Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

July 27, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: July 27, 2020, look out below.
Five years ago today: July 27, 2016, give me five minutes.
Nine years ago today: July 27, 2012, routine vs non-routine.
Random years ago today: July 27, 2017, invented by Dr. Seuss.

           The French since Napoleon may not be known for military prowess but they sure know how to incite rebellion. They don’t disperse over a few dozen civilian casualties. Keep an eye on them, they are known for exporting radical politics like getting rid of monarchs and getting Americans involved in their problems. I awake to dozens of reports that indicate but do not state the fraud found in Arizona goes far beyond what was anticipated. Corruption to the highest levels of both parties. Like many, I suspected it all along, but as long as all I had to do was pay high taxes to keep them away, so what. But they’ve gone and made it personal.
           I apologize for mistaking the buffalo horn guy for a paid Democrat operative. But for all the good he did presenting such an image, he might as well have been on their side. There is finally focus on the poor saps being held in DC jails as “insurrectionists”. There will be hell to pay on that, since none have been charged with any such thing. But the Democrats needed a few hundred arrests because their prepared press releases for January 6th got published several hours in advance. Now they must orchestrate the situation to fit the narrative.
Ha, apparently they accidentally released detailed reports at 9:30AM before the demonstration had actually started. The media jumped the gun.

           Here’s a Wal*Mart prepper kit. It was the last one on the shelf, or I might have bought it just to see what’s really inside. Never buy the last one of anything in Florida. I read the label and two things I object to immediately. One is food that requires preparation. If you have to do anything more than heat it up, even if you have to add water, that could be a problem. Two is that unless you have to move around a lot, you should store food in cans, not in plastic and not in foil pouches. Cans are better all around though some people don’t get that right as clearly as they would if they’d ever tried seriously keeping food.
           Another laugh was the diet info on the package. It is designed to sell food, not address reality. I mean that many ways, including the fact whoever believes the hype has never really ever gone hungry. It’s weird how they presume people will still try to have full-course meals after an emergency. Let me tell you, one half-meal a day is what you get. Cooking more often attracts strangers. Eat a lot of pasta, you can “cook” it by leaving it in a pan of water overnight. Get used to one can of cold soup or hash most of the time. Be ready to pounce on any food that actually goes up for sale—even if you just use that as a distraction. I won’t tell you how to do that, but remember the tale of the lady who fed her pig the last handful of grain in the city. In a related vein, have you seen the woman they have pushing the 90 day food supply on-line? It’s like watching Sally Struthers talk about famine. They’ve both been sampling the goods a little too often. You can’t sell me a three month food supply when you look like you packed it away in a week singlehanded.

           Throw the schedule, I’m packing for Tennessee and presuming I’ll get there by the first of August. Pack up the van, leave enough room too sleep and use up my perishable food. Well, okay, the fourth of August. I’ll have and extra $400 to make the trip more fun. I’m going to try to jam that spare radial arm saw into the van and find the missing screw to make it work while in Tennessee instead of here. If I need the van for anything else meanwhile, that’s just too bad. Who’s with me on this? Here’s a picture of a coffee nest. It works like this.
           Until I invested in the K-cup coffeemaker up in Tennessee, everybody drank tea. For that matter, the kitchen counter was only set up for tea, and if you’ve ever measured out coffee and such, you know. Thusforth, my modularized coffee makes it carefree, all you really do that’s like work is rinse your own mug. The upshot is an increase in coffee drinkers in that vicinity, is a human nature thing. Tea doesn’t “stick to your ribs”. So, now I travel fully equipped with 24 or more pods in the ready access locker shown here. When I said I’m still a morning person, I meant after I’ve had my java. There’s two things that get me going on a Tennessee morning and you don’t want to get in the way until I’ve had my coffee.

           An aside to the antivirus people who pretty much demanded an explanation of why I uninstalled your program. First, if you know what I did, it is spyware. Two, it had no OFF button meaning I could not pause it when it interfered with my routine maintenance, or when it slowed down my computer at times other than 2:30AM when it was scheduled. Got that? You are sneaky and arrogant, and I don’t much associate with your type. What part of uninstall don’t you understand?
           And let me get this straight. The Gab.com anonymous private non-tracking browser “Dissenter” won’t install unless you give them a phone number. That spells “M-I-L-L-E-N-N-I-A-L”. If it was in small letters, it would spell “c-a-n-a-d-i-a-n”. Just show three pieces of ID to that RCMP over there with the big gun and then you can say anything you want.

Here is a neat Morse trainer on-line. Accuracy is more important than speed. Visual Farnsworth CW Trainer.

Picture of the day.
Burkhardt arithometer, 1898.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           This video on the future of the universe caught my eye. Boring. It goes on for a half hour about how everything collapses. But it keeps collapsing and around the half-way point you figure out this is the plot. The stars burn out, then the galaxies collapse, then the black holes take over and everything explodes and leaves nothing. But enough of nothing to start the next cycle. At the twenty minute mark, the black holes have devoured each other and yet another round of explosions. Meanwhile the universe keeps expanding, all this is based on “dark energy”, the explanation given when they just don’t know.
           The expansion continues, presumably, until it bumps into other universes with the same idea. Black holes keep returning, like Dean Koontz monsters, never quite dying. Eventually, tho, only one is left and it also explodes. By then, the multiverse has become evenly populated by protons cooling to absolute zero. This is only possible when all energy is spread over such a huge expanse that nothing is concentrated enough to do anything. But according to Newton, every bit of the matter and energy still exists.

           The van is travel-ready. Everything is packed including the radial arm saw I want to leave in Nashville. I’m taking just enough tools to build small boxes, I intend to invest in twelve new clamps this time. Unless I find I left a bunch up there, which I don’t remember. Here’s a peek at the travel configuration this time around. The bed is in the foreground, the rumpled white blanket is for the doggies. There is a nice layer of memory foam along the length of 8 feet, so the small dresser is not in the way.
           This is the furniture I’ve been wanting for years and always forgetting. There is a spot behind a chair downstairs it is measured to fit so I don’t have to climb stairs for a change of socks. Next to it you can see the guitar case and the radial saw is under that white pullover which got damp and is drying. To the extreme right you can just make out the travel refrigerator. I have not yet put a see-through curtain across behind the driving compartment but I have all the materials. The idea is to be ready to leave for Tennessee with two hours notice, four is better. The budget is for a two day trip, arriving morning of the third day. These romps are also my biggest vacations nowadays. The round trip will cost $240 in gas, up from $160.

Last Laugh