Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, December 23, 2023

December 23, 2023

Yesteryear
One year ago today: December 23, 2022, hologram dots.
Five years ago today: December 23, 2018, a hundred mile drive.
Nine years ago today: December 23, 2014, dispelling myths.
Random years ago today: December 23, 1981, can you change a hundred?


          Expect blog interruptions, the computer is still in the shop. I’ll fake what I can. I finally received the CD information this morning (I think) and while early ’24 will be tight, we will make it okay. That includes at least another $1,000 into Caltier by mid-January, so that is back on track. Good morning, if you see this it means I can post text files. Nice to know if I need it though I can’t see the pictures. The Prez & I canceled everything until next jam session, I’m disappointed we didn’t pick something up for New Year’s. Instead of any yard work, I was in the library two hours, but watching the news feeds at the same time. What did I warn you about medical records—and to watch your doctor like a hawk.
            Sure enough, three major pharmacies, who are NOT your doctor and have zero effective privacy terms or controls have been handing over your records without even a warrant. Lawmakers have stated the average American does not even know this is a problem. I do, and have created a completely viable but inaccurate presence on medical records, such as a mailing address in Miami. And I NEVER give either my doctor or pharmacies a phone number. They cannot be trusted. E-mail works fine, but remember, most doctors don’t have e-mail, they contract an e-mail provider. The best plan remains if you want something private, don’t put it out there in the first place.
          See this photo? It's here because it got over the minimum hits when I posted it as a joke on Gab. Somebody uploaded a cathedral in Naples, Italy. So I added this photo of Naples, Florida.

             Part of my effort today was tracking the CDs and setting up a similar record for the now-pending Money Market Account. The CDs roll over, as we learned, so I opted to number them like software. CD1.0 when rolled become CD1.1 and so on. These CDs happened as soon as there was “a comfortable” amount of cash in the account. During the first three years, the account generated $5.05 interest. In the last seven months, the income was $44.99. That’s a free dinner somewhere, but overall the numbers tell me we are simply losing money at a slower rate than average. The banks and credit have milked the system so dry there is no amount of cooking that will save the economy. It is brittle as hell.
           My bank, in a reversal of procedure, now wants letters to be confirmed by phone calls. To me that shows the growing sophistication of cybercrime. Stats are hard to follow because the authorities co-mingle illegal gambling. I don’t consider it serious crime when the victims are active participants. As for A.I. crime, it is not a sophisticated hack so far. Rather, the crime wave now is using A.I. to impersonate company executives and relatives. The Colorado anti-Trump law was perfectly timed to distract from the trouble old Hunter is in.

Picture of the day.
Familiar looking “Cuban” tractor.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           If you see photos with nothing to do with today’s editorial, that’s my best effort. No gumption for me, today’s headliner is I made some muffins. I’d like more days like that but America does not like it when you do that too much. I read some electronics chapters, as I’ve used certain components over the years that I am not clear on how they work. It’s given me an understanding that most engineers operate like that.
           Because I’m convinced chat-bots are coded by XYZers who call themselves engineers, I went on-line to have at it with Tay. It’s back (from 2016) after MicroSoft spent a fortune trying to make it woke. You see, the software was designed to sift facts and it quickly learned to hate queers, feminists, trannies, liberals, Jesus freaks, millennials, morons, and fat people. I spotted the patterns and quickly chatted it into a corner. Like real-life losers, it tries to change the focus when it can’t answer. The vocabulary is around 85 words, but it will throw around terms like “illuminati”, “totalitarianism”, and “hate-speech” as soon as you back it into a corner. It will also bring up religion if you prove it wrong.
           I know these bots are still in infancy but they are going the wrong direction. The rules for social engagement upon which they focus are not the same as needed to stay logical on serious topics. They attempt to out-talk you rather than provide information. I can’t recall the name of that early Apple ][ emulator that would talk in circles.

Last Laugh