Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

July 17, 2024

Yesteryear
One year ago today: July 17, 2023, hexes & heaters.
Five years ago today: July 17, 2019, it’s still man-made.
Nine years ago today: July 17, 2015, on inflation.
Random years ago today: July 17, 2008, the strange “MegaBites”.

           While the world ponders how a gimp in camo defeated the US Secret Service and crawled within spitting distance of the country’s most powerful Presidential candidate, I listed two more tubes on eBay. This is not at all the best site, but what can you do? I timed the procedure from start to finish to find out exactly what is required and how long it takes to actually put an article up for sale on eBay. The product must be sorted, listed, photographed, and priced. Then you must upload the super-finicky eBay listing page, wait for the uploads, fix the photos, write the blurb and step through their moronic listing process, some are check boxes, some are text boxes, others are drop lists.
           To list two tubes this morning required one hour and twenty-four minutes. If they sell at max, my cut will be a lousy $52 bucks. I will seek alternative listing sites, since I now have a database of thousands of tubes along with pictures. Even the eBay listing page is shitty. You have to scroll past (get this) what other people looked at to see your own listing. Now that, folks, is your pure and classic example of the millennial brain-fart mentality. But then, I know a lot of people like Ken Sanchuk, so boring that watching other people pick their nose fascinates him.

           I have another millennialism for you. My Samsung “smart phone”. If you have made an outgoing call that goes to recording, and at that moment you get an incoming call, the notice blots off the end call button, preventing you from answering the incoming call. You cannot stop that asinine recording “to return to main menu” crap, you must listen to it entirely. If you turn off the phone and power up, the message continues until it plays in full and the recording mode times out.

Picture of the day.
Dashboard, Bentley Continental GT.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I do not have many tales today, I was chasing around catching up from dawn to 4:00PM. I would be in dire condition without that new van, and on the way back from downtown, I scored all the lumber needed to finish framing the “tube shed” for $22. Then I ran into Cher from Kooters, and we stopped for a few, oh I needed that break. She reports business has really slumped, people can’t afford to be out like they used to. We were the only two in the place which is usually hopping at the time. A rehearsal is slated for quite soon but I do not know if I’ll have time to hunt for a gig this week.
           I’ve had the van on the road 40 miles so far and noticing the things you don’t in a test drive. The passenger side radio speaker is frapped, there are tiny spots of pink paint, so the unit has seen some work, and the latch on the console is broken. All which, for the price, I can live with. Hey, look. I found a pick of the van and the lumber. How lucky can you get?

           I missed something out there, lots of quips about people losing their jobs. Too bad if it is diversity hires and liberals, they’ve just made enemies with I’d guess 85% of Americans. Since somebody is bleating the firing is “discrimination” you can tell it is Democrats being canned. Here's a good spot to repeat my suggestion that Trump announce that any civil servant to enables an illegal to vote will te terminated without pension on November 6, along with their supervisor and any relatives on staff. While they might still attempt a steal, they are greedy bastards and cannot take the chance Trump might win.

           Later, I’m turning in early, this was not my greatest day. I did get another hour in on the tube shed, which left me so plastered with perspiration I declined to take a photo. I am really surprised I had no repercussions from sleeping on that sidewalk last Thursday. For the first day in ages, I have not studied. I have no aches or pains but the sheer level of exertion over all this has me fatigued. Take up a collection and send me for a weekend in Ft. Meyers. I’ll thank you profusely.

ADDENDUM
           This is interesting. The New York Times photographer at the Trump rally was caught with his camera set at 1/800 and 30 fps. Nobody uses a setting that high unless they are prepared to photograph things like speeding bullets and heads exploding. Operating at that resolution also limits the camera usage to short duration, meaning he planned to shoot something at a time he knew in advance. While not suggesting a thing, I have no doubt that this whole thing was conducted by the Deep State.

Last Laugh