Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, March 19, 2021

March 19, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: March 19, 2020, quite badly damaged.
Five years ago today: March 19, 2016, “Cuban” as a race.
Nine years ago today: March 19, 2012, 30% of all ads.
Random years ago today: March 18, 2005, Mike’d be 85+ by now.

           I could not get away from Miami fast enough, with an attitude like that it’s no wonder things go wrong. Other than one lady cutting me off for a whole red light, I was able to drive into my morning sessions but let me tell you how that went. I got there 90 minutes early to ensure a parking spot, since I can’t be driving around looking. Now, I can’t sit in my luxury van and wait, since the fan is kaput. So I walk to the hospital cafeteria, quite a hike, to find out it is closed to the public. Nice of you to put a sign over at the main entrance, I told the lady at information. She gave me that “that’s a good idea but not her job” millennial response.
           So I walked over to the Pines Mall to discover the entire west side is closed because the movie theater went out of business. The far end of the mall is not walking distance in this heat and there are no other spots near the hospital. I finally went back to that horrid little kiosk, waited in line (never a good idea in Miami) and took my coffee outside. There are 6 chairs inside the hospital lobby where there should be 36 and the people in them looked like they had been there permanently. I found that old picnic bench out near the old sports area and boiled in the sun.

           The result was more running in circles getting my [health] insurances straight. I have excellent coverage, but not every place accepts it. That’s how Obamacare shafted so many people. In the latest round, I find that the lab where I normally got blood tests no longer accepts my plan, and I now have three doctors wanting updated labs. This is so much fun, I could not wait to get on the highway back home. Funny, now that I’ve learned to take my daily aspirin in the form of regular Alda-Seltzer, the product has become very difficult to find on the shelves.
           To the rescue, my nice mini-van. I know this chasing around will cease soon, now that I have all parties involved back under one insurance plan, but there is still this backlog of tests for the months it took to set things in order. But I can zip to these places and back in a half-day, not bad considering. I threw on an audio book, this time a spy story based loosely on the trouble France got for letting all those terrorists into their midst. As long as one can ignore the fact there is no such thing as a book by the Jews that does not mention the Holocaust in most chapters, it’s an okay plot, called “Black Widow”. The term refers to the wives the suicide bombers leave behind. I’m sure everybody feels so sorry for those women.

Picture of the day.
Eight-car garage.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The business situation. JZ is intrigued by the money statements showing the el cheapo property in Lake Wales. The number are great, it’s in that price range where you can’t put it on a credit card but is more cash than most people have kicking around. But I’m not looking for a partner. You know my inherent hesitance to partners anyhow, much less a rich type who is not used to working for the money. Plus I sent the Reb info about the 3 cent check from Capitol One, she said keep it. I told you she was a sweetheart. She cautioned not to spend it all in one place, but I wrote back saying too late for advice. I’d already kicked in the extra 22 cents and hit the gumball machine at Wal*mart.
           Have you heard the latest? The far-left-wing Democrats have already cooked up the next crisis. The “scientist” behind the flue shots may push for “cancer vaccines”. She and her husband have heavy positions in biotech companies. Or how about the over-reporting of every so-called test that “proves” wind energy is reliable, regardless of what just happened in Texas. And I the only who notices how radical left that Wiki has become in the part year? Everything that is not pro-globalist is a “now disproven” this or that.

           Hey, no photos, no events, etc. That’s because nothing happened this trip. I left home exhausted and got back the same, much as it was like when I worked for a living. I arrive here and zonk out for nearly 12 hours. The last time this happened regularly was in the days I’d get off shift work and lose half the weekend over it. I had time to watch a documentary on some early German jets and rocket fighters. I’m not convinced the war departments have released all of the documentation yet, even though they make that claim.
           What’s more, there is a distinct anti-German bias in what is presented, a kind of wartime unfairness that has no place in studies this late in the game. For example the Me162 Komet is still presented as dangerous, difficult to fly, built by slave labor, intended for children, and had no training version. It is even presented as having no wheels due to a rubber shortage in Germany.

           However, after-war test flights in England show it was safe and wonderful to fly as it was designed to be mastered after just a few lessons. Most German manufacturing took place underground by this stage of the war and there is mounting evidence that the “slaves” were inmates at nearby prisons who were paid and received extra rations as well at a time it is now known even the prison guards were going hungry. The pilots were often teenagers, same as in the Allied armies, and they are never referred to as children.
           While there was no training version, there were versions equipped with radio that an instructor on the ground could teach the students by observing their flight with binoculars. So it is not true there was no training. And the lack of undercarriage was due to weight savings. The rubber shortage story is a lie meant to reinforce justification for Allied bombing of German cities. Germany had warehouses full of synthetic rubber at the time.

Last Laugh