Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, June 7, 2020

June 7, 2020

Yesteryear
One year ago today: June 7, 2019, a field test.
Five years ago today: June 7, 2015, 4,100 files, is it?
Nine years ago today: June 7, 2011, not that I was counting . . .
Random years ago today: June 7, 2017, early woodworking.

           Happy birthday, Eatmore. It’s been what? Forty-seven years. I still love you like I did, but we would never have made it. And today, blg fans, you have to wait while I search for a picture that’s good enough for you.It’s been what? Forty-seven years. I still love you like I did, but we would never have made it. And today, blog fans, you have to wait while I search for a picture that’s good enough for you.

           As the 11th week of Forex trading begins, I feel I have progressed rapidly with the tutorials. That comes with the uncomfortable sense of how often they get things backwards. Not wrong per se, just opposite to what should be. To me a good teacher wants you to see his point of view, but explains things from yours. And the tutorials have MicroSoft syndrome. References to charts that aren’t there, charts that are different than the explanation, the brand of thinking that nobody gets that far, so why proofread your own work. True, I make errors here, but this isn’t a technical work.
           I’ve created a spreadsheet that emulates the trading software at the pip level. No details, because you won’t learn nuttin’ unless you do it yourself. However, there is a connection between pips and leverage. The pips are the fourth decimal point and the leverage is set so that each pip, for the user, represents a dollar.

           What I’ve done is create a display that shows, in more readable form, the activity behind this pip trading. The decimals go to five places, and here’s what I’m discovering. When you buy and the price goes up, the software keeps an eye on the fifth position, called a pipette. They say it can be ignored and they must mean by humans. So long ago I predicted the business work would undergo a change from making a larger profit on a few sales, to pursuing the fractions of pennies on huge numbers of transactions.
           I think that’s what we’ve got here. To illustrate the concept look at selling. You want to sell at maximum, but nobody knows what that is. As the price rises, the software begins to let portions of it go at various levels. I see there are eight levels, but the calculation still evades me. The effect is to smooth out your buying and thus your selling. As the price changes, you are getting in and out of the trade at one-eighth the speed, so to speak. It’s the same principle as dollar-cost-averaging. There’s one glitch. The price levels shown on Auvoria seem backwards—but I’ll get it. Compared to other weeks, today’s market appears to be “very active”.
           My spreadsheets show the changes between the levels, although not constant in dollar, have a constant slope. That means the slope is the important factor, but why. Another question, when you extrapolate the line, it does not intersect the X-axis at zero. Beware of graphs that do not start at zero.

Picture of the day.
Mahogany shutters.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           This morning, instead of cucumbers, you get humor. Try it with salt. Because thanks to this virus thing, there is still no potting soil to be found in Central Florida. Everybody’s on this self-sufficiency kick. They’ll never last or stick to it, but it slows down my project which easily predates the plandemic. Suggested name for this pic? “Beer Garden”.


           In my vast collection of Radio Shack gear I got at their last sale, I don’t have any XLR jacks. I have to go into Winter Haven, possibly tomorrow, maybe I can find an adaptor. My siesta movie was some weird psycho theme with Antonio Banderas. I don’t get it, the guy can play one single character and he’s a movie star. I worked on the speaker cabinet a bit. I would not call this a full day. I put more time into the Forex training as presented by AuvoriaPrime. It is fairly comprehensive but covers no new territory. They got it right that you need to know the basics.
           This doesn’t improve the software but the alert student can spot the unevenness with which the coders react to requirements. A good example is the lot size selection. This fundamental should be covered before you start, but instead it is buried and only mentioned indirectly. So here it is in plain talk. There are three sizes of lots, or amounts normally traded. Use the US dollar. The lot sizes are

                      Standard: $100,000 per position
                      Mini: $10,000 per position
                      Micro: $1,000 per position

           As explained elsewhere, AuvoriaPrime uses leverage ratios that let you trade in the Mini region. That is where the software has to be set. My beef is that if you don’t have time for the details, you don’t have time for the big project. How should lot size be set? By displaying “standard”, “mini”, or “micro” with an explanation that displays during rollover. Instead, it is set by entering a decimal. You are “supposed to know” to set it at 0.1 means 10% of a standard lot. No wrong, but an excellent example of how contemporary coding has moved away from user-friendliness.
           The final part of the AuvoiraPrime Forex course leads one toward the least trusted of statistics, price indices. The bad reputation is due to their constant manipulation, the obvious instance is the CPI, or consumer price index. The so-called basket of goods you never buy. To conceal true inflation, the contents of the basket are constantly changed, and the index reset to 1.00. Do I follow such an index? No, but I follow how people react to them. There’s your herd mentality applied to financing. It’s like sex surveys, it works best telling men what they want to hear and women what they don’t. Anything in between is Danielle Steele.

           I watch but don’t always grasp the meanings. Like all the predictions the US will come bounding back. Does that mean buy or sell? It’s too early to ask me. But I do know compared to foreign places, the US is considerably more flexible. I predict I’ll soon find a set of preferred indices I’ll use for the purpose. If I get all this information together, will I share it with my AuvoriaPrime people? Of course not.

ADDENDUM
           I don’t recall if I said, but one example above all of millennial think has got to be the distance between US cities app. Think about it for a second. There would be two input fields. You enter the cities and press enter. Nope. You’ve heard of old wive’s tales? I think it should be fast-forwarded to old millennials tales. Top of the list has got to be their "keep 'em clicking" fallacy. Try the site, or just let me tell you what is wrong with it.
           You open the site and what should automatically happen? Well, the focus should move to the text box for the starting location. It doesn’t. You have to stop, reach for your pointing device, and click on the field. Now type in the first few letters, but no again. Even though the app knows exactly where you are, instead of auto-completing, it begins to drop an extensive list in alphabetical order of every possible location in America with the same name. Even then you may have to waste time scrolling the list. You choose it and it should enter it and move to the destination box. Nope. You have to click on it and activate the second text box. Pure boy-genius there, Tyler. Finished? Nope. Then you have to stop again, and point at the “Enter” box.

           Now, if you are searching several destinations, when you go back, does the start location stay the same? Nope, you have to enter it every time, just great for alternative route planning. And you wonder why I consider these millennial coders nothing but a pack of semi-literate duh-yups with their single space sentence endings and their AB rhyme schemes. I know they need the extra character for their all-important tweets, but how long before they eliminate punctuation altogether? And start demanding equal votes for their candidate?

Last Laugh
           x
margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em; margin-top: 1em; margin-left: 1em;