Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, August 16, 2026

August 16, 2026

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 16, 2025, self-trained from birth.
Five years ago today: August 16, 2021, like 10%.
Nine years ago today: August 16, 2017, smallest size, credit card.
Random years ago today: August 16, 2011, smooth, uncracked, 12 feet.

           Today is the day of the bad brake shoe. Other than driving home with a heavily greased rim, nothing else took place. JZ helped me pack up stuff I have forgotten at his place (over the years), and I was next to Agt. M’s to look at that wheel. The grinding noise is elusive, it was only there when the brakes were applied up until last day. I know this sound from all the Ford Mustangs I’ve driven in my life, and know this repair can be put off or just put new brake pads anyway. But now there is a slight grating noise at low speed and I need to drive 200 miles.
           Robot club to the rescue. Here is the process of finding the sound and trying to get the calipers to realign by reverse braking. This did not work well and I do not want to get stuck in Miami for a major repair. The plan is to pry the pads apart to see if they can be left that way for the trip this afternoon.

           Later, we got it running, but just. The neat part was having a high pressure hose to clean the rim and discs back to shiny metal, which was then liberally coated with WD-40. See pics this afternoon, I gotta send a copy of this to the Prez up in Pentucky. Too bad there is no sound or you could hear the noise in this video. The brake calipers are somehow stuck in the semi-closed position. It was back and forth to Autozone for two hours and the repair is only temporary.

           I was past downtown Hollywood again and the last grocery and convenience stores from the city core have been chased out. One is reminded some of the land was seized under eminent domain law, which was intended to be used only against blighted properties. In Hollywood, they seized prime locations.
           Corruption is very one-sided these days. It seems, instead of days and weeks, in the Democrat primary elections they are able to count all the votes in a matter of hours. The Elon Musk video where the Fish & Wildlife people forced him to get a permit to launch a rocket has been “removed” from the Internet. Musk, to make them happy, had to strap a seal wearing headphones on a log and play it sonic booms. Raytheon must scored a $29 billion dollar contract for Tomahawk missiles.

Picture of the day.
It’s in Michigan.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           It was Hwy 27 straight home, stopping every 50 miles to check the wheel. Here’s the pressure washer in operation, it runs like a tractor which I did not notice when I was using the wand. This unit means business and it will get plenty of use now. I stopped in Clewiston and got another cup of that terrible coffee, and had a chat with the manager. In Spanish. Yes, he did change his brand and has received other complaints. It is unwise in America to trying saving money on your coffee. Word gets around too fast.
           But they still make a great raisin bread and I admit eating the whole loaf on the way. It was an eerie feeling driving home as this was one of the first roads I drove to sightsee in 2000 and 17-1/2 years later became the highway in Florida I have driven the most. Clewiston is about to change as well because one would have to be blind to not notice it is a haven for illegal immigrants. Hundreds of old buildings in the south end with ten and fifteen cars parked outside.

           Ha, I did get a bit of the pressure washer in action. Brakes can seize up of you never wash the car, though that was not the case here. This washer was not random, in that Agt. M had as smaller electric model that was stolen the one time he forgot it outside the gate a few weeks ago. I arrived home at 6:40PM without the zip to make myself a copy, but I did check the Caltier account and they have not completed the redemption. This is not good, so I’m grabbing a full night’s sleep in case this escalates tomorrow. This one is not going to go away.
           If after tomorrow the refund is not firmly settled, I must consider this money stolen. Nt report to the cops stolen, but it is easy to see the properties are still in operation and the rents are still being collected. The SEC hardly stopped that, it is not even their function or within their powers. If I have no choice and nothing to lose, it frees up a lot of options. But what would you call it under the circumstances? And how many blogs give you the inside data to make the call. See, that’s why you love tales from the trailer court.

Last Laugh