Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28, 2019

Yesteryear
One year ago today: January 28, 2018, neither loud nor complicated.
Five years ago today: January 28, 2014, on movie credits.
Nine years ago today: January 28, 2010, she was okay at first.
Random years ago today: January 28,, xxxx, wine & nano-technology.

           I left at 5:30AM and drove the 745 miles to Tennessee. Arrived here safely by early evening, but got my self caught in rush hour. It as a fitful night with aching joints. Unable to sleep more than 90 minutes are a stretch, I arrived exhasted. This is your poor-man's photo title, the highway sign north of Atlanta. I've brought along only the tablet, so expect shorter reports for a hwile.
           That was the day, it took as long to get out of central Florida as to cross into Georgia. That crapppy Garmin GPS didn't help. I stopped in Lake City and Chattanooga, otherwise the trip was uneventful and took forever. You'll have to wait a day or two for me to recover before things start picking up again.

           For reasons unknown, I stopped at a market, bought six bananas, and scarfed them. I don't even much like bananas. But avocados, that's something I can get into. And those baby tomatoes. By themselves more than in a salad, cherry tomatoes, that's what they are called. That does it, I'm going shopping tomorrow.
           And who remembers Super Asesome Sylvia, the science kid who was a role model for girls? Met the President, won all the awards. Not no more. She decided being a he was the way to go. And promptly faded into oblivion.

Picture of the day.
Um, it's a fake.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I mentioned the peach cider, here is your photo. Florida has been associated with oranges for so long, some will have a time recognizing peaches as the successor to that. I'm not the expert, but from what I've learned, orages ae finicky and prone to all kinds of attack. By comparison, peaches are hardy and there are vast orange groves now converted to peaches. I did not know that orange orchards, when mature, grow their root systems into each other, requiring special, and expensive, preparation to use the land for most anything else.
           This photo show the cup of herbal tea that was supposed to help with my sore throat. Does it work? Yes, but beware of side effects. Like running right through you in about ten minutes, turning all your insides the color shown in the cup, and sending you bolting for the bathroom door. And with very little warning. I'll get the name for you later when everybody wakes up.

           This is my first dead of winter trip in probably 25 years and I'm reminded of what I don't like. It's chilly all the time. You have to wear a sweater inside the house. Careful to make sure nothing sticks out from under the blanket at night. You have to put on a jacket to empty the garbage. And according to Robynette, this is a mild spell.

Last Laugh