Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, July 1, 2024

July 1, 2024

Yesteryear
One year ago today: July 1, 2023, them, holidays; me, work.
Five years ago today: July 1, 2019, I buy second-hand.
Nine years ago today: July 1, 2015, I look at auctions.
Random years ago today: July 1, 2004, my bank balance (very rare).

           Good news, I’m going to suppose. It was a shady day with a breeze, so I got out the full set of tools into the back yard and got 2/3 of the fence finished. What dusty, itchy work, as the old “fence” had to be removed. And it was rotten. The heat was (I like this word) oppressive and once again, no help. But I’m quite knowledgeable about how it is to sit in front of a computer all day and still be exhausted (but point out that four hours with a big break between is hardly a full day). I’ve got plenty of photos of this stage, so if you see them, that’s bonus—the library computers only work on every other USB micro. You must keep trying until one of them works, and it may not work next day.
           Compare this fence to June 25, 2024. The stem on my wristwatch got pulled out. It’s a situation known to people who A) learned how to tell time, and B) do at least some physical labor. If you don’t know this, you are probably here by mistake anyway, go find “Blogging For Dummies”, I’m sure it is out there. So my watch stopped at 3:00PM and I did not know until it started getting dark around 7:30PM. Enjoy the pictures without getting fooled that it was cool in the shade. Far from it.

           I ran out of materials. All those dozens of cedar pickets for my vacuum tube storage? All of them sawn in half to create a fence just a few inches too high for the big doggie to jump. The deer around this subdivision have become tame and they effortlessly clear anything less than five feet. Still, it is not something to escape the Reb, so there should be at least one view of the deer passage. It is between the neighbor’s fence and the new doggie fence, which is also straightened.
It previously consisted of pallets wired in place. This was describe here back in ’19. Many of the pallets had been wired to existing trees, often getting overgrown with bark. The untreated lumber has crumbled wherever it touched ground, leaving the nail heads and cross-members at the correct height to scrape a shin or kneecap. All had to be slow cut way through thickets of bamboo that never cooperates.

Picture of the day.
Castle Butte, Saskatchewan.
Video has sound.

           That’s it, a full day. I took the boys for a walk, sapping the last of my energy. I did a quick shop, not knowing what the situation with the stolen car will turn into. I’ve not seen this Volvo and have not rode in one for over 20 years if I recall right. Or if I did, so what, to me cars are either nice or they are not. I’ve been keeping JeePee in the back yard with me, so I’ve plenty of company. Quiet company, considering the wailing of Democrats can be heard from most any distance. It’s about that ruling of Presidential immunity. The snag for that bunch is the fake prosecutions against Trump. It’s likely the entire world can see the aim is to stop Trump from running and this removes the “Jack Smith” option to take Trump out.
           The left is screaming this puts Trump above the law, but in reality the President’s immunity is really based on public opinion and a majority rules election systems. His decisions means not total immunity, but that he can’t be sued and pestered and attacked like the Democrats have done to Trump since the first opportunity.

Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The library is going to be closed erratically until Friday, so here is the most up to day video I have. It’s the big doggie being fork-fed. Yes, folks, it has come to this. Now don’t go saying the doggies are spoiled. That's for them that’s “spoon-fed”. This boy is “fork-fed”. Learn and know the difference. One outcome of the meeting with Clay (the Kaiser) is that I am now more than ever convinced I’m on the right track with a small duo in Florida.

Last Laugh

           x margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em; margin-top: 1em; margin-left: 1em;