 20A, since there is just enough room. The old switch is ceramic, older than some of the junk I found in my cabin from before the war.
           How do the Reb & I talk? Put it this way, we've known each other a long, long time. Here's your free sample. She is caught between flights so walks through the airports of Seattle and now Detroit. I volunteered to pay for eveything if she wanted to hit the heights of both towns. You know, if any sculpture is available for less than $30Gs, pick up a couple. She replied the only thing for sale like that were dolls of Fauci and Biden. I reminded her I used McD's figurines for target practice, but she could get one of Fauci so I could glue a little knife in his back. She refused to spend money on anything Fauci so I suggested she shop-lift it, since I heard that is no longer a crime out west. But it turns out only if you are un-White, folks, only if you are un-White.

Last Laugh
Wait . . .