Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, December 13, 2021

December 13, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: December 13, 2020, my long-serving XP office.
Five years ago today: December 13, 2016, a bout of disgust.
Nine years ago today: December 13, 2012, remember Estelle?
Random years ago today: December 13, 2007, BrandsMart oil patches.

           Okay, a morning where 15 little things go wrong is my signal to change places. You want examples? Okay, how about coffee going from my usual box for $3.89 to $9.99. And on the way home the little dog got into my package of cajun sausage and ate half of them before I could pull over. Highly-trained animal, she says. I don’t buy Kraft Dinner much, but I did today because of the price Up from 89 cents to $1.29. I made the meal, but it has changed for the worse. It is standard a lot to slice up hotdogs, but now the basic product is sweet. Like they’ve begun putting sugar in the dough. By noon, I’ve been up and working or walking for more than seven hours, so any reports you get today will be between naps.
           The cold does not help my shoulder, the one that Big Loretta brought into the equation. Before I had a certain amount of pain at times in my arm. Now I have the same amount spread over a larger area. My beef is that one of those areas is my shoulder blade, which I cannot rub or apply balm or even put pressure when it needs it. The trade-off, to be clear, is that the quantity of pain is the same so not particular spot really puts me out of commission, which before the therapy was the didrection things were going.

The economy has become a sad joke. The Biden people are trying to spin the shortages and inflation but fool nobody.            Why the shortages are because the Biden economy is so wonderful, people have so much money that even at these higher prices, they’ve bought everything. That, sheeple, is why the shelves are empty. All I can say is if there emerges a political strongman out of what these Democrats have done, they will all be rounded up and put out of their misery.
           There is pretty serious talk at street level on this issue. Families have been broken up by the lockdowns and vaccines which by now are largely recognized as political fakes despite the ongoing propaganda. Grandparents have died alone because of hospital staff preventing relatives from access. Funerals have been missed, lifetime businesses wiped out, and too many people have died from so-called health measures. You can be your arse if the left gets defeated there may be hell to pay. The sad part or liberrals is they wil not be able to hide. Their outrageous behavior makes every one of them not only hated by the people they’ve assailed, but stigmatizes them as traitors.

Picture of the day.
Ciudad Boivar, Venzuela.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           It’s time for me to hit the road. I finished up all tasks, which including plugging the doggie nose holes under the fence and spray painting yard tools that were not aging well. The dogs and I went to the lake, then shopping where the little one got into one of my bags and ate half a pack of hotdogs. The little twit got three of them before I found a spot to pull over and slap his butt. He’ll suffer later because he can’t poop when he eats people food. That’s what happened hours later when we took them for a late stroll, making some three m iles they got walked to day. They know when we are both here, the great outdoors is their oyster.
           Sadly, the big dog can never be off the leash. He cannot be tamed around certain other dogs, people, or animals. He’s a puppy at heart but will just have to settle for the little dog romping around any open area. Fortunately he is part hound and wil
l be fully occupied and distracted in a moment by any aroma in the vicinity. He’s particularly fond of deer trails.
           JZ called back after ten days. He’s got to get out of Miami or he is going to end up there to the end, never knowing the open road, never travelling for the heck of it. I find that sad, but himself, he does not miss knowing nothing about computers, playing music, and he is as uncomfortable around women as he was as a teenager. That part is nothing unusual, but he has had plenty of exposure to how it is done right. I’ll say it again, getting it on with the prettiest girl in the room is the easiest thing to do in the world. Once you know how. I’m free to pursue any that I want, but then, I’m damn fussy about pretty. I’ll turn down 8s and 9s if their eyes are the wrong color. They should be the same color as my own. Others are free to feel the same, I’m not into telling others what they should like—but adamant about the reverse.
           My fancy coffee mug? It quit working and I cannot return it because it was on sale. I disobeyed my own rule about buying the last of anything, but got fooled because the package was factory sealed. I’m 2/3 finished “Then We Take Berlin” and it is not the spy novel I was expecting. Pretty close, however, since it is mainly about the major smuggling that went on in the city once the Soviets came along. They were short of everything, had a venereal disease epidemic in full blossom, and the only real supply of luxuries was the American commodities destined for the civilian population. It seems they always run out of the same things. Coffee, soap, perfume, cigarettes, and scotch whiskey.

           It is also one of those tales that begins and ends middle of nowhere. It chronicles the life of a burglar who is recruited by the secret service, but you never share any of those adventures. Instead, he smuggles, has a Russian fill his coffee shipment with morphine, gets shot, marries the boss’s daughter and otherwise wanders around the countryside in the less posh parts of England. The Reb & I share books, so I mentioned to her how a couple weeks ago I saw an article saying a great commodity to stockpile in America would be vodka. This made sense I guess, ithough I’d never pay a dollar for the stuff. It got us to talking.
           The only brand of vodka I could remember off the top of my head, Smirnoff, is also one of the cheapest. At $15 per bottle, Mind you, I saw that price on-line and do not know if it can bepurchased locally for such a price. If we keep talking, I may soon find out. Round it off to $16 plus tax woud mean four casesof 12 bottles would set me back less than $700. What I don’t know is what it would sell for. My guess would be $100 even, but that is only because I just read a book on the topic, refering to prices in 1946.

Last Laugh