Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, February 12, 2022

February 12, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: February 12, 2021, the Hobby Barn is gone.
Five years ago today: February 12, 2017, people who get visas.
Nine years ago today: February 12 2013, mild surgery, they meant.
Random years ago today: February 12, 2012, learning to sing & play.

           Good news bad news on the Taurus. The frost plugs are good but there is a leak where this metal flange joins the block. It is some sort of gasket, so I’m going to try block seal and sell the car fast. The market is great just now so I’ll ask a thousand. It fires right up and runs smooth. Other than that body panel damage from the hillbilly, the only issues are the bad heater core and the toe-in which eats tires every 3,000 miles. That will get you to and from work for a long time if that’s all you need.
           It’s too cold today and I’ll need a couple hours to wipe down the interior, it’s been sitting now 14 months and always did have slight mold issue, remember this car was parked for 13 years up till I bought it. The battery took an overnight charge, but it won’t hold it now that it’s gone dead once on its own. That’s how they make them these days.

           Remember MoviePass? I don’t, but I remember the concept as typifying the millennial abuse of the word “free”. You pay ten bucks a month for membership and get to watch a movie a day for “free” on your phone. Only true shitheads think like that. MoviePass is back after going bankrupt, but this time with an app that monitors if viewers take their eyes off the pre-movie advertising. The device uses facial recognition to ensure the viewer is a paying customer and pauses the commercial if it detects your eyeballs look away frin the ads. What could possibly go wrong?
           Sammy, the little white doggie is not well. I’m not that great at knowing canine ills but there is a change and the little tyke knows something is off. I’m cutting short his walks to only a quick potty break. The Reb is out of town until late tomorrow so I’m keeping an extra eye on things.

Picture of the day.
Pedestrian bridge.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I’m going to try some major blockseal on the car, it is a Ford 3.0L V6, and if I’m not mistaken, they don’t have a radiator cap. That could be a challenge since the products don’t like being added to an overflow tank, even the ones that are pressurized. I’m staying indoors for now, I can’t even tolerate 40-ish any more. Let’s click on the news, such as it exists anymore. Ha, that boy-king Trudeau has done it this time. Now he can’t back down without losing all and it’s his own fault. What a schmuck, he was following some hidden agenda that made him think he had Canada under his thumb and it was time to go dictator.
           The convoy has persisted, which rather surprised a lot of us. I was hoping it would grow larger but they are still enough to cause plenty of trouble. The point is, they cannot back down either, or they will be rounded up one by one. That slug-looking premier of Ontario says $100,000 fines and a year in jail. He’s just hardening the opposition. You bet I’m watching because I do not see a peaceful solution and if it comes to violence, tyrants are always outnumbered.

           Here are some millennial statistics. They are called the most educated yet dumbest generation in American history, known mainly for living at home longer than any other.
89% do not know how to read the tire pressure on their car.
88% believe co-workers should be required to think alike.
78% cannot identify a butter knife.
78% cannot make a home-cooked meal.
75% cannot install cable or Internet service.
67% do not read and do not understand investing.
67% consider Disney, Google, and Facebook to be ideal employers.
58% attend concerts to have something to text about.
           One thing has not changed. Money. A full 92% of millennials say they work only for the money. Myself, if I had money, I would never hve worked a job. And most millennials, 93%, prefer spending their money on experiences rather than possessions, which to me represents their one ray of hope.

           My latest bass line, in the sense I seek out parts of older tunes for ideas, is a tune that turns 55 this year. I truly like the riff from “I Dig Rock ‘n Roll Music”, but did I mention the influenceof Peter, Paul & Mary? (I’m informed that is the correct spelling, with the ampersand and no Oxford comma.) I figured Mary was okay but the two guys looked “dopey-eyed” and too old to be beatniks. Their biggest effect on me was getting me to figure out where all the music was coming from. With the early Beatles, you could see and hear every instrument. I quickly concluded the other bands were somehow cheating. I was just a kid, but to this day that forms a lot of what I first look for in musical group.

Last Laugh