Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 30, 2019

Yesteryear
One year ago today: January 30, 2018, working the floor.
Five years ago today: January 30, 2014, songs I hate.
Nine years ago today: January 30, 2010, dubious safety feature.
Random years ago today: January 30, 2009, has picture of the Isetta.

           The Donelson Library, much nicer. Fewer computers, no rowdies hanging around, and they hand you a guest pass with none of the hassle. I found the software to operate my spreadsheets but I was pressed for time. It's a better area, but ten miles away when the freeway is empty. And thirteen miles back because you cannot take the reverse route. It's also across from a shopping plaza with my bank, a coffee shop, and there's an excellent thrift a mile away. You get one hour on the computer, that's it. This picture is displayed on their counter.
           How do I know it's excellent? All the Amish were shoping there. Anyway, just my luck it was cold again, so I stocked up on some winter gear I'll probably never use again. I take back what I said that this was the coldest in 40 years. I took a look on-line and there were several occassions it was colder since 1979, and at this time of year. I guess if you hate cold enough, you can forget about it for a while.

           Keep happy, that's all I intend to do in this freezing place. We are tentatively heading for a Karaoke on Friday. Let's see how that goes, I'm fussy about Karaoke but got my nose flicked when I spoke up. So, play this one by ear.
Postpone the excitement until then. For fun, I bought a book on advanced multi-meter usage. If things pick up any more, I may peel some potatoes. I'm just not equipped for fun in the winter. Most unexpected events of this week would be the number of people calling to see if I need my house lived in while I'm away. Even JZ called to see if I had turned off the hot water tank. No, but I guess I should have. Next time, but honestly, I doubt I have every turned off the tank. JZ not only turns off the tank, he also kills the breaker.

Picture of the day.
Church, power plant.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Nothing much to report, I plain dislike cold. I had to take a quick trip to a little town called St. Juliet. With a massive shopping center. I was seeking a particulat book, no luck. That's the big adventure, except I bought two cans of organic pumpkin. The dogs like it. And the dogs may have to stay with me a but there is some concern on my part that the offer is being miscontrued a bit. Nothing serious, but you if all you want is somebody to pick up the poop, I may not be the best candidate. I'll do it for loyalty, but friendship? Let me think on that.
           Today was bitterly cold, enough to act up my old nemesis, leg cramps. After so long in Florida, you'd have to go back a long ways to the last incident. But I turned in early, under warm covers. You don't need me invalided now, not when I'm invited to Karaoke this weekend.

Last Laugh
           x
margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em; margin-top: 1em; margin-left: 1em;