Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, June 25, 2020

June 25, 2020

Yesteryear
One year ago today: June 25, 2019, credit, the new slavery.
Five years ago today: June 25, 2015, quitting celestial navigation.
Nine years ago today: June 25, 2011, too few smart-enoughs.
Random years ago today: June 25, 2012, supplying the enemy.

           I’m reminded of that quote by Galileo Galilei, who said he was “confined to bed, but not to rest or sleep". I remain exhausted after merely hading uptown for three fenceposts. The big issue for this morning is Forex trading. Our week ended at 1.874% (there are small discrepancies with other reported figures) while others are report a 7.87% gain. Something is obviously wrong. Funny indeed, as our settings are identical to the party line, I even had our mentor go in there and confirm this. The major difference is they were using the trailing equity feature while we were set for the less troublesome fixed income.
           Having said that, we should still have hit the 3% because that is the level where the trailing equity feature kicks in. I’m saying except for minor timing differences, the transactions should be identical up to that point. You know, my brain is so foggy, I may come back to edit this but my point is clear. I put in four hours today on this problem. One thing I resolved is that it is not my computer that displays the tiny font. Our mentor has the password and her computer does the same.
           You get one picture today, and it’s of Matilda eating grits. Matilda likes grits and lime peels.

           I watched some WWII documentaries, about the only activity I can do in this state. I’m surprised how persistent that myth is that Hitler went maniac and began taking over command from his generals. Anyone who believes that bunk does not understand the German command structure. They always had fewer officers per unit than comparable size Allied formations and command was always shared. Junior officers often went up the chain for the okay, this practice did not start with Hitler. You might be wiser to question why somebody out there is so determined to make everybody think Hitler was a maniac. What do they have to gain by it?
           Recently I said there was no place on-line to order fake fingerprints. But I correctly assumed it could be done with a 3D printer. I’m surprised these cannot be made to order. There is an engineering student is working the angle that you put a cloth mesh on your fingertip, but this is hardly the real deal. The problem with fingerprint authentification is that if I want your print, there’s copies of it everywhere you go. I learned this by accident while investigating printed circuit design—the materials easily show up fingerprints. And there is always the Texas lady who cut off her dead husband’s thumb and kept it in the freezer.

           What I want is the stick-on finger prints you see in the movies, where safecrackers use Hitler’s prints and so on. I see there are several methods. I may look into this more. This blog has gone in to some detail about how fingerprints are used in criminal prosecution. They usually do not employ the fingerprints or even tell you they have them. What they try is to get you to lie about being there, or similar. Then use that wedge to destroy the rest of your testimony, no matter how truthful.
           The interest in this matter is that I dusted and found strange fingerprints on my scooter. The powder is made from candle soot and corn starch. You cannot duplicate finger prints well with this method, just lift them. But imagine what would happen if a thief’s prints began to appear in the wrong places. If I find out how you can do that, I’ll post it, since I would never do such an evil thing.

Picture of the day.
Old stone fence.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I finally leaned on the Auvoria people, and what do you know, that gets results. Careful, though, these folks are friends of the Reb. But she knows that does not cloud my judgment. Notice ‘judgment’ is one of the few ‘dg’ words with no ‘e’ after the ‘g’. Things have to improve before we continue, but one amusing situation came out of this. The Reb & I learned the system so rapidly, they were denied their expected opportunity to indoctrinate us into the fold. It was comical. What’s prophetic is my role is once more emerging as Secretary-Treasurer. It’s something I suggest be taken seriously.
           What resulted was a series of e-mails. I’m reaching the conclusion that we know more about the system than they do, but can still be tripped up on details. The Reb suggests their focus is more on building the “downline” than establishing a real trading business, I tend to agree. But even so, they are serving the purpose of letting us know what to avoid—I never had any interest in recruiting anyone. For now, stand by, there are many options but I’m in the mood to choose the easiest one that works. As a reminder, my plan was always to find a setting that performs, and plow enough money into it to make a profit after the $189 monthly fee.

           I mentioned approving only sell orders after hours. This seems to work, though I don’t recommend it unless I can figure out why. What happened is I kept approving sell orders to see if the stop-loss feature would perform right. Problem, none of the orders fell far enough, instead I kept making a little here and there. Before long, it upped weekly earnings from the listed figure above. It is now 1.933%.
           What’s this, Olympus is out of the digital camera business. They sold off their camera division quoting market conditions. I read a few articles and conclude they could have saved themselves by reading this blog. Whoa, that’s a lofty claim! But hear me out. Over the years, I’ve listed the faults in the major camera brands. Each has some built-in quirk that makes it a dog. This includes the lack of a viewfinder, non-standard batteries, weak casings, no instant-on, no 640x480 jpeg setting, and in the case of Sony, weird-ass incompatible file formats. And that’s hardly a complete list. I recommended the features that some clever company could build into a decent $35 unit. Olympus went down one blind alley after another, when they might have saved themselves by simply reading what I had to say.

Last Laugh