Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, August 6, 2026

August 6, 2026

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 6, 2025, Tarpon Springs.
Five years ago today: August 6, 2021, like new.
Nine years ago today: August 6, 2017, wiring the cabin.
Random years ago today: August 6, 2006, she killed the booklet.

           I’ve never read Shakespeare. I’ve tried, but never got into the stilted language. The material was force-fed in grade school, but I never got past the first few pages because it was not written in English. Another thing I’m not good at is asking for free money. The total donated to my goFund is $7 in foreign currency. I was not born to beg. That does not mean I could not learn. I got a laugh from this day in 2017 because when I moved here, there were two outlets per room and none in the washroom. Today there are fourteen in the office where I’m writing at the moment, and four in the bathroom.
           Did I work in the yard this morning? Nope. I worked on music, one of my pet topics to record in this blog, the soft under-belly of the trade. We know how, as each September approaches, guitarists realize they have blown another summer wondering why the right band never found them. They reach for a guitar and remember that bass player is their real ticket into a band. Steve has a playist on-line, so Plan A is to pick the tunes we already know.

           To my surprise, a good quarter of his new list is my input. As ever, guitar players won’t remember that directly. It allowed me to pick 30 tunes—but this time markedly different than last year’s list and incorporating newer material. Most guitarists are hung up on the GC-22. (The 22 songs that Guitar Center teaches.) Tunes like Maroon5’s “Memories” and up-rated Croce versions are prime examples. But let them think it is their idea and get on with it.
           I did have time to build this box for my best chisels. It was either sunny or rainy when I was outside, never just a nice stretch. This box made today because I found the pieces tucked away and only had to assemble them. Not long ago, this kind of thing could never happen around here. To expand a bit, I would have thought, as so many evidently do, that building boxes meant ever fancier joinery, scroll work, etc. This box is not fancy, but takes the rugged to what I figure is a pretty good standard. Yours, from the blog that dares to headline a box of old chisels.

           Next we have more real estate information. This blog is allowed to speculate, which can be wild at times, but within reason enough to be right a lot. I’ve been contacted back by a co-founder of LOFTY.AI. Hmmm, even if they know Caltier, they would not know I’m the same investor. Just let me jot down the quick details and get back to this later. I attempted to open a LOFTY account in mid-2024 and finally gave up due to the depth of bullshit jargon. I had asked LOFTY for assistance and was ignored, so they dropped out of the picture.
           What they don’t know is I document such things, so the initial contact was a form letter. I replied and now have a dialogue with the honcho, who has picked up he’s on the radar again. Here’s the speculation, reminding you it is foolish to think I’m merely pointing at idle coincidences. Okay, I replied that I objected to their use of unfamiliar words. I got an immediate reply that they had a new information page.
           So I looked at it, and be damned, that page has me written all over it. Every slang term or millennialism is purged and even the payout times are listed in UTC (universal time code, a navigation term). Without knowing it, somebody has been reading this blog. This is not entirely theory for two immediate reasons.
1) their presentation employs the same method I use to indent this blog, even to the number of spaces used, and
2) it is entirely possible somebody over there reads this blog, as total readership now exceeds a million. (Not daily, but total since day one.)
Picture of the day.
Category II storm simulator.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I did manage a couple hours and finishes moving all the lumber into place. This is for the frame only, I will have to scrounge for roof sheathing. This photo doesn’t how the two hours work. I was thinking the whole time, as the Reb says, it’s been a year and other investors will also have gone without news or reports. Imagine the desperation, but I cannot get tied up in that. If Caltier has the money, I want it. If they don’t this will expose them.
           My contention is they should divest their partnership with Sundance Bay and pay out something. If the buildings are in operation, where’s my cut? If they are not, then sell them. Either way, this is coming to a head.

           I know, stay distracted and work my head, not my heart. You may note how the lumber is not piled, but leaning at angles all over. This is so the Florida afternoon water runs off and does not pool. The far back fence is no longer sagging in the middle, but it is not in good shape. I would have dug the new post hole but for the spitting rain.
           Inside the shed, I put together a box for the small sanders. Technically I could claim this as my second specialty tool box, but I won’t. It has no lid and I knew in advance the tools would fit nicely. Both boxes today fit nicely for the same reason. I’ll know in the morning if I put to much into today—but I had to produce something. I get slow days like everyone else, but wasting a day is being delinquent.

           Tired, I took at look at military equipment costs. What’s this, the Army ordered some crop dusters? A slow, prop-driven farm plane. I liked it on sight, for I’ve been a critic of wasting money on weapons that destroy targets of lesser value. Vietnam showed multi-million dollar planes are no good if they can’t see the enemy or stick around long enough. The A-10 is capable, but there’s that $20,000 per hour price tag. Called Skyraider II, it reminds me of the Sturmovic.

           How about a curiosity. This is another “Arduino clock”, something that fascinates me. That’s as much for how they are constructed as to the free-thinking mode that even creates such devices. This clip show the workings, which you can research independently. It is four seven-segment numerals printed up to this size on a 3D. A servo under each piece tilts the view flat or vertical, depending on commands from a UTC clock via the Internet. This was a difficult screen capture as most of the good parts were blotted out by millennialware (pop-ups for constipation meds).
           You can see the workings. This setup would require 28 servors, around ten times as many as I own. I did not see the pinout, but I would imagine this requires a MEGA board with sufficient outputs, of which I own just one. And it is needed for learning in the lab and I cannot dedicate it to such an elaborate project. No link here, you are on your own. I do not like to advertising dominant sites.



           There is something else. Today was the first since my operation that I found interesting as to my personality. If course, listlessness can be a harsh factor after surgery, but it also dismays me more than enough, and this year has been bad. I like a day that is full of new input—which I further know does not often happen by accidently. It can take years of positioning to surround your life with the potential for this stimulation but it is too much to try to create it regularly. Unless you are born rich, in which case you hear of such types dying in the bizarre-est of sporting accidents.
           Let’s hope, because this was something inside my brain that turned off and then back on today. Hope it stays where it belongs. I also read up on the newest Arduino commands. They are dumbing it down to make it into a toy for dodos. Dozens of kits dependent on downloaded code that teaches you nothing. The dude who built this clock truly knew his stuff.

ADDENDUM
           Why eight outlets (four duplex receptacles) in the bathroom. Easy, there are two mirrors, so each has a GFCI circuit. There is a switched overhead outlet equipped with a motion sensor that turns on the news radio and powers an exhaust fan, and it is a fan that means business, unlike the one in your place, ha-ha. The other outlet tackles the problem that the bathroom has neither air conditioning or heating. It powers either a heater or 20” fan, or both if really chilly. It was originally expeditious, but [the fan/heater pair] turned out works excellent. I still need to add overhead lights in the shower. Will I ever make it? My new hot water heater is still sitting on the laundry deck.

Last Laugh