One year ago today: September 7, 2025, bars disguised as restaurants.
Five years ago today: September 7, 2021, Canadian sentiments?
Nine years ago today: September 7, 2017, yep, both doors.
Random years ago today: September 7, 2018, I still have that cart.
A slow day, in fact, too slow. I’m losing strength, nothing to panic over at the moment, but I am very keen on this factor. This is the first stretch [ten days] were I’ve progressively gone backwards, I was adequately coached on all else, but not what to do about this. By day 221, I should be rapidly gaining. Put another way, 5304 hours of recovery time and I’m not half-way well yet. So, if the blog goes off-air for a month, you’ll know. It’s a habit after 30 years so it is unlikely I’ll leave it that long by intention.
The brain, however, is functional and I spent this stormy Monday soldering and wiring. I’m dangerously low on coffee. Here is a circuit made from dollar store toys. The batteries are just ganged together to supply 3, 6, or 9 volts. I kick myself for not discovering that laser years ago, but I do have nice printing that is often mistaken for store-bought. It really gets me thinking about that beautiful 3D printer gathering dust in the shed.
We are at the height of a potential September coffee crisis. This is what I’m down to. One each of Columbian, French Roast, Classic Roast, and Homestead. Yes, it is top story today, no coffee, no blog. In a pinch, I have plenty of tea but anybody who once worked the hours I had to knows it isn’t the same. I had some chores but the sky was moody all day so I didn’t start anything. Then, it didn’t rain until 4:00PM. So, I watched some documentaries on Operation Opera, the bombing of Saddam’s nuclear reactor. This was a horrific and shameful bit of history that is barely mentioned in the [on-line] telling, which focuses mainly on the machinery.
In fact, the French sold an Arab dictator a breeder reactor, trying to pass it off as research. They also unloaded 7,000 Renault cars that otherwise would have rusted away from lack of demand. It is a sordid tale of French duplicity, but equally of horrid Israeli assassinations. I’m no fan of Israel (due to their underhandedness, not their politics) but I have to admire the precision and thoroughness of that bombing raid.
Since I first heard of the conflict when I was a kid, the Six Day War, I never had any doubt the Arabs, if they had a nuclear weapon, would use it immediately. Iraq could not hit Israeli cities directly back in the 80s, but they could supply Iran with everything they needed. I recall being fascinated how the IAF grabbed a bunch of fighter jets that had been bought (and paid for) by the Shah, and used them as bombers.
This is my original study, military hardware. I do not know how the IAF put tons of bombs under the wings (this is not so simple, the airflow is different), nor do I believe their version of how they flew to Baghdad and back. Nor can I agree with Mossad agents killing scientists in hotel rooms and driving over prostitutes. But militarily, the timing was fantastic. Two strokes of pure luck on the mission was the unknown reason the Iraqi radar operators shut down that Sunday morning for no apparent reason.
And two, the jets were flying 100 feet off the surface and somehow managed to fly right over Saddam’s private yacht. It is rumored the first warning of the attack was when he realized they were Israeli jets and telephoned his brother.
Recycled aircraft carrier, A.I.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.
Low on everything, I baked the last of the corn muffins in the cupboard. It’s not my favorite, but we shall quickly learn if the birdies like them. Such a fuss they made over the crumbs had them scolding me outside the picture window. Wary of taming them too much, they have learned to associate me with feeding time. Here is a failed experiment, This one, I’ll explain but I have not yet got it working.
It’s an easy concept. Batteries connected in series add their voltages, when in parallel they add their amperes. These are in series, you can see three packs of two batteries each. All these circuit does is place a red LED above each pack, so you can see which pack is switched on. In theory, this should give me three 3 volt supplies, which I can switch to 6 volts and 9 volts by using the switches. Except, it does not work. Somehow, the DC voltage at each stage is “pushing back” on the others.
Mind you, I’m learning something. The lights get dimmer at the same voltage, so something is wired wrong. I stopped work at nightfall, as tired as I’ve every been. Something is out of whack and I am bound by my own commitment to document what’s happening. The slight headaches for no reason have also returned and occasional pain in the lower right abdomen. Turns out to get my new Medicare card, it must be on-line with a account that has a phone number.
I would not rate this a productive day.
After y’days rather popular mention of how to check on how many times your data privacy has been breached, I have another treat for you. For those people who have nothing to hide, it must be a comfort that all of it is on file in case they ever need it. How often has your vehicle been flocked? Mine? Never. Of all my vehicles ever, not one has been searched on the Flock database. Some cautions are in order, however.
First, Flock is a private company with no law says they have to tell you everything. But recent public pressure has caused them to post their files since 2021. Mind you, they are some 200 days late with a promised update, which they announced only to ward off a pending court case. Also, they have conveniently lost their older records where the bulk of identities were logged. Their current tracking is based on vehicles, not identity.
Go to haveibeenflocked and have a ‘boo at the extensive information being tracked. As with most millennial/XYZ iinvasions of privacy, if you are tracked, it is on file permanently (nothing digital is ever totally deleted). But finding nothing does not mean you have not been traced. If you do search and are asked for a reason, be sure to put “training”. You might get a heads-up looking at the other reasons [given for these searches]. The police fascination with prostitution is absolutely nothing new.
As of today, each search costs the police $74.92 and Flock charges them $1.8 billion per year (around $150 million per month) for use of the system. The power-user seems to be the Joliet, IL Police Department, with searches happening 24/7. And the narcotics capital of Florida, for drug inquiries, is Pasco County. That’s the area north of Tampa, where Land-‘O’-Lakes is situated. That’s the outfit that got rid of the Indian, kept the land.



