Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, December 18, 2021

December 18, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: December 18, 2020, burn barrel annual coincidence.
Five years ago today: December 18, 2016, yet another flunked guitarist.
Nine years ago today: December 18, 2012, less than the down payment.
Random years ago today: December 18, 2007, an early Jimbos gig.

           They may have gone too far. The AOLs at DC caused cancellation of the Radio City Rockettes Christmas show, citing COVID “concerns”. If this doesn’t fire up Bubba, nothing will. The show was doomed a long time ago, many say. Because, look at the lineup. The dances are, except for the two who are out of step (go figure), all young, white, slim, mostly blonde and have a modicum of talent. Ain’t no woke libtard women worth their stolen salt going to tolerate that for long. Here are the people locator services I checked out this morning along with a reason for not choosing that outfit. I have not made a choice yet.

                      Intelius – way too expensive for what you get
                      Truthfinder – same, too expensive
                      Instant Checkmate – requires membership subscription
                      US Search – too primitive, mostly concerned with marriages
                      PeopleFinder – doesn’t say who is online
                      Been Verified – charges extra for everything

           I see I have finally turned up as a resident of Tennessee with all the prepared information I provided for them to glom onto. Intelius is the easiest to spoof, it says that they uncovered criminal record information which I do not have, and that I am 69 and used to live in Cincinnati, which I’ve never even flown over. They still insist I inhabit an 89,000 square foot house. It also says I have an arrest record and a weapons permit, both false. And that I use the alias. They still have no idea of where I’ve been the past twelve years except for what I told them. Ha! What’s more, if I’d known this worked so well, I would have done it long ago.

           Cheap used washing machines. They used to be all over the Internet, but not now that I’ve been looking. I figure $100 is plenty but these days double that for junk. The decking will have to be finished first, so I’ll make the measurements this morning. Make that this afternoon, the front tire on the scooter is low and my cheap-ass compressor quit last summer. So I went downtown, did some shopping. I didn’t know it was ugly lady day but I came through unscathed.
           It’s finally happened. Dollar Tree has raised most prices to $1.25. Biden and his Democrats are toast next round no matter how they spin that one. I know a lot of people who would not eat if not for Dollar Tree and this slams them hard. My average trip there has gone from $14 to $18. By now, you’d think almost every possible item has been mentioned on the Internet, but not solid copper railway tracks. Years ago I saw a photo of these hyper expensive items. They were for delivering another kind of ore to the nearest depot and were cheaper than bringing in steel rails. Not the rail bonds or control cables, the actual rails were copper. But I cannot remember where and every search fails.

           Here’s a lengthy article on helium. This concerns a potential major strike in Africa with some $50 billion dollars worth. The problem with helium is there is no easy way to store it. But if they find enough of the stuff that it becomes cheaper to replace, that would be big news. In space news, the Webb telescope is finally mounted in the French rocket, ready to go in six days. Parts of the mission are still secret.
           The telescope will be a million miles up there. If anything goes wrong, there is no quick fix like the Hubble. Webb was a manager at NASA before the Moon landing, and of course today’s journalists would point out he fired a queer at the office in 1963. Fact is, he was not fired for being gay, but for immoral conduct at the workplace. But journalism demands they make something of it. The telescope may be able to spot distant planets with atmospheres. That would be something.

           [Author’s note: make that a million kilometers. Those who think America should go metric are the same ones who think somebody else should pay for the changeover. The telescope has to orbit continually in the Earth’s shadow at a gravity point, which I never understood, since that point must be between the Sun and Earth, right? Anyway, the instrument has to be deep space cold and has a beryllium frame. It’s stronger than steel, but you can break it with your thumbs because it’s brittle.]

Picture of the day.
Charles Darwin’s gravestone.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           So, Bloomberg finally reports what we said here long ago, that the vaccine rates are vastly overcounted. No way even a third of the population has the vax. If it is anywhere near the 99% they claim in some groups, it is groups nobody cares about. The Internet has revealed every government department is untrustworthy and who can ignore the number of pro athletes dropping dead? There are reports of people dying rather than go to hospitals where the jab might take place without their consent. If you want a concern, it is how much more damage can the left inflict before they are thrown out of office?
           I went through the New Year’s gig list and this is going to be a patch up job. No way will, in regard to the last few rehearsals, are these guys ever going to be ready. But that isn’t the point. I memorized a few harmonies, which is how I do it, having no ear for music myself. I see I have one lousy set of computer speakers, so that will be addressed pronto. They were okay in the smaller area up front but in this more acoustically “loose” back room they sound like crap. I also measured the laundry deck and found some linseed oil to coat those cable dollies from Tennessee. I thought of making them planters but that isn’t very friggen original.

           Trump offhandedly said he would not investigate Biden and the libtard press is going ballistic saying that is proof there was no wrong-doing. Ha, what Trump meant is Biden is doing such a fine job of shafting himself, he sees no need to interfere. There is talk that people without a vax card will be prevented from buying or selling houses, but I saw that one coming and my place is in a trust. My feelings at the moment is that the Bidenistas are lucky Trump has not ordered anybody to march. Fact is, he’s got tens of millions looking for him to save the nation.
           Or how about these recent exposés about sexploitation of cheerleaders. That’s what I said the day I first saw the Dallas cowgirl lineup. I never bought that line they represented the clean and wholesome American ideal. Bullshit, they were strippers-in-training and I don’t think even one of them ever amounted to a thing. Same goes for the Rockettes above. Whatever these women were capitalizing on, it was not, ahem, long-term.

           Music critique time. Zac Brown Band, I had them pegged for a couple of hits, or these days, they shoot for album sales. I gave a listen to Comeback, their latest. It’s good music, but as ever, heavy on the orchestration and Zac has lost touch that sometimes you can stay on the same chord a while without switching to the relative minor. He’s finally including a few more stylistic bass lines, and I like “Fun Having Fun”. If only there was such a thing as a singing fiddle player in Polk County, Florida.

ADDENDUM
           The Wakhan Corridor, ever heard of it? Also known as the Durand Line, it is that narrow strip of land between Afghanistan and China. Originally it had several purposes, such as preventing a direct border between Pakistan and Tadjikistan (yes, I spelled that from memory). It also defined the limits of Russian and British ambitions at the time. Well, I just read China is building a road through it. The significance is that extends Chinese reach to halfway around Kashmir. Disputed between Pakistan and India, China also has plans for Kashmir.
           China needs a war. The unrest at home and fragility of that economy are at stake. The logical spot is Taiwan, but that brings in the Americans. On the north side of the corridor,in Tadjikistan, there are plenty of Muslims who have been causing problems in the bordering Chinese provinces. And China is not a fan of the wonderful things that Islam has brought the world.

           I watched this weird DVD about a guy who pilots military strikes by remote. One of his strikes kills this Pakistani guy’s father. The guy travels to America and finds the killer, pretending to buy a boat for sale. The movie drags, but the message is clear. The problem is letting Pakistanis into this country in the first place. Forty years of liberalism has taught us they do not belong here, and I'm far from the only one saying it. There is too big a gap between diversity theory and actual practice. These people harbor terrorists. At the same time, I don’t think Americans should be over there bombing the place.

Last Laugh