Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, November 20, 2023

November 20, 2023

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 20, 2022, looking at Caltier . . . .
Five years ago today: November 20, 2018, somewhere in Alabama.
Nine years ago today: November 20, 2014, if I had one . . . .
Random years ago today: November 20, 2008, $245 for the whole fish.

           Thanks for being patient. Bearing with this major upset is going to result in some permanent changes. The past few days have taught me a lesson, that I am not fit for the caregiver role. I can babysit and petsit and keep the household rolling. It's the other demands that came into play that wore me out. I just can't be climbing the stairs 40 and 50 times per day and my lifestyle is geared to cooking each meal within a half-hour. That part is okay, but think about the situation, with the kitchen downstairs and the bedrooms upstairs. So, what is the solution? We now know what she can do for herself and the decision is the Reb is off to stay with family friends on the other side of the mountain, where she can get the level of attention required here. We tried our best.
           A spot of good news is she can now pace the medications to her tolerance limits. It seems Tylenol, a common painkiller, can suffice where those nasty opioid pills gave every side-effect listed in the pamphlet. I started burning leaves, since they are predicting rain and I'm sure I killed every mosquito is a five block radius. I use the burn barrel so I can do other things while keeping a eye of nearby pets and doing a lot of deep thinking. There is no way the Reb is going to be able to work her old schedule. And Biden just stole 30% of my retirement. We've decided when she's able to better co-ordinate our efforts, realizing soon that may be the only way.

           Normally, I do all the books and detail work. I used to teach spreadsheets the right way, now they only show people how to cut and paste formulas. It's been twenty years anyway since I've taught the theory. Up to now, neither of use is that prepared to take over the other's duties. And I know the way my books have evolved over time, it would be unwise to not have her able to plug in the numbers. I believe my system is trimmed to the easiest and least demanding operations. This differs from the shallow approach of today's usage. With mine, you gain a solid insight into what's behind the totals.
Picture of the day.
Traditional Thai wedding dress.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Now I'm kicking myself for leaving town so fast. You don't get pictures until later and I have no bass amp here. The Prez is aware of the situation and that I may not be back for a while. He mentioned that flea market with the auction on the road back from Auburndale. I've meant for a long time to check it out, the place is just booming on weekends. He reports they have a sign-up list for entertainers. Sign us up, I instantly replied. Audburndale, for unknown reasons, is a focal point for anything musical around these parts. Expect more details. The building and grounds are huge.


Last Laugh