One year ago today: September 6, 2025, my last spending spree.
Five years ago today: September 6, 2021, first shelves, then boxes.
Nine years ago today: September 6, 2017, tales of the Argus.
Random years ago today: September 6, 2010, Remember the witch?
Trivia, did you know a front lawn was originally a status symbol? It’s from England and was a sign you were affluent enough that you did not have to grow your own vegetables in the yard. Who’ll be the first noise-maker this morning? Nothing by mid-morning, so I put another set of hinges on a box made from recycled drawer-panels. Again, I say there is something about that wood that causes problems. I have experience with hinges, but this set was a mess. Here’s some history for you, two of my youthful misperceptions about women. I was never much into the home-spun lifestyle, but I grew up surrounded by it.
First, the big lie, that girls are sugar and spice. I would have been a much naughtier kid, but I believed the then-popular bullshit that if you “got caught” with a girl, you had to marry her. This caused me to waste much effort over not getting caught. And y’know, I was right. Those girls were a good time but there was not one, even today, that I would do anything else with. Second, wait, I got distracted, now I’m back and I forgot, so there is no second.. Then I found a dried muffin in back of the fridge, so I diced it and spread it under the birdfeeder. Wow, started a riot. I guess they really like their muffins. They were still at it by sunset.
It figures, I wake up with a big of energy and by noon the town is dead quiet. I used the time to rewire my PNP demo block (small circuit mounted on a block of wood). I often have to reach for this item because my brain does not like PNP transistors. When they are powered up, the transistor is normally off. The base must be grounded to turn the circuit on. This has always got me, how you have to “take electricity away” to make the light come on. I also ran the laser on various types of wood and it does not like sap. It reflects the light away, and if the wood is grainy, makes for a very uneven pattern.
I’ve had all morning and the picture above is a logic circuit test. The quick explanation of all these “gates” and “flip-flops” is that they are circuits with a memory. You can flick a light off and on with a switch, but logic circuits have a memory. Click it on, and it stays on no matter how many times you hit the switch. You need a different switch to turn it off. Memory. I like to build these simple circuits and the one shown today barely works. It is an upgraded PNP circuit that will not turn off when it should.
COVID is a killer. As independent labs do more advanced testing, the horror story of the vaccines begins to emerge. The mutant DNA enters the cell nucleus and replicates. So vaxxed women are passing the mutation on to their offspring. Yet, the vaccine companies continue to advertise and people continue to line up. I have an alternative explanation for that behavior. There is a theory that stupid people are too stupid to know they are stupid. I say they do know, but will continue with harmful, hurtful behavior rather than admit they are wrong. It’s comedy central to hear them defend stupidity by saying without the shot, it would have been worse. How? By dying twice?
Cooking breakfast.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.
Crackhead Hunter says he “may have to” run for President in ’28. Gawd the left is getting desperate. For the record, it took the US 200 years to plunge into its first trillion-dollars of debt. The last trillion took 95 days. It was too hot until later when enough cloud cover got me into the shed. I complete some WIP, but my goal was to take a much closer look at a fancier box design. I’m curious to see if any of what I’ve learned applies to smaller boxes. I have no tools for the really intricate stuff, so what I mean is can more attention to detail be used to decorate the boxes a bit better.
This activity had me also look at time & motion. I am spending 18% of my build time using the laser. It’s an unfair comparison, since most of the time I’m also typing or reading. It shows the laser has gone from novelty to necessity. Staining the wood has dropped to minutes so the time spend on decoration has not really changed. But the stain and logo add immensely to the appeal. The printing mode is hard to beat because it is into the wood, not must scorching the surface like a branding iron.
The photo shows the sanded pieces, something rare over here. The panel groove is visible, What’s most different is the precision of the cuts. These grooves are exactly 1/4” deep. The miter cuts are 44.7°. I was in the shed for hours when I should have been doing important things, I am truly behind on everything. The solution is always more coffee.
As for the extra time needed to monitor the laser operation, I seem to have adapted, now be careful, that’s all I need is another hobby. I see we have another round of COVID sob stories. People just don’t want to hear it any more. The jabbed were not just getting a vax, they were actively bolstering an agenda being forced upon the unwilling. It’s only right they get what’s coming to them.
ADDENDUM
Here is something you will probably never see doing a search on your own e-mail. There have been so many data breaches that your private data has been stolen many times over. And the people that have it will sell your information to anyone. Why have they not been arrested? Internet law—they did not personally steal it and would argue the information does not belong to you. It is safe to enter your e-mail into haveibeenpwned. It matches your e-mail only to see if it was part of any data breaches since around 2002 (that I can find).
This site also has a curious feature where you can check if your password has been compromised. But a hit can simply mean somebody else has used the same password. My system of passwords has never been breached. A representative example would be the 7-Eleven breach of May this year. They got 185,000 files, each containing your name, address, and phone number. Along with your DOB and e-mail (yes, they know your e-mail password).
Ever bought an Amtrak ticket? Searched Carmax? Used your credit card at Advance Auto Parts? Peeked at Guntrader? Have your real name on Facebook? Well, you are fooked. I have, in my lifetime, had 3 data breaches, all on my original non-protected early e-mail account. I was stung once, by Imgur in 2012 and immediately cancelled that e-mail account. How can I be sure there is no information breach on-line? Because I’ve never put it there. I’ve put lots there, but not that.

