Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

October 6, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: October 6, 2020, six servings.
Five years ago today: October 6, 2016, a generic day.
Nine years ago today: October 6, 2012, a crowd-pleaser.
Random years ago today: October 6, 2009, price drop from $750k.

           I just discovered Opera does not run a lot of Google products, such as this blog software. I can’t blame them, but I do fault them that there is never a warning sticker. Who remembers the old red Chinese scooter. It runs, if you can keep it running. I will never find time to get this operational so I’m giving it away. One of the hillbillies was at the door at dawn, he’s got no wheels at all. He lives in the middle of Indian Lakes, not the town but the tract of land. I think he’s getting himself a headache, but since he’s walking, I wish him luck. The scooter doesn’t need any parts, it is something that needs adjusting. Wait, it needs brake pads. Here's what it looks like today.
           Between dawn and sunup I was in the attic, where I bypassed the thermostat on the fan. Nope, the fan itself is fried but I will check the other wiring and switch. I was back down in the house before 8:00AM, which was just in time. Whew! The quality of appliances like this fan has fallen so drastically in America I’m tempted to install plugs rather than hard wire them any more. The day is approaching when I can’t be crawling around the rafters any more.

           It remained cool enough that I took apart the pallet for the Reb’s trunk or box. This isn’t just another knock-together, the lumber is carefully sorted for grain, matching color, and edge fit. The nail holes must match and I will fire up the jointer to make sure the box is practically waterproof. The Reb may not be my own, but she’s leap years ahead of anything else, so the box has to be as nice as I can make it. I notice the pallets lately are slightly longer, creating the possibility of paneling the interior of the sheds with this wood over time.
           For distraction, I’m watching this old documentary on building steam locomotives. No suprises, but I finally found out what boilerplate really is.

           Later. I may step in a donate the scooter. The hillbilly guy and his two big dogs. He was evicted a couple weeks ago, when he moved to Indian Lakes. He is now back in town but apparently cannot get back to his lodgings. I cannot help, even the sheds are too full of junk for him to crash in there. He’s broke and no work, without the resources to start a job and last until the first payday. I know this scenario all too well because I’ve been through it so often. I feel sorry for the guy but cannot commit to anything in my situation.
           From what I gather, he helped a neighbor across the way move some gear from a yard sale, and asked for money. They promptly kicked him off the property threatening to call the police. He stashed some gear in the corner of my lot out by the big trees and didn’t tell me. When I hauled out the trash, I saw it and threw it out. He chose the spot where people have thrown stuff before. But there was no sleeping bag. He lost his sleeping bag. It’s after dark and mosquito season. He knows better.

Picture of the day.
A town in Belgium.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           This is the wiring for the kitchen overhead being tested. It’s a good reason many people don’t like electrical work. If you look closely, it is only two switches. The two hours on this configuration was the result of old wiring meeting new. The old had, over time, changed colors so both wires were a very dark green. I had to try all six combinations as needed, each time going outside to hit the old breaker panel.
           The other complications were one of the switches is an end-of-run three-way and the other is somewhat a novelty. There is no easy way to see the pilot light for the exterior driveway light, so the trick was to wire it so that that leg only works when the kitchen light is on. The logic is why would I have the outside light on if I’m not home and in the kitchen, and if I need it, the switch I handy beside the door.
           Note the new style of connectors, the wee orange things with maximum three wires. They are not perfect, but such an improvement over the twist-on types that I’ve changed over to these. The configuration of three is a bit tricky at first in some combinations, but after an hour’s practice it’s not even a challenge. The yellow twistees are just there while I check the circuit for performance. The only actual improvement is this reactivates the old ceiling light immediately above the cooking area. Note how the drywall has been smashed open to get at the innards. I’ve learned to leave long tails on the wiring and how to tuck all that into the boxes.

           I’ve removed the thermostat from the van, the effect was instant. But the A/C still does work and I have not tested it on the highway. I also rigged up a more permanent fan switch in case that continues to misbehave. As is common for me now, this took twice as long as it should have. I found time to demolish an old dresser with my sledge hammer, and glued together the first panel for the Reb’s trunk. This is kind of neat, because it’s more the sort of thing I imagined would have happened. My electric chain saw, despite the finest treatment, is somehow skipping. The gears check out, so it must be something inside.
           My shop vacuum, bought on sale, is a lemon. If you leave it alone, the dust filter clogs. If you clean the filter, it blasts dust every time you turn it on. And I’m going to run an extension cord up to the attic fan before I decide to replace it. The thing looks brand new. I’m celebrating a third 8-hour work day within the last couple of weeks here. My energy level is still down to maybe 45% but being able to just put in that kind of time even just moving around is a welcome development. How was your day?

ADDENDUM
           It’s not for everybody, but I’ve lately viewed a lot of the posts in the Gab military group. Amazing, after all these years and so many propaganda lies, the same garbage is being spewed out by this so-called historians. Twenty years after the British admitted their involvement ranging from faking Hitler’s victory jig to the Athenia sinking to the Ann Frank hornswoggle, these myths remain intensely studied as if they were fact, continually turning up phony “new evidence”. This garbage must be ladled out by the colleges because every last one of these lamebrains has the identical take on things.
           Worse, they will argue points that they cannot disprove. Grand example, it takes 24 hours to cremate a human body, and is also incredibly expensive in wartime. Even if Germany had 100 ovens, which nobody has ever claimed, it would still require 164 years. This is the Ernst Zundel position. He did not say it never happened, only that it could not possibly have happened the way the history books say it did. He’s right, and they burned down his house.

           As an illustration of the grip the Zionist banking system has on the west, many countries including the USA are still paying “reparations” to what are called Holocaust victims. Yet the US had no concentration camps, no persecution, nothing to do with any of these people. I think Germany still pays each claimant around $140 per month. Most are collecting from several countries at once, so that adds up.
           It is hopeless trying to get an accurate total of the monthly payments to American Jews who claim they were harmed by the war. Nobody speaks up, which could be due to 70% of white Americans strongly objecting to such handouts because they have to guilt. The most popular angle used by the recipients is that the US “did not end the war soon enough” to make them happy. Also, the number of Holocaust victims varies wildly from country to country, often with no direct link between the people and the events.

Last Laugh

           x margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em; margin-top: 1em; margin-left: 1em;